9422 Magnum

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

9422 Magnum

Post by gamekeeper »

I have just done a deal on a Winchester 9422M, early 70s model with a cracked stock $196. I ordered a replacement stock from Numrich @ $14.95 it's a budget stock, comes complete with dings, dents and chips! :? When I get enough money I hope to get a custom stock from info@classicgunstocks.com

All I have to do now is apply to the police ( :x ) to have it put on my Firearm Certificate and sell my nearly new CZ .22 Hornet :cry: . If the police get a move on I should have it by April! :wink:
Last edited by gamekeeper on Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

early 70s model with a cracked stock $196

That's disgusting !!!!

Not the stock, the price-tag.

As long as it functioned properly and there were no defects in the bore, I wouldn't care of both stocks were trashed and the blueing was all gone.

That's a darn good price.

I just gave $450 for mine, same vintage. I should have it in this weekend.
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

GK;
Congrats on a good deal on a good rifle. :D
Boo on the nanny state for over regulating your firearms ownership! :evil:
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Wow, I only paid $156.35 NIB for my LR version. But that was way back in December of 1977.
Glad I'm not looking for one now.

On the other hand a 22 mag version would be fun and useful. Oh dear.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

Great little rifle!
"That'll Be The Day"
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Good for you GK, Nice to hear the leveritis is festering in you well :lol:
Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

I have a 9422 (XTR?) fancy version long barrel fancy stock etc. Love it. Friend of mine wanted my BPS 12 ga that I didn't use anymore. Igave up duck hunting when steel shot came in. I didn't feel like setting up to reload sorta lost interest. Anyway even trade. I think I got the better trade. Just like new no marks etc. I put a Williams peep and a Marbles sourdough on it and it shoots great. Everybody is happy, but sorta feel I took advantage of him.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

GK -

Congrats on the new gun, but I am truly sorry every time I read a post from you and Nath and others where your gun rights are so restricted. I just can't imagine having to sell a gun to own another because some pencil-headed nitwit has determined that citizens should only own a limited number - or none at all. :(
Paul105
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Paul105 »

I think you are going to like that rifle. Years ago I had one, it was a great shooter. Unfortunately it was stolen (1977) , along with an orig S&W M19, a Ruger SBH, Win 101 20ga, nicest Browning .22 Rifle semi auto, Browning .22 Challenger, a couple of Ruger M77s, Marlin 1895 45-70, Win Model 8? 35WSL, and some other stuff.

Paul
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Paul105 wrote:I think you are going to like that rifle. Years ago I had one, it was a great shooter. Unfortunately it was stolen (1977) , along with an orig S&W M19, a Ruger SBH, Win 101 20ga, nicest Browning .22 Rifle semi auto, Browning .22 Challenger, a couple of Ruger M77s, Marlin 1895 45-70, Win Model 8? 35WSL, and some other stuff.

Paul
Boy that's tough! :evil: Over here, depending on the circumstances, we can lose our gun license if we have just one gun stolen! :twisted:
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

YK,
It would be possible for me to keep the CZ Hornet but difficult to explain to the police why I NEED two fox calibre rifles. I only got permission from the police for two .22LR rifles with a bit of trouble! Just too much in the way of hoops to jump through. Mind you if I ever find a 32-20 I can afford then it will be hoop jumping time again! :evil:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

game keeper wrote:YK,
It would be possible for me to keep the CZ Hornet but difficult to explain to the police why I NEED two fox calibre rifles. I only got permission from the police for two .22LR rifles with a bit of trouble! Just too much in the way of hoops to jump through. Mind you if I ever find a 32-20 I can afford then it will be hoop jumping time again! :evil:
John, when someone else gets to define your NEEDS for you, one is no longer truly free. :(

When people ask me how many guns I have, my standard response is one of two answers:

(1) "No of your G-D darn business" (for anyone I don't know well), or
(2) "More than I need, but not as many as I want".

Then I go on to explain I am the sole arbiter of the definitions of "need" and "want" in my life!

You need to move over here! :D
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

meanc wrote:
early 70s model with a cracked stock $196

That's disgusting !!!!

Not the stock, the price-tag.

As long as it functioned properly and there were no defects in the bore, I wouldn't care of both stocks were trashed and the blueing was all gone.

That's a darn good price.

I just gave $450 for mine, same vintage. I should have it in this weekend.
I imagine that's in Pounds, so about $400 USD
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Tycer,
No Sir, Thats $196 US I have to pay £100. UK 8) :wink:
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

YK,
I agree with you and I know I'm only as FREE as the UK government wants me to be. I unfortunately live in a land populated by sheeple who have given not only our freedom away but have given away power to the rest of Europe. I have to dance to the tune the French, German, Italian, Spanish and just about every body else decides to play. My own Government is corrupt and not interested in personal freedom (that's far to dangerous) I Hold both firearms & shotgun certificates and made sure my son does too! It would be a lot easier for me to give up shooting and take up golf (spit) but I still cling to the hope that one day the world may wake up and folks will be treated like free people. Until then I play by the rules laid down by my government, I don't like it and on my own I can't do much about it! But at least I ain't lying down and giving up. :wink:

I know some of you guys are worried about what you may have coming, in the way of gun laws, I just hope and pray that the NRA and others do a better job of looking after your interests, than our so called gun lobby did for us!

I sometimes feel us hunters and shooters are looked on as Dinosaurs by the "modern" soft in the head brigade who only care about having the latest TV or designer clothes and buy all their meat wrapped in plastic!
Unfortunately they are the growing force and can and do out vote us! :cry:

But on a happier note, we sure out gun em!! :wink:
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Man oh man Game Keeper. I was thinking the same thing Tycer wrote that it WAS in pounds. You REALLY got a good, no make that GREAT deal.

Don't let these guys fool you too much about our freedoms. We're still only as free as our gov't wants us to be as well.

No silencers. No short barreled rifles or shotguns. No machine guns. Some states restrict the kind of bullets we can use. Others restrict how many rounds a magazine can hold. Still others won't allow semiautomatics for hunting. Even we aren't as free as some would like to believe.

Try passing some of these gun laws in the Kyber pass.

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

game keeper wrote:Tycer,
HOW, SIR, DO YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT? :wink:
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Tycer wrote:
HOW, SIR, DO YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT? :wink:
Tycer, I usually lose a lot of cash on my deals so I feel good about this one. plus I just bought a 16GA Hammergun for about $177 US or £89 UK :wink: :lol:
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

Now remember, he has to replace the stock. That's a good price, but I wouldn't lose sleep over taking advantage or anything.

Don't worry GK, chances are in your lifetime you'll see our 'rights' reach your current condition.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Idahoser wrote: Don't worry GK, chances are in your lifetime you'll see our 'rights' reach your current condition.
I sure hope you are wrong on that one. If America falls as low as us there wont be anywhere worth living!
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

Where's the barf smiley when you need it. :(
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog