advice

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

advice

Post by Mescalero »

Go out tommorrow and buy the gun you think you NEED.
Not the one you want.
There is a high degree of probability you will soon be unable to do so.
No whining, no excuses, just do it; and do not forget your ammo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Re: advice

Post by mikld »

Yep, I bought 200 rds. of 7.62x39, 3 lbs. of powder and another 3k primers today. Wish I could afford more...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Good on you.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

At this point, what I NEED is storable food...

Another 2 2-mo buckets of freeze dried are in the works to supplement my 3 months of freezre-dried, & 50lbs of Rice, 50lb of rolled grains, & assorted canned goods...

Though think a "spares kit" for my MBR might be a good Idea...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks! :D I'm good to go. AR's, M1-A's, Garands & carbines with about 30K of rounds to feed 'em--------then we get to the leverguns and sixgun rounds in storage. That pile makes the blackgun ammo inventory look like a pittance.

Yes, I'm the reason theres so many shortages. I picked up another 10K (pushing 55K)of LR primers today and........................drum roll................not 100% yet but 99.9%.............I decided I "need" one of those new Colt 901 AR modular carbines in .308.---------

Let the fun begin---------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

1894c

Post by 1894c »

bought a Ruger Blawkhawk in .357 magnum with a 4 5/8" bbl. today...had one...missed it (old-school, but somewhat practical)...i have enough Glocks and hi-cap mags... :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

Already bought an AR-15 about a month ago in anticipation of the outcome that occurred. I have brass, primers and powder, just need to get a few thousand bullets and I'm good to go.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Oh come on guys. Do you really think you'll actually get to use "the after we lost the second election to a communist moslim anti-American" gun for a TEOTWAWKI senario?

You know darn well when the time comes the feds will storm troop your abode and kill your butt dead before you can do much of anything. They've done it before and they'll do again. There will be no revolt, no rebellion, just an incremental loss of our rights just like they've been doing since 1937 or was it 34.

The only thing we can do is live our lives the best way we can and hope to the Heavens that we all die of natural causes before this country finishes its death throws.

Sorry but I'm so sick of politics and all these stock up threads I could just spit.

Oh, Mescalero I'll be glad to go and buy that new Ruger BH I've been wanting just as soon as you tell me where and how to come up with the money for it.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Joe,
What caliber, configuration, finish, barrel length?
Also look for candy store to accept delivery.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Joe,
What caliber, configuration, finish, barrel length?
Also look for candy store to accept delivery.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

336bl Good choice. I have one just like it. A great shooter and accurate.
I picked one up today also at Cabelas,Lacy,Wa . I needed another .44 mag. This one makes 5. And two rifles in that caliber also. Easy to make shoot very accurately with cast bullets. :D
This is going to be a record day for gun sales. Mid week,
extra staff on hand and a waiting line at the gun counter.
I saw 4-5 go out while I was there. :D
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

:shock: :lol:
Does the soul good, does'nt it.
The greatest gun salesman of all time, remember last time around?
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

J Miller wrote:Oh come on guys. Do you really think you'll actually get to use "the after we lost the second election to a communist moslim anti-American" gun for a TEOTWAWKI senario?

You know darn well when the time comes the feds will storm troop your abode and kill your butt dead before you can do much of anything. They've done it before and they'll do again. There will be no revolt, no rebellion, just an incremental loss of our rights just like they've been doing since 1937 or was it 34.

The only thing we can do is live our lives the best way we can and hope to the Heavens that we all die of natural causes before this country finishes its death throws.

Sorry but I'm so sick of politics and all these stock up threads I could just spit.

Oh, Mescalero I'll be glad to go and buy that new Ruger BH I've been wanting just as soon as you tell me where and how to come up with the money for it.

Joe
Joe, you're probably right, but it never hurts to be prepared. Besides, everyone needs some kind of excuse to buy another gun :wink: When it comes it won't be a collective hit, but rather stripping our rights one by one, or going after guns one person at a time as discretely as possible. I will just stay as prepared as possible and hope for the best.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

336bl wrote:bought a Ruger Blawkhawk in .357 magnum with a 4 5/8" bbl. today...had one...missed it (old-school, but somewhat practical)...i have enough Glocks and hi-cap mags... :)
I've been wanting the same one since I sold one in .44. I just can't decide on one like yours or the convertible version of .357/9mm.....or 45colt/45ACP. Decisions.....decisions! :?
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

My brother still has an old model Ruger .45 colt/ .45 ACP saa.
I remember shooting dirt clods at 600 yards with this gun!!!!!!!!!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I decided to consolidate today. I took a colt series 1911, an LMT CQBPS16 with sights, light, EOTech 6 mags, case all in box, and a derringer to the candy store in order to do just that my brother. I have decided to go to a bolt rifle in 308 as it has always been my rifle of choice. My GAP crusader will fit the bill nicely. Especially with the titanium can on it. I have a 45 nighthawk and a nighthawk 870. Selling maybe three others. My plan is to have the guns I need and have cash reserves for future choices. Tightening up on finances, working on new business direction. Shoring up home repairs and preps. I have stocked up ammo for my sons firearms and mine. Selling off all ammo not needed. making sure all credit is paid off. Just a few of my thoughts.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

rjohns94 wrote:I decided to consolidate today. I took a colt series 1911, an LMT CQBPS16 with sights, light, EOTech 6 mags, case all in box, and a derringer to the candy store in order to do just that my brother. I have decided to go to a bolt rifle in 308 as it has always been my rifle of choice. My GAP crusader will fit the bill nicely. Especially with the titanium can on it. I have a 45 nighthawk and a nighthawk 870. Selling maybe three others. My plan is to have the guns I need and have cash reserves for future choices. Tightening up on finances, working on new business direction. Shoring up home repairs and preps. I have stocked up ammo for my sons firearms and mine. Selling off all ammo not needed. making sure all credit is paid off. Just a few of my thoughts.
Makes sense, but I'm going to wait a couple months until prices peak...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

My candy shop owner said his supplier sold out of AR platforms, 800units, over night. I may want to make decisions before 6 months come. I put a high price on and I still think it will sell because of how it is set up. I have a case of ammo in 223 going up for sale here. Someone will get a good deal.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

rjohns,
May the great spirit be with you during these troubling times, I think you need to let things cool before you act.
I will support you in your decisions.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Thank you my friend
Mike Johnson,

Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I am your friend, my choice is to support you.
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

My fixed income due to injury with NO increase for inflation (2/3rds of 2003 income) and skyrocketing prices here does not allow for a brick of 22LR let alone any new gun. :roll:
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
1894c

Post by 1894c »

J Miller wrote:Oh come on guys. Do you really think you'll actually get to use "the after we lost the second election to a communist moslim anti-American" gun for a TEOTWAWKI senario?

Joe
i appreciate your comments...i'm not too sure that i'm willing to go quietly into the night... :)