Not a Levergun .. but I did find a Python

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

Not a Levergun .. but I did find a Python

Post by JimT »

No .. not the sixgun. The snake.

We had a guy from Zimbabwe working on the base the other night. He was living at Bush Camp a couple k's from here and was gonna walk home in the dark. I told him it was too far in the bush and I would drive him.

As we drove down this dirt track a HUGE snake crawled out onto the road in front of us. It was the largest snake I have seen in the wild. Over 6 feet long .. probably close to 8 feet .. larger around than my bicep.

It crawled out from the left side of the road, then lay across the road for a bit, then raised its head up about three feet, looked over the embankment in front of it. I told the guy to get out and take some photos as I did not have my camera. He looked at me like I was crazy. He did stick his camera out the window and video it.

I opened the door and stomped my foot on the ground and at that it crawled off into the grass, taking its time. I did not challenge it.

If I can get a copy of the video I will post it on the internet. It was quite amazing.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Not a Levergun .. but I did find a Python

Post by J Miller »

Large snakes fascinate me. I won't challenge them either, but I love to watch them go about their business.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

but I love to watch them go about their business.

but I love to watch them go about their business, from 15 meters or farther away.

There. Fixed it for you.

(grin)
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Jim, you have some potentially very unfriendly critters in your new neck of the woods. Glad your friend didn't meet up with this chap in the dark!
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

i'll stay in the boat and tell you about insurance, while my
partner jim wrestles the giant anaconda. :wink:

[ smart man , that marlin perkins. ]
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
eric65
Levergunner 2.0

Post by eric65 »

pokey wrote:i'll stay in the boat and tell you about insurance, while my
partner jim wrestles the giant anaconda. :wink:

[ smart man , that marlin perkins. ]
I had forgotten about that guy, I wonder if Jim ever caught on? :lol:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Saw some huge ones in Panama......Once, stumbling back from the NCO Club at closing, cut across the parade field and tripped over something, and it moved off....The jungle always had to be cut back from the edge of the Grounds, and it was not unusual to see big snakes, sloth, hear panther, bunch of monkeys. Every thing down there either bit, stung, or was poisonous. The ants scared the pee out of me.
http://www.sasionline.org/antsfiles/pag ... etbio.html
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
1894c

Post by 1894c »

never want to get near the business end of anything that has the name of PYTHON attached to it...just saying...much blessings JimT ... :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Jim you are nicer to snakes than my sweet 5' foot Mother, who recently blasted two rattlers, both just shy of four feet, with a bolt action .410. Her place in W. Texas is really snakey, and She don't tolerate em in the yard. One of these was in her garden and tried to hide in a rosemary bush. Mom waited by that bush for 25 minutes for the snake to come out. Five feet tall and almost 70 years old, she has probably greased more snakes than all of us put together!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I do not like snakes, but if they are out in the wild and going about their business without bothering me, I do not bother them. If they are poisonous and close enough to bite, all bets are off.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
dogngun
Levergunner 1.0

Post by dogngun »

A snake that big, at least you can get out of its way...those rattlers and moccasins just give me the willies...

Challenge him? To do WHAT?!

:shock:

Added; My sister in law spent several years in Zimbabwe, she speaks one of those "click" languages. She had a long worm curled up living under her skin at one time, one of the little items one picks up in those places...I prefer to stay home in my old age, thanks.

mark
The GOP/teabag party - Anti American AND stupid.