Any NRA recruiters here?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Triggernosis
Levergunner 2.0

Any NRA recruiters here?

Post by Triggernosis »

If so, I've got a question for you.
Tom
Eastern N.C.

NRA Rifle Instructor
4-H Rifle Instructor
HP Service Rifle competitor
Hobie

Re: Any NRA recruiters here?

Post by Hobie »

Just ask, or PM if you feel the need.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Hobie,

I have a question for you. Year before last I got my wife a membership. When the renewal notices came last July somehow they got burried in a ton of other junk. We forgot they had come so she didn't get her membership renewed.
If we sent the renewal notice in late, do you think they'd accept it as a renewal, or start an new membership? I really doubt they'd send the cheque back.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

J Miller wrote:Hobie,

I have a question for you. Year before last I got my wife a membership. When the renewal notices came last July somehow they got burried in a ton of other junk. We forgot they had come so she didn't get her membership renewed.
If we sent the renewal notice in late, do you think they'd accept it as a renewal, or start an new membership? I really doubt they'd send the cheque back.

Joe
That's a good question. I don't know how their program to handle memberships is set up. If it was to go back under the old membership number I would think that they would handle it as a renewal IF the software permitted input in that way. Otherwise they'd have to handle it as a new membership. You can call and I would think they would help resolve the problem rather quickly.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Hobie, thanks. I probably could renew mine now too instead of waiting till January.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

Get it renewed now and stay ahead Joe. While yur cutting checks ya might want to check your ISRA membership to. Most people don't realize it but we have a very strong organization in the State of Illinois. This state is run by Chicago but if it wasn't for the ISRA we'd be a lot worse off than we are.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I became a Lifer over 30 years ago, so I wouldn't even have to think about renewals.

Instead, I'm inundated with dozens of solicitations of one kind or another (politics, insurance, medical coverage - you name it) from the NRA, each year.

earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Pete44ru wrote:I became a Lifer over 30 years ago, so I wouldn't even have to think about renewals.

Instead, I'm inundated with dozens of solicitations of one kind or another (politics, insurance, medical coverage - you name it) from the NRA, each year..
+1 Pete. Year before last I tried saving all these for the year. Accumulated 61, and I might have missed a few. So NRA has a funding "emergency" slightly more often than once every 6 days.

I'm sure they'd garner a much better net if they had one, or at most two, solicitations per year. But that would take a lot of the profit away from the outfit that does their mailings. I'm assuming Wayne LaPierre has a piece of this solicitation/mailings outfit?
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Triggernosis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Triggernosis »

Hobie, my question is this:
As a certified Rifle Instructor I can also become a recruiter just by sending in the paperwork. As a recruiter, you can renew people's annual membership for $25, but, can a recruiter renew his OWN membership for $25?

And, can you, Hobie, renew mine for me without me being present? (i.e. mail you a check or provide you with a CC#)
Tom
Eastern N.C.

NRA Rifle Instructor
4-H Rifle Instructor
HP Service Rifle competitor
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Triggernosis wrote:Hobie, my question is this:
As a certified Rifle Instructor I can also become a recruiter just by sending in the paperwork. As a recruiter, you can renew people's annual membership for $25, but, can a recruiter renew his OWN membership for $25?

And, can you, Hobie, renew mine for me without me being present? (i.e. mail you a check or provide you with a CC#)
Umm, I don't know but I'm sure we can find out! They have a special web site... http://www.nrahq.org/recruiters/

I've been recruiting for a while without the NRA support of forms, etc. so I'm signing up. Thanks for the heads up/motivation. Current members can renew through the recruiter...
What if my customers are already members?
There are a few things to keep in mind here. NRA sometimes sends
prospective mailings that include temporary membership cards.
While no payment has been made, the recipient may think that he is a
member when he receives this temporary card. Moreover, a person’s
membership may be expired but they don’t realize it. A good way to
find out if he is currently a member is to check his membership card
or ask if he currently receives one of the NRA Official magazines.
Additionally, unless they are life members, existing members will need
to renew their membership. Instead of renewing through the mail at
full price they can renew with you and receive the discounted pricing.
If they renew their membership early it won’t overlap what they
currently have, it will simply add a year of membership to how many
months or years they have left on their current membership.
I don't see anything exempting the recruiter from doing so for himself.

About the mailings, the official answer:
Why does NRA send so much mail?
While NRA sends a good amount of mail, it’s important to realize that
these mailings accomplish several things. Some of the mailings raise
needed monies for NRA, often vital to the success of training, safety,
and educational programs, as well as important legislative programs
and initiatives. They also serve as a primary vehicle to disseminate
current information and important legislative issues. And finally, some
mailings come from our affiliated business partners, who dedicate a
portion of the proceeds and profits to NRA when their services are
utilized.
Sincerely,

Hobie

madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Way I do it is every year on (Jan 1) I cut the check, drop it in the mail box.
This way I know when it runs out.
I send em $35 now I could send $25 to renew (that's when the $25 rejoin letter comes :lol: ) but this is one time I choose to pay more and let the extra $10 go their way.In my mind since I get the American Rifleman Mag I feel this tiny extra bit might offset that cost so they actually get a full $25

One thing I do have to do is (when they start calling my home every day 4 months before it runs out)after about 4 days thinking they might stop,is finally pick up now ticked off and tell them one more call about this topic this year and I am done with them, at least that is what I threaten to do :wink: -----The calls stop.

All in all(they protect us from having our guns taken)so anyone that I can persuade to join I will.
From what I hear (at least from my friends that won't join)they have a hangup on the Org's top guys going on all the Big safari's.
They think I guess that's all they do :?: :roll:
Well all we can do is try and tell them differently!
Actually,I was told (from a member of the gun club which I belong to, who is a recruiter)says he gets his membership for free! (and with all the work they do---that's cool)
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Had to join while I was in the Navy so I could compete... then shortly after I got out, they had the "Life membership on a payment plan"... best $300 debt I paid off, even if it was hard doin' so on the GI Bill and goin' to college! Signed my wife & son up as life members in the early '80s, and never regretted it. Get a mailing about this or that every once in awhile, but not often enough to raise my blood pressure. Every so often, I even contribute a little something extra... just so's they don't forget about me!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!