I joined

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.

NRA MEMBESHIP

Poll ended at Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:37 pm

yes
80%
no
20%

Total votes: 70
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

I joined

Post by Hillbilly »

the NRA today. I know it's a day late and a dollar short.

I know they are politcos... maybe if we complain enough the NRA will lobby for our rights consistently?

If nothing else "American Rifleman" for $25 a year is worth it
~Jeff
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

I've been a member for many a year. Hopefully, real soon I'll be a life member.
Old Law Dawg
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Re: I joined

Post by Old Ironsights »

Hillbilly wrote:...I know they are politcos... maybe if we complain enough the NRA will lobby for our rights consistently?...
Ask Neil Knox... :roll:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

I am a member, I do not like everything they do, but I will continue to support them.

I have friends that are occasional shooters who did not belong, I gave them memberships for gifts.
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Welcome aboard, better late than never! :)
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
tabingcolt
Levergunner

Post by tabingcolt »

Have been for decades, but not anymore. I'll put my money with GOA and JPFO. No compromises.

Maybe if the NRA gets back on track and not cozying up to Charlie Schumer and Ted Kennedy, paying themselves fat salaries, working in luxurious offices, and using phony scare tactics to get money from us, I'll join again.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Welcome. I have been a life member since 71. :wink:
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Welcome, a Life Member since... sometime in the seventies. But, while they ain't perfect, they are the largest and most oft villified as the culprit. I joined as I wanted to compete and have my scores recognized. Then as I learned more I felt they were at least trying to keep my rights intact.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

motives

Post by Hillbilly »

I know the NRA has dropped the ball in this latest era of their leadership.

I hope they get that stuff in a row.

I really want a couple of instructors cards... I'd like to teach CCW classes or something before they take all our guns away.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Good for you. We need all the help we can get. I've been an annual member for many years. I need to go ahead and pony up for a life membership.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Finally, after 35+ years as an annual member I became a life member this year.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
El Mac
Levergunner 2.0

Post by El Mac »

Lifer since the early Klinton years. Annual long before that.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

[I have been a life member since 71.]

Me too, after first a few annual membership years & then a fiver.
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Fightin' words....

Post by LeverBob »

Well Done Pard...I've been a life member sice Jan. 1970. Currently a patron member...soon to be benefactor.

Whiners...either get in the fight or button it up. Outsiders best leave us alone. The members will pull another Cincinatti reform just like we did in 77'. You cannot do a darn thing about the NRA's problems unless you're a member. You can't influence anyone in the organization unless you're willing to put up the fight instead of sitting on your azz whining & complaining. Big Babies :evil:

"Because it is soooo baaaad, I might as well sit out the election too"! "My vote doesn't count." The HELL it doesn't. It won't count, because they didn't take the time to vote & make a difference. They didn't get involved in the primaries, they didn't seek to change a corrupt primary system. Laziness has produced the current mob of candidates-do you like them? I don't!!! :x

The so-called lesser of two evils is actually the greater good. I'll stay positive & keep my hope & faith up. And, I will continue to work as hard as I can to effect the changes I deem necessary for liberty, freedom & the American way.

"Oh, my vote doesn't count in the NRA either" :cry: Oh, I can't be a member of the NRA because (name your poison)...they don't do what I think they should. Never realizing that the issues maybe far more complicated than their peabrains can conceive.

It takes men & woman with grit & sand to be NRA members. Long termers, whether annual or life. I'm proud of them, they are my kind of people.

If this gets me banned, then so-be-it. I'll still be in good company: NRA, GOA, RKBA, 2ND AMENDMENT FOUNDATION, JPFO, CRPA.

So, complainers...stick it in your ear!

Rob Pearson aka "LeverBob"
Lifer & proud of it.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Our family has a couple 'lifers' but we keep a couple purposely on the yearly plan so we HAVE to send money regularly. That reminds us to donate to the ILA, GOA, or SAF, also. My rule for years has been for every dollar I spend on a gun (I don't count ammo or scopes anymore), I must match that to one of the lobbying organizations. So, if I want a $350 gun, I have to save up $700 first, then cut both checks.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

Doc...that is fantastic...I am inspired to do the same. Thanks for the tip, I'll start right now.

