.243 Savage 12FV

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
capitanchris
Levergunner

.243 Savage 12FV

Post by capitanchris »

Has anyone had any experence with a .243 Savage 12FV on the bench rest? I am looking at 200 yd. bench plinking. Presentently I am shooting 30.06 A-bolt with good results.
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

Not quite the same, but I have a Savage 10fp in 223 with the Accutrigger. I don't think you'll be disappointed in the 12FV's accuracy. If you do enough internet searching I think you'll find Savage has a huge following.
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

you can get a lot of information here: http://savageshooters.com/SavageForum/index.php
Triggernosis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Triggernosis »

I just sold that exact rifle a few weeks ago. It was the most accurate rifle I've ever had, but was just too heavy for me to hunt with. I purchased it mainly to get set up to shoot F-class, but lost interest in it and I've already got a .270 as my deer rifle.
It shot Cabela's bulk 75 gr. ammo. the best - usually one ragged hole at 100 yds.
Overall, good gun.
Tom
Eastern N.C.

NRA Rifle Instructor
4-H Rifle Instructor
HP Service Rifle competitor