FA Marlin 1893 38-55

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Buffboy
Levergunner 3.0

FA Marlin 1893 38-55

Post by Buffboy »

http://www.forthehunt.com/auction/ViewI ... m=81080605

Not mine, but if I had any cash I'd be in the chase(and you can please believe you wouldn't see a heads up until after the auction, see, I know you guys pretty well :wink: ) A refinish that's not way over priced. A pretty good refinish at that, not Turnbull quality, but still pretty nice. The wood looks sanded but not too bad. I'd ask for the better (lighter, why have dark pictures when you want to show color case) pictures, but still has potential to be a sweet shooter.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Wow that looks nice!!! :D
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Not bad, but he won't accept a CA C&R. What is up with that? :?
cowboykell
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cowboykell »

A carbine with a "For Black Powder " barrel should have a blued receiver.
Buffboy
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Buffboy »

cowboykell wrote:A carbine with a "For Black Powder " barrel should have a blued receiver.
True enough, I guess I didn't notice the "For Black Powder Only" barrel in the description or he changed it after I posted the link, (still has no bids, you can change it if there aren't any on ebay, I don't know about GB). The description doesn't look the same as before, hmm, dunno. The receiver is pretty late for that, isn't it? Still, it should make a good cast bullet shooter at that price.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I would be interested only in a gun with a "Special Smokeless Steel" barrel.