Lifers do continue to donate, at least I do.

LeverBob
Best to you & yours! :wink:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I upped my membership level a couple weeks ago. Waiting for the official paperwork, and then will change my sign-off info below! :D

Thanks for joining!!!
tabingcolt
Levergunner

Post by tabingcolt »

OK, OK,

I seem to be in the minority here, and yes I'll sign up again this year, if only to get the magazine, (which they should make with bigger print, and not having the print over a picture background, since old geezers like me have trouble reading it without a Schmidt and Bender magnifying glass, I'm serious about this).

I vote, and being stationed here in the "muddle east", I'm very aware of freedom and bill of rights issues. Here, for sure, only bad guys have guns.

But aren't you unhappy about how the NRA supported the "Veteran Disarmament Act" pushed by Schumer and Kennedy.
When I get out of here, I may have some post trauma issues, and if I seek some counciling, I stand a chance to lose my guns.

When it was passed, in the dead of night on Christmas Eve, when most of congress was home, Nancy Pelosi and the witch from Long island, NY called it 'the best Christmas present ever" .

How do you feel about the NRAs stand on that issue?
Ram Hammer
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ram Hammer »

I've been a member since I was in my early teens (30 + years ago). My grandmother saw my interest in guns and signed me up. At the time she lived in a not good section of LA. I guess she wanted to see my interest go in a positive direction.
No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself

There's no trick to being a humorist when you have the whole government working for you.
Will Rogers
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Been a member since late '72. I contribute extra on a regular basis. I really bust down HEAVY on anyone who is a gun owner and does not belong.

Sure, Wayne LaPierre and the rest of his boys are living high in nice offices and drive nice cars. So?????? Common sense here guys. Those boys are doing the work and political manuvering that no one here on this board or anywhere else can do and they deserve it. As long as we are paying the heads of the NRA nice salaries and comfy comforts, there is no need to them to take bribes and such from Chucky, Diane, or Billary.

While the GOA and other groups are doing a super job, I put all of my eggs in one basket with the NRA-------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

AndyM
Levergunner 3.0

Post by AndyM »

I have been an annual memeber for about 15 years - while I do not think they are 100% correct in their views all the time - I support the casue 100%
mac45
Levergunner 1.0

Post by mac45 »

Been a life member since '92 or so.
No, they ain't perfect. Some days not even close.
They're still the 800 lb gorilla that no one in Washington can ignore.
If you don't like some of the things they do, join and work for change from within.
DennisB
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DennisB »

I've been a life member for many years. About a month ago I bought my 17 year old nephew a life membership. Gota look to the future..... :!:

Dennis.
PaulB
Levergunner 3.0

Post by PaulB »

Have been for decades, but not anymore. I'll put my money with GOA and JPFO. No compromises.
Same here. I see no need to encourage their traitorous actions with my membership, so I have taken my business elsewhere, to GOA and JFPO. While telling them loudly why I left (not that they care).
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

PaulB wrote:
Same here. I see no need to encourage their traitorous actions with my membership, so I have taken my business elsewhere, to GOA and JFPO. While telling them loudly why I left (not that they care).
I am and have been a Lifer for a good long while.

I paid my dues, but they ain't getting another nickle from me - not until the Vichy and his pet PR firm are gone.

When I have RKBA cash it goes to GOA/JPFO.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

LIFE MEMBERSHIP JOINED IN 91
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

As much as I despise their recent actions I realize I can't fix it if I can't vote. That means being a member.

And then paying attention when Hobie sends out the ballot and asks for comments.

I wish I had a prayer for the Republican Party to be accessible like that.
Blackhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Blackhawk »

I voted no to the NRA. Shall not infringe means just that.

I vote yes to GOA. I am a member.

Johnny

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin