OT- Any one use Wild Blue satillite ISP?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

OT- Any one use Wild Blue satillite ISP?

Post by BenT »

I was just wondering how consistant they are for internet speed. Thanks
dkmlever
Levergunner 3.0

Post by dkmlever »

I use wild blue and have been much happier that the old dial up that I had before. I have lost connection on one or two times due to snow on the dish, mine happens to be easy to get to so a quick swipe fixes that issue. I do have the higest speed they offer (of the three packages). I now can actually get a video attachement and watch it or go to youtube and watch something without interuption and buffering.
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

My sister in law uses it and we've taken the laptop there on several occasions. The speed seems fine to me. Check the contract though. one time there were three laptops going at once and he was having a tizzy fit claiming if we used too much bandwidth this month, they reduced it the next month.

Seems like either a stupid contract or a lying brother in law to me. But not having a contract to look at we couldn't argue the point.
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

We had it for awhile. The up-link was pretty quick BUT the down-link was slower than my dial-up. Had something to do with "bandwidth" and number of computers on the tie in. The service (response time) was poor. Ditched it and am now back to dial-up full time. I get either 44 Kbps or 45.2 Kbps with the dial-up which is pretty good.
ED
Yer never too old
Jeff Pitts
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Jeff Pitts »

I have it and compared with dial-up it is fantastic. I don't know too much about how it works, but it was supposed to be 9 times faster and I believe it. Other than snow, we've had no problems.

Jeff
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I have a friend who has it. There are limits as to how much you can download. There are limits on that. He has been close to having service shut down for going over his limit a few times but he has two grandkids in the house that seem to want to keep putting stuff on their Ipods all the time.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 3855 »

It is a huge improvement over dialup. Others who say they did not improve much must have dialup that was way better than I was able to get. Uploads and downloads speeds are many times faster. I would not consider going back to my phone line. Another bonus is not having your main or second phone line tied up all the time.

A Winchester Collector
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Thanks Gentleman , I'll probably try it . Just need to check out a few more things. I also don't read anything on there packages about limited amout of downloaded data.