My Loading Bench

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

My Loading Bench

Post by Swampman »

Here's my set-up. most of this stuff was free. It may not seem like much but it works fine and takes up little space.

"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Re: My Loading Bench

Post by FWiedner »

Very practical.

I like it.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Your set-up looks like mine except yours is a lot neater, i used to have a big bench set-up but have narrowed most my shooting down to three cal. 45-70 being loaded the most. Set up two of these little tables that i can move around easy to different locations.

Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

The .45-70 and straight walled pistol cartridges are my favorites to load.
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

you caught my attention with the word" free". Most of house furnishing and my tools have been free. Sometimes, it works out just fine. Good setup you have there.
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Had a similar set up in a house when I only had a closet for reloading. Smart thinking!
Triggernosis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Triggernosis »

So, do you use those ear muffs when you're tumbling brass or what? :lol:
Tom
Eastern N.C.

NRA Rifle Instructor
4-H Rifle Instructor
HP Service Rifle competitor
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

I usually set the tumbler in the garage or back porch.

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Nice and neat Swampman :D I bet most of the younguns here would not notice that early 70's Lyman manual. That book looks new!----------------Sixgun

Pitchy--where did you get that Thumblers Tumbler? I've had one since the early seventies and she still runs great!
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Sixgun wrote:Nice and neat Swampman :D I bet most of the younguns here would not notice that early 70's Lyman manual. That book looks new!----------------Sixgun

Pitchy--where did you get that Thumblers Tumbler? I've had one since the early seventies and she still runs great!
A old feller that has long passed gave it to me when he bought one of the new fangled Lyman vibrating kind.
He was one of those guys that forgot more about guns and reloading than most of us know, kinda like Earl. :wink:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.