old stuff

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

old stuff

Post by Mescalero »

Found a 50 round plastic box of .22LR Stingers.
Price tag says $2.46 on it, how old do you think that is?
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: old stuff

Post by Blaine »

80's sometime?
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Yea, not from this century that's for sure. :lol:
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I still have part of a brick of Winchester Wildcats that were 8 something for the brick....I actually remember when shorts were half the price of Long Rifles :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Mescalero wrote:Found a 50 round plastic box of .22LR Stingers.
Price tag says $2.46 on it, how old do you think that is?
1976............... :roll:

Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Were Stingers part of the landscape in 76?
redlevel42
Levergunner 2.0

Post by redlevel42 »

BlaineG wrote:I still have part of a brick of Winchester Wildcats that were 8 something for the brick....I actually remember when shorts were half the price of Long Rifles :lol:
I still have a few bricks of $8.99 Thunderbolts (or are they Cyclones? I'll have to check.) And at least one brick of 1000 lp primers marked $8.99. The primers were around $10.00 to $11.00 until the Great Primer Scare during the first Clinton Administration. About 1994 I believe.
Georgia On My Mind
Washita
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Washita »

BlaineG wrote:....I actually remember when shorts were half the price of Long Rifles :lol:
Ditto. Two bits for shorts, $.35 for longs, four bits for LR's. I shot the LR's in a Winchester 72 that I think Dad paid $12 for, new. I always wanted to use shorts so I could shoot more, but Dad wouldn't let me. It's been awhile. :roll:
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

BlaineG wrote:I still have part of a brick of Winchester Wildcats that were 8 something for the brick....I actually remember when shorts were half the price of Long Rifles :lol:
back when we had a Kmart up here, they would periodically sell bricks for winchester wildcats, remiington or blazers for 7.99, limit of 3 per customer.. i generally bought my alotment of 3 whenever i saw that. that was the late 80s i believe.

i have a 'few' rounds of 22 lr--- havent counted them all but likely well over 20,000 left :)

wish i had bought three times that many!
cable
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 1894 »

Just ran across a box of 50 rem thunderbolts 22 lr . $ 1.49 .

poked around a bit and found a box of 20 rem. 35 rem 200 gn core-lokt that has a tag on it for $ 4.50 !!! ( they have been reloaded a time or two since they were bought :wink: )
Phil
geobru
Levergunner 3.0

Post by geobru »

I have a couple of bricks of Red and White box CCI Minimags from the early 70's. IIRC, they were 8 something per brick on sale. I used to wait for the 22 lr wildcats to go on sale for $4.90 per brick.

Recently, I was looking for some Winchester brass and found a couple of boxes of yellow box Super_X Silvertips for $4.59. Sounds like a good deal now, but when you think of what the wages were like, ammo was expensive!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Mescalero wrote:Were Stingers part of the landscape in 76?
AFAIK, they were first introduced in 1975.

Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I need to come to grips with the fact I am old.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I am still using up powders that have 6&7 $ price tags. I bought my first NEW 94 at
K-Mart for $69.95 on sale. :D
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

shortly followed by 18% inflation during the Carter administration.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Yeah, Yeah ,Yeah. And my first car used $.24 per gallon leaded, regular and during a gas war nineteen cents per gal. I could get a quart of beer and a pack of smokes with a buck and still get change back. When I got hungry away from home I could get a can of sardines and a full loaf of bread for around seventy-five cents, or I could go to Mickey D's and get 15 cent burgers or 17 cent cheeseburgers. And I'm only 65...

I grew up with a father that went through the Depression and I heard storys like this all the time, except his storys were cheaper (nickel loaf of bread. Lard and onion sandwiches, ad infinatum.... :cry: :cry: :cry:). If I asked him for a half buck for gas to go out on Fri nite, his reply was "what did you do to earn it?" I got real sick of "Depression stories", and how expensive everything is now, "darn Democrats". Kinda like $.49 box of .22 lrs...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I still have one full box of Winchester 22LR Pistol Match left over from a couple bricks my father and grandfather had back when I started shooting about 1968 or 1969 .

Also have a quarter of a 30 cal ammo can filled with metal case M1 carbine ammo left over from the Korean War I believe .

When I was growing up that ammo can was about full and my grandfather used it up over the years . That was about all he shot in the old Carbine . Although he did have one box of Norma 110 grain soft points for it and of course I still have those . He and my father bought Carbines in 1962 so I assume he bought that box of Norma ammo about the same time .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !