Rossi (Puma) parts?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Rossi (Puma) parts?

Post by jnyork »

Who has parts for Rossi (Puma) model 92 rifles ? Dang little flat spring went zinging off across the shop into oblivion. I checked the Rossi website, doesn't look like they have parts for thier own guns
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Rossi (Puma) parts?

Post by AJMD429 »

I'll eagerly await a 'definitive' answer to this as well. I've managed to get a few out of one source, but they were 'out of stock' on the spares I really needed.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
1894c

Post by 1894c »

this is the single reason why i walked away from Rossi 92's, love the gun and the execution, but the parts issue concerned me too...when i talked to Rossi in March (Florida customer service office) they told me that they get a parts shipment once a month, again that didn't instill allot of consumer confidence...maybe Steve Young or another better-informed individual will come along bring clarity to this subject... :(
Ranch Dog
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ranch Dog »

I buy plenty of parts from Rossi but they are bought via the telephone with a serial number. That is a not that big of problem with the Puma rifles I own two. What you can do is find a photo online of a Rossi in the chambering and finish of your Puma that shows the serial number. Just use it. Or, find a fellow with a Braztech in the chambering and finish and use his. I ordered parts yesterday, I've been stocking up on various parts that I feel might need to be replaced over the the lifetime of he arm. Also download the owners manual so you have the nomenclature of the part. I call on Tuesday through Thursday, not Monday or Fridays, about mid morning. I've actually got them with out wait each week the last three weeks.
Ranch Dog
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ranch Dog »

Ranch Dog wrote:...Braztech in the chambering and finish
That is if the part is cartridge or finish dependent. Otherwise, and model's serial number will do.
Ranch Dog
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ranch Dog »

336bl wrote:when i talked to Rossi in March (Florida customer service office) they told me that they get a parts shipment once a month, again that didn't instill allot of consumer confidence...(
That's too bad as they are very quick about back orders, much quicker than people relying on vendor produced parts. They do receive one shipment a month from Brazil, a shipping container from what understand. You order the smallest spring and it will be placed in that container and shipped to you without delay when it hits Florida.

I own 14 Taurus handguns and 8 Rossi rifles, I've bought parts from them without any issue. I purchased $150 worth of parts for my two Rio Grandes but UPS lost them. After a couple of months I began to wonder what happened, kind of had forgot about them. UPS said they left them at my door here on the ranch but I said no way. Rossi said they didn't care what happened, and I had them the next day via FedEx without any additional charges.

I've also returned four handguns for some issues, issues that might not have been caught by the casual shooter. I feel their customer service is excellent. Some of it is a matter of being prepared to state your case with courtesy.
tattoo13
Levergunner 1.0

Post by tattoo13 »

I just bought a Rossi 92 in 357, what parts do you consider likely to fail over years of use?
Also how are prices for parts and shipping from Rossi?
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

tattoo13 wrote:I just bought a Rossi 92 in 357, what parts do you consider likely to fail over years of use?
Also how are prices for parts and shipping from Rossi?
Firing pin (2), cartridge stop (1), and one each of each spring, maybe a few extra screws. Although over the life of my 3 Rossis (25 years), I've only ever broken one firing pin. But, there are slight variations and you'll probably break the one you don't have a spare for.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

http://www.mmgunsmithing.com. This is M&M if you google it. Long- time Rossi warranty center. Also, COSteve recently (month?) posted another source he was successful with, maybe the old LSI (Legacy Puma when they peddled Rossis) warrantors? Do a search for COSteve; if I run cross it first I'll post it.
Try M&M first--their site comes right up and says "factory parts" 'n such.
Ranch Dog
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ranch Dog »

For me it is mainly the various screws that get removed for routine maintenance and get a bit buggered up. New screw sets every couple of years keeps a firearm looking new.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Ranch Dog wrote:I buy plenty of parts from Rossi but they are bought via the telephone with a serial number. .
What's the telephone number for "Rossi"....???? :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
44-40 Willy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 44-40 Willy »

I'm wondering if Rossi would carry parts for a Navy Arms 1892 that was built by them?
44-40 Winchester. Whacking varmits and putting meat on the table since 1873.
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

Sports World in Tulsa is the one C0Steve recently used - got a 92 ejector and some other parts.