Xmas 2011 Wish List

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Xmas 2011 Wish List

Post by 6pt-sika »

Well other then the peace on earth, plenty feast and no famen type stuff . Great health for the family etc etc etc . What is anyone wanting ?

I am thinking,

Ruger #1V 6.5 Creedmoor

http://ruger.com/products/no1Varminter/models.html

or better yet a roundtrip ticket on Korea Air to Cagayan de Oro Philippines to see my fiancee and family .
Last edited by 6pt-sika on Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Xmas 2011 Wish List

Post by JReed »

Same wish I have every year. I wish Santa would drop a Shiloh Sharps Quigley rifle under the tree. :D
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Deleted
Last edited by COSteve on Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I really don't know WHAT I want...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Many things far above the 'levergun' or even 'gun' stuff, like getting the leaky roof fixed, or figuring out how to deal with Medicare, but staying pertinent to this forum...
  • It would be really cool to get an 1886 8) (maybe one of the new repros in .444 Marlin... :shock: )

But I don't really need one, so better yet - but still in the realm of firearms:
    • Time to catch up on reloading, and
      Time at the range, 'getting to know' the and appreciate guns I do have, and
      Finding someone to re-line Grandpa's .32-20 so it can go afield once more.
(...of course, I'd "settle" for a big turnaround of our nation towards what it once was, and could still be... :| )
Last edited by AJMD429 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

I'm with Jeremy....a Shiloh Sharps in heavy barrel format, maybe a Gemmer type with a wiping rod like Ed Sheiffelin's of Tombstone fame. ANY Shiloh with a beefy barrel in 44-77 and above would do. Or one of the new Mini-14's.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

A new furnace...

:lol:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Dear Santa, how about 4 dillon powder measures for my new to me 550......didn't think so. How bout 3, I'm just askin? Tom
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

My son's Afghanistan deployment will be over in early December. Having the young Staff Sergeant home with his family safe and sound is number one my list.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

Post by rodeo kid »

I sure would take a Springfield M1A.
Member : NRA
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

TRUISM: if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. So, my advice is: Buy more guns!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I can't really say what I want for 2011 cos it might knock this thread over to the polytickle section.

So in lieu of that, I WANT THE HELL OUT OF ILLINOIS!!!!!!!

Then we can talk about peace on earth and good will to men and all that stuff.

But I wouldn't turn down a new lever gun in a caliber I never had before.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

The Shiloh Quigley rifle JReed mentioned has also been on my list for a few years

An Armalite AR50 (a Barrett M82 would be nice , but i want to stay within the realm of the somewhat possible) 00 plus all the new Dillon swag i need to load for it

Something that is somewhat attainable and might happen----- as long as Mossberg has worked out the kinks of its lever, i want the new brushed nickel/laminate stock trapper configuration rifle with a sensible little optic
--- i'd also like to finish the little short barrel Remington 700 i mentioned in the "Truck Gun" thread a few days ago --- it only needs a quality set of back up iron sights and a more compact optic and sling and it is done

Alas - i am building a house right now and dollar bills disappear much faster than they accumulated -- so even the 4 and 500 projects i mentioned may have to wait a bit
----- Doug
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

1851 colt converted to 38 special. A 92 rossi 16" barrel .357 to go along with it. A henry .22 lever. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Ray Newman wrote:My son's Afghanistan deployment will be over in early December. Having the young Staff Sergeant home with his family safe and sound is number one my list.
That is the wish of every member of this board, Ray, I can assure you of that. Not only your son, but all of his comrades as well.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Family being Healthy and Happy----Top of List.

In the gun Dept. guess its just to get motivated to jump through the hoops to get my NYS pistol CCW permit so I can get all my handguns back.(and, I really miss my green little Kel-Tec P32 the most(kinda feel naked without it)
Also, I want a lot of reloading components.

Besides most our Christmas money was spent already buying a brand new car for Daughter at College.(pray she is safe in it) :wink:
Oh,and whats left for Christmas------------Daughters College itself! :lol:

But when I do get that CCW-----------Santa can bring me a Glock 22 in 40S&W anytime of the year.
rbertalotto
Senior Levergunner

Post by rbertalotto »

Uberti Schofield in 45LC and an Uberti 1866 Yellow Boy in 45LC....................
Roy B
Dartmouth, MA
www.rvbprecision.com
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I've had a good year already. Excellent and blessed, even. I'm good. I do wish for everyone to have health and happiness, though.... :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Steady work....
Fast and Furious impeachment....
a 1876 or 1886....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I'm happy as things are, but.........maybe an 1866 or Henry to match the 1873 I just got----(yea I know, ain't gonna happen :cry: )

Nothin'--really---I always hope for our young boys in the sandbox and the rock world to be safe. Maybe a bright shining light to bring wisdom and smarts to the millions of disillusioned liberals and to enable them to think for themselves.-----------Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by new pig hunter »

I'm thinking to keep it simple:
--- more .375 Winchester ammo
--- more .444 Marlin ammo

Cheers,

Carl
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

merwin and hulbert repro ( if they ever reallymake them) with cylinder n barrel sets in 44 special n 44/40
cable
Paul Jenkins
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Paul Jenkins »

COSteve wrote:I'm torn between a Uberti Special Sport rifle.

And a Springfield M1A.

Steve,
You missed a ringer in the M1A Michigan hunter had for sale here 2 months ago. $1600, and it shoots every bit as good as he claimed. Practically all my 100 yd groups are sub MOA & it functions flawlessly.Image.Image
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Out of all the things I'd really like to have for Christmas I think the one I'd like most is to send one of my Colt SAA's to Jim Alaimo at Nutmeg Sports and have him engrave it and fit one piece ivories. I'd really like to have a nice BBQ gun. :mrgreen:

Drool rag alert. If you've never looked here before, get your rag out before you do. www.nutmegsports.com
Old Law Dawg
375hh1973
Levergunner 1.0

Post by 375hh1973 »

I will keep it gun related for the sake of the post!

I need another rifle like I need a hole in the head but if Santa Claus dropped off a Winchester M70 extreme weather stainless/synthetic fluted barrel chambered in 7mm wsm with a nice Leupold VX3 4.5-14x40 down the chimney I promise that I will take very good care of it. I wouldn't even put up a fuss if it was a .325 wsm either. Just to be a good sport that is...
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

375hh1973 wrote: I wouldn't even put up a fuss if it was a .325 wsm either. Just to be a good sport that is...
I had one of the Winchester Model 70 Black Shadows when they first brought the 325 WSM out and I liked it quite a bit and it shot nicely as well !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by new pig hunter »

6pt,

Christmas 2011 in October just happened : I just took delivery of a Winchester Model 70 Black Shadow in .30-06. Will be taking it to the range next week for scope sight-in.

Cheers,

Carl
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

I am thankful that I landed a good steady job this year. I wish to get caught back up on my bills and get my savings back in order.

Gun related, as long as we're wishing, I'd love a Ruger SR1911 under the tree! Or I would gladly take a new levergun like a stainless Rossi '92 in .45 Colt. I'm not really picky.

It's been a tough year on a lot of people, and I think so many get caught up in the gifts and stuff around Christmas. I proposed the idea, and my family agreed, that we aren't going to do gifts this year and just focus on what Christmas is supposed to be about. I was thinking, and the only gifts I can really even remember are a few guns that my dad has given me over the years. Most other stuff is long gone and forgotten.

It sure is fun to talk about good presents though!!
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams