YOU WANT TO SEE SOME LEVER ACTION SHOOTING

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

YOU WANT TO SEE SOME LEVER ACTION SHOOTING

Post by RIHMFIRE »

IF YOU WANT TO SEE SOME FAST SHOOTING
WITH LEVERACTION, SHOTGUN AND SIX GUN
CHECK THIS OUT
http://www.myoutdoortv.com/new/cowboy-a ... ter-3.html
AND GO TO THE TOP GUN SHOOT OUT...RACE GUNNER IS PRETTY
DARN FAST. HE'S 16....AND IN SOME OF THE OTHER EPISODES
THERE'S A GUY CALLED LEAD DISPENSER WHO'S EVEN FASTER.
Grizzly Adams
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Grizzly Adams »

Here is a link to clips of current record holders for all CAS arms. check out the record for 10 shots with a lever action.:wink:

http://www.spencerhoglund.com/worldrecords.html

Kids, don't try this at home! :lol:
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Vet!
COMNAVFORV, Vietnam 68-70
NRA Life, SASS Life, Banjo picking done cheap!

Quyana cekneq, Neva
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Post by deerwhacker444 »

Why not just work the action back and forth with dummy rounds?

I agree with everyones right to burn powder and send lead flying, but some of that is just plain silly!
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
Grizzly Adams
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Grizzly Adams »

deerwhacker444 wrote:Why not just work the action back and forth with dummy rounds?
Well, I guess if you have to ask, there's no point in explaining it. :?
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Vet!
COMNAVFORV, Vietnam 68-70
NRA Life, SASS Life, Banjo picking done cheap!

Quyana cekneq, Neva
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

deerwhacker444 wrote:...but some of that is just plain silly!
'Splain please. I wonder why you feel that way. For if men compete, there will always be those that say "I'm fastern' you are". This provides a impartial methodology to separate fact from fiction.

The targets are close up, and generously sized; but... as one SASS World Champion has said, "there are no targets too large as CAN'T be missed!" Or stated conversely, "if you're not missing... you ain't shootin' FAST enough!"

My only complaint is that the "shotgun need not be aimed." I feel it takes some of the accomplishment out if you ain't hittin' yer targets. I prefer knockdown types. But... then again, I ain't in that league of shooter, so I have no fear of my name appearing on the honor roll.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Post by deerwhacker444 »

Griff,..Not trying to start anything, just some of that strikes me as a little Silly.

For instance:

http://www.jspublications.net/records/BudRifle238.wmv

I mean if they want to be cowboys, lets use some Manly loads. Those firearms weren't originally loaded with something that puny were they?

It's like going to the MLB Allstar game and instead of a Home Run contest, they have a Bunt contest to see who can bunt the least distance.

I don't want anyone to stop doing it and I don't have any problems with anyone playing cowboy, but some of it strikes me as funny.

BTW, I used to play Mountainman.

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
2row
Levergunner 1.0

Post by 2row »

DW 444 that is the most Buitful Rifle But it's a left handed one :lol:
Lobo
Member Emeritus

Post by Lobo »

Hey Guys,

I spent an hour watching the End of Trail....cool stuff!! Theres a SASS outfit about an hour from where I live. Might have to wander that way this summer.
Lobo in West Virginia
Old List Veteran..Five Years..Five Hundred Posts
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

deerwhacker444 wrote:Griff,..Not trying to start anything, just some of that strikes me as a little Silly. ...I mean if they want to be cowboys, lets use some Manly loads. Those firearms weren't originally loaded with something that puny were they?
Shhh.... don't tell anyone, but I chuckle about their intensity also. Or, is that lack thereof?! And laughed out loud when I used to go to Plate matches and beat some of them boys with my Colt SAA.

In actuality, you almost HAVE to use light loads to be competitive at the level those guys are competing at. Most folks I know, use approximately .38 Spec loads, sometimes a little less. Myself, I shoot a .45Colt 1873 Uberti Sporting Rifle using 225gr boolits @ approx 850fps; for handguns, either my .36 Navy Colts or Colt SAAs in .45Colt using a 185gr boolit @ ~850fps; and for shotgun a 12 ga. twice-by with 1oz shot loaded for ~1185fps; all the above are loaded like described, whether in smokeless or BP. Not exactly barn burners, but... I've spend far too many unproductive hours rewelding steel targets from the "he-men" out to prove they can handle heavy recoiling loads. Unfortunately, some of these types also find the "pfft-tink" guys silly. But, could care less about the damage they do to the steel the club (in my case, ME) bought and tries to maintain to some semblence of safety.

Not exactly rocket science, but... there's the basic reasonings.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
BHB
Levergunner

Post by BHB »

Cowboy Shooting F-U-N !!!

My wife and I have been competing in it for over 6 years.......it's a BLAST!!