OT Me and Gunbroker

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

OT Me and Gunbroker

Post by MikeS. »

I really hate GB, they are costing me a small fortune. Just in brass and bullets alone. Not even thinking about the Marlin camp 45 I want to buy.

I averaged $8 per hundred on .45acp, .357 and .44 magnum. $4 per hundred for .38 special and 9mm brass. I bought about 1,500 each of .357 and .45 ~1k of 9mm and ~600 of .38spec. In the .357 I bought mostly nickel cases.

Have ya'all seen the recent increase in scrap brass? 2.65 a lb around here. Cases are gonna get real expensive soon I'm betting.

Bullets, I bought 1k of .357 hard cast for 6 a hundred with shipping. I bought a mess of .357 jsp and jhp for ~ 8 a hundred, mostly Speer brand. And a mess of .44 jsp and jhp for ~9 a hundred Again mostly Speer. I'm not even sure how many total I bought of these but several hundred of each.

Can you tell I'm getting ready to reload? That and I want a stash for any hard times that might come our way.

Now back to GB, got to see what I can find in the way of primers :D

Although I'm not sure buying used primers is the best way to go. What do ya'all think?
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

If you want used primers I can make you such a deal.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

No thanks Rusty :D

I guess I should have worded that better.

I'm not sure about buying previously owned unused primers. Better?
MikeS.

Master Mason
Jefferson county, WV.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

yeah, I have a few boxes of used 209 primers I'll let go reeeeaal cheap. 8)

I try to stay away from GB, but, I fail miserabley every day. :D
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

You rebox your used primers? What ever for??? :)
MikeS.

Master Mason
Jefferson county, WV.
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

If you go over to castboolits.gunloads.com, and scroll down to "swapping and selling" a guy--mike in CO--has 45acp brass at $40/1000 or $53/1400. You might see what else he has. He ships it in flat rate USPS boxes. Might save you some $$. Check out Midsouth for primers, or possibly Grafs.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

MikeS. wrote:You rebox your used primers? What ever for??? :)
I guess that is misleading, they're still in shells. :lol:
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
blueroan
Levergunner 1.0

COMPONENTS

Post by blueroan »

You'd have to get "A DEAL" on primers because of the HAZMAT fees; ditto the powder. My wife drives past GRAFS in Mexico MO when she visits her sister...she usually has a list! I'm getting low on TITEGROUP and GOEX CARTRIDGE both! (GRAFS and MIDWAYUSA were short on primers recently; the local shop's price was $26 a thousand for small and large pistol in Winchester brand.)

I've been buying 357 and 44 brass at prices I liked. You never know what it brings on auctions. Some good signs on a seller are PAYPAL, flat rate shipping box and LOTS OF POSITIVE FEEDBACK if you don't know them previously.
When they said SHARPS, I always thought BIG 50!
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I don't mind buying "leftover" primers from guys who have stopped reloading. I buy them often at local gun shows, and so far they've all been perfect. If the price is right I'll buy all I can get. Most the time I find them from private parties at around half price.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

the local shop's price was $26 a thousand for small and large pistol in Winchester brand.)

The same price locally.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Jefferson county, WV.
afish4570
Levergunner 2.0

Brass, ammo, lead etc...

Post by afish4570 »

Logged onto Lyman site last nite and was amazed alot of the molds have disappeared off the production list.....Does that tell you something??? I do have several Lee 6 cav. and singles but thought I'd get another 311 or 314 lyman. Brass is off the charts and the cost of ammo is becoming like buying designer jeans years ago. Costly and more costly. Glad I bought extra stuff before I retired.afish4570
afish4570
JP_TX
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JP_TX »

Mike,
That kinda thinkin is gettin more and more common. I just bought another 200 once fired 444 brass and 700 280 rem too, I'm in the market for 300 pieces of 35 Whelen when I can get it for less than $45@100. "Just in case".

The funny part is the Camp 45 on GB. I have been watchin that site like it was christmas hopin that I might could find one for less than 450. Can you believe what they are sellin for?

:shock:

JP
JP_TX
444 Marlin
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

That Marlin camp 45 went for 690. WOW.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Jefferson county, WV.