OT- ACCADENT ON I-95

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
papabear
Levergunner 2.0

OT- ACCADENT ON I-95

Post by papabear »

I almost cried when I saw this picture. It is absolutely gut wrenching. It shows the importance of being properly strapped in.
A friend sent this photo of a horrible highway accident . The picture may be kind of hard to take for some of you. If you look closely you can see what appear to be some survivors of the accident still in the wreckage. Although the picture is quite graphic, it makes you realize how quickly our loved ones can be taken from us.
My friend stayed on the scene to help and even though he performed mouth to mouth on quite a few of them, none apparently survived.

PARENTS DON'T TAKE PICTURES OF THEIR KIDS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES
====================================================================
For Those Who Understand No Explanation Is Needed
For Those Who Don't None Will Do
====================================================================
Member Of The N.R.A.-North American Hunting club-Syosset Gun Club
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

Grolsch is really good stuff too.

Such a tragedy.
My first attempt at an outdoors website: http://www.diyballistics.com
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

What an awful tragedy! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

What a shameful waste of good beer. :(
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

If ever I saw alcohol abuse this is it. how sad. :( .Jim.
Wes
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Wes »

That is sad. I always liked beer that you had to chew on to get down your throat.
HEAD0001
Levergunner 3.0

Jack Daniel's

Post by HEAD0001 »

I saw a truck load of Jack Daniel's wrecked on I-65 just north of Bowling Green, KY once. The trailer busted open in the median strip. There was bottles of Jack everywhere. You should have seen the people who stopped and was picking up bottles of Jack. A Trooper was there and did not even try to stop the people from picking up the Jack. I guess he figured the public would clean up the mess pretty fast. I was surprised to see only a few bottles busted. Tom.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I'd seen that some months back, being the a___ retentive type, I closely examined the photo and determined that the accident occured in Europe. Prety much nationwide we use a yellow line for the left shoulder, a white line for a "fog" line and a dotted line for a lane divider or center line except on two lane roads in areas where it not recommended to pass. And in those locations it's a double line with the solid being on the side that's advised not to pass. 'Sides, the license plate were of the wrong dimensions to be US.

So, I didn't worry about it too much. Just hope it wasn't Germany or Ireland, nor near any population density, they would've rioted! :twisted:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Mojo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mojo »

True story; in 1978 when I was eighteen a couple of buddies and myself headed off to the mountains of North Carolina for a week of camping in the mountains after our last day of high school. We headed out at midnight in an old 4-door '68 Malibu. About an hour into our voyage we came upon a wreck. To our delight, a Pabst Blue Ribbon truck had swerved to avoid hitting a deer and turned over in the road. There were cans of PBR everywhere, much like the picture. Well, all the camping gear and the spare tire got shoved into the back seat and us three boys filled that massive trunk to the brim with as many beers as we could and still be able to close the lid. We were back on the road with the rear shocks completely bottomed out and drove that way the rest of the night and into the next morning until we arrived at our destination on the NC Virgina border. Ah, the follies of youth. That was a GREAT week!
If you can see the big picture, you are not focusing on your front sight.