2 gun shows in central Fla.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

2 gun shows in central Fla.

Post by Rusty »

If you want to go this weekend Lakeland has one put on by the Lakeland Gun club.

Tampa has one put on by Suncoast gunshows.

Name yer poison.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 2 gun shows in central Fla.

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

I'm going to try for Lakeland on Sunday. My in-laws are in town so I'll have some push back from the wife. We'll see.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

I'm for Tampa. Never been to it before.

Cat
RichBMW
Levergunner

Post by RichBMW »

Lakeland has free parking. I think the Tampa show charges $5 to park. :?
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Last time I went to a show at Lakeland they charged for parking but it was a Suncoast show. It could be the Lakeland pistol and rifle club has a special deal with the dolks at The Lakeland Center.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

I've been to Lakeland about three of the last four of their shows, allways free parking. Nice show.

Cat
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

This is the twice a year Rod and Gun Club show though ... the big one. The last time I went to that one you had to pay parking. Great show though. I'm about to head there now ... probably be there about 1pm.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Well, Catshooter was right, parking was free this time. There was a tour bus fire out on I-4 that caused me about an hour's delay in getting there. Still, it was a decent show. Maybe a little less exciting than years past. For comparison purposes, at the Orlando show I will usually see about 2 Winchester 1873's. At the Lakeland show there were about 15 Winchester 1873's today. I know, you guys up in Pennsylvania probably haven't ever been to a gun show with less than 100 Winchester 1873's lying about. Such is our lot down here ... wading through Garands, AK's, and AR's just to occasionally glimpse the good stuff.

One of the exhibitors there today had quite a large collection of Colt Lightning revolvers. I also saw a Marlin 1892 in 32 that was reasonably priced. I only had an hour to walk it by the time I got there so I couldn't linger too long in any one place.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Rimfire McNutjob wrote:Well, Catshooter was right, parking was free this time. There was a tour bus fire out on I-4 that caused me about an hour's delay in getting there. Still, it was a decent show. Maybe a little less exciting than years past. For comparison purposes, at the Orlando show I will usually see about 2 Winchester 1873's. At the Lakeland show there were about 15 Winchester 1873's today. I know, you guys up in Pennsylvania probably haven't ever been to a gun show with less than 100 Winchester 1873's lying about. Such is our lot down here ... wading through Garands, AK's, and AR's just to occasionally glimpse the good stuff.

One of the exhibitors there today had quite a large collection of Colt Lightning revolvers. I also saw a Marlin 1892 in 32 that was reasonably priced. I only had an hour to walk it by the time I got there so I couldn't linger too long in any one place.
do you happen to know when the next Rod and Gun Club show will be?
I did not have any cash to throw around.....so there was no point
in driving all that way.....maybe next time!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

Went to Lakeland on Sunday seeing if I could sell one of my Ruger Blackhawk convertible 45s and to find a Beretta 92 at a decent price.

Everyone wanted new prices for their used Berettas and I heard several offers of $300-375 for my Blackhawk or as trade value.

Walked out with a couple of 50cal ammo cans, a pair of 1911 grips, and some Federal 00 Buck w/ the flight control wad.
...and I don't think he even knows it...Walks around with a half-assed grin...If he feels fear, he don't show it. Just rides into hell and back again.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

RIHMFIRE wrote:do you happen to know when the next Rod and Gun Club show will be?
I did not have any cash to throw around.....so there was no point
in driving all that way.....maybe next time!
September 17th and 18th according to their website.

You didn't miss much ... except for the shotgun guy that was there with a bunch of modern over & unders and side by sides. Pretty nice stuff. I also saw a few damascus barreled Parker's that were very nice.

There was also a Winchester 42 on one of the larger sellers' trade in rack. He had it labeled at $1495. I don't follow 42's so I don't know if that was a decent deal or not but I was surprised at how nice the condition was in for it's age.