OT flyer oriented

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

OT flyer oriented

Post by Grizz »

My dad soloed a Curtis Jenny and logged over 24000 hours aloft. This was one of his comments:
Ode-s.jpg
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT flyer oriented

Post by awp101 »

:lol:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
txpete
Departed Friend

Post by txpete »

ImageImage
DAV life member.
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

8) 8)
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Not so many flyers here'bouts I guess. Dad wrote another one called "My Props Are Out of Sync" because the F-27 gave him vicious migrains. But I don't know where that one is.

Thanks for looking.

Grizz
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

My grandson we raised is ready for his test, he has soloed and got his hours just needs time to test. He is in A&P school now about half way through. The only FAA certified school around this part of Arkansas.I'll have him read it.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
samb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by samb »

Your Dad nailed it Grizz, nothing like reading the musings of someone who was there.
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

A reason for some of my cold sweats, I sent a copy to my Dad who has a 3 digit license number on his III.
Thanks I liked it.
It is not the critic who counts
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Good stuff Grizz and thanks for sharing. A Jenny! :shock: :mrgreen: I'll pass this along to my Dad. Just called him and he has just landed in Alamogordo, NM, flying a Beech Baron for the US Forest Service fire folks. He will be 77 this year and still going strong....been in aviation for almost 60 years now and very proud of him.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Thanks guys. Ask your Dads if they remember the Bonanza Captain who blew a train whistle at 'em on unicom when they passed in the middle of the night.

He used to get requests for that from crews that rotated into the western region...

One of his favorite old time tricks was the water faucet with a suction cup. He'd hide it somewhere in the cockpit and make a note in the log that "the faucet drips".

One of your Dads might know mine. Here's how amazing it can be...

I was eating with a friend at Bremerton airport when a Douglas A-26 landed and taxiied to the line. Naturally we were on the ramp in a heartbeat. Most guys were fixated on the nose art which, let me be clear about this, was not permissable in Paco's house.

Now I was excited because my Dad was a test pilot for Douglas aircraft flying A-20s off the assembly line. One of the other gawkers related as how his Dad was a test pilot flying the Consolidated PBY. We exchanged more pleasantries until he got to the point of sharing that his Dad was Chief Pilot of Pacific Northern Airlines in Anchorage.

I just about fell down right there because my Dad flew for PNA and I lived in Anchorage when I was a toddler and still have memories of it. It turns out that his Dad hired my Dad. We both lived in Anchorage at the same time. But wait, there's more.

I have Dad's logs showing him flying co-pilot with Bob Morris on the intro trips, and signing off Dad's instrument ticket for the airline. But wait, there's more.

I have Dad's logs from his test pilot days too. And I have his trip signing off McCracken as an A-20 driver during the war. And then, and then George McCracken flying co-pilot with Dad outa Anchorage for PNA.

I hope you guys with HIGH-TIME Dads will circulate these stories. Just because you never know who you know, or might know, or should know.

By the way, my Dad was SO INCENSED that the company assigned a number to him in the accounting department that he changed his phone number to it, and signed the log with it until threatened with the wrath of the suits, and he signed his 6 month check poem with it. Even though he was the Phoenix Chief Pