Info on Buffalo Arms Derringer-Mod 1, .357 magnum

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
dogngun
Levergunner 1.0

Info on Buffalo Arms Derringer-Mod 1, .357 magnum

Post by dogngun »

OK, here's what I know - they were made in Towanda, New York, by Buffalo Arms Corp, which made M1919 Browning machine guns for the RAF and for US military in WWII...These guns were made till maybe 1980 or so, and only 10,000 were made. They are ordinance steel nickel plated, very heavy and slab sided with a
flat bottom fairly large grip with wood panels. They were made in .357 Magnum, although I understand a few were stamped .38 Spl...they will take a .357 cartridge, however.

I understand many were given as presentations to officers who served in Vietnam, but I have no information on that.

I have seen a lot of posts on these guns all over the internet, but most people have no idea what they are and think they were just cheap junk...they were not.

If ANYONE has information on these guns, please share it here...I just bought one, and will post a pic when it gets here next week sometime.

Thanks for any help.

mark
The GOP/teabag party - Anti American AND stupid.
lv2tinker
Levergunner

Re: Info on Buffalo Arms Derringer-Mod 1, .357 magnum

Post by lv2tinker »

I found this doing a Google search. Hope it helps.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=459552
dogngun
Levergunner 1.0

Post by dogngun »

Thanks, Tinker..I had seen that thread...I did find a very informative thread while I was making up my mind to buy this one, but can't seem to find it again.

The derringer IS mine, though - sending the FFL Tuesday, probably have it next week.

Thanks.

mark
The GOP/teabag party - Anti American AND stupid.
lv2tinker
Levergunner

Post by lv2tinker »

Thanks....keep us posted on what you find.