I kept seeing 40S&W on the china mart shelves...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

I kept seeing 40S&W on the china mart shelves...

Post by O.S.O.K. »

And so, I decided that it was a message from above that I should get a 40S&W pistol :D

Looked around and found a really nice Springfield XD40 with three mags in original case with manual for $350 and pulled the trigger. Was listed in the MS gun owners forum that I belong to and was a face-to-face, off the books purchase. The 12 round mags are all marked "for law enforcement/government us only" - so that dates this pistol to the AWB period.

Was a weird deal really - the owner was a lawyer that also was a gun dealer - he runs both out of the same office! :lol:

He got this from a LEO and carried it himself until deciding to go with something lighter. Nice guy.

Looks like this only in 40S&W: (and with a little holster wear)

Shoots good! I like it. And I've been able to get 10 boxes of 100 since getting this a few weeks ago.

Not sure why 40S&W is available while hardly nothing else is, but hey - why fight city hall?

Only thing I've done to it besides cleaning is to replace the striker retention pin (they use a cheap roll pin that has a propensity to fail) with a double-rolled, high quality pin. I've done this to all three of my XD's...
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I kept seeing 40S&W on the china mart shelves...

Post by 3leggedturtle »

I like it. How log was it b4 you took the hint and bought it. The Scheel's I was at had a full shelf of 40SW. Ben shooting S&B's 180's. very little recoil.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

I resisted the 40 for along time. I had 9mm and 45's and figured the tweener wasn't needed....

I actually bought a conversion barrel for my G20 10mm previously - just to allow for low-cost factory practice rounds... and had some ammo for that.

But after the panic started and I saw the shelves week after week...
NRA Endowment Life
MOLON LABE!
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

With .40 being more and more prevalent I'm going to get a .40 conversion barrel for my g20 and start spending more time training with it.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

I have and can recommend the Lone Wolf conversion barrel - it works great, is accurate and you use the standard 10mm mags. I got mine from: http://www.glockstore.com But you can find them at Midway and other places.
NRA Endowment Life
MOLON LABE!
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Thanks MSSG :D
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Good call on the 40. I was buying 40 when I couldn't find what I wanted, even though I didn't have one. Same as you, I figured the ammo was talking to me. Wound up with a glock finally, need to go shoot it some day. LOL
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Grizz wrote:Good call on the 40. I was buying 40 when I couldn't find what I wanted, even though I didn't have one. Same as you, I figured the ammo was talking to me. Wound up with a glock finally, need to go shoot it some day. LOL
I'm in HI on my phone. Someone please post a mushroom cloud pic for me. :lol:
11B30
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

that's how you read the signs.
Providence said you needed that pistol.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

sore shoulder wrote:
Grizz wrote:Good call on the 40. I was buying 40 when I couldn't find what I wanted, even though I didn't have one. Same as you, I figured the ammo was talking to me. Wound up with a glock finally, need to go shoot it some day. LOL
Hey aren't you supposed to be out surfing or something?

:lol:
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Grizz wrote:
sore shoulder wrote:
Hey aren't you supposed to be out surfing or something?

:lol:
Went for swim in cove at resort. Happy now? :lol:
11B30
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

I have that exact pistol, except I have four 10 round mags for mine. I did buy it during the ban and really like it. I would like to have a 357 Sig barrel for mine
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

If anybody's looking for mags - Midway has some in stock - or at least they did earlier today - I ordered a couple of 40's and 9mm's. $24.
NRA Endowment Life
MOLON LABE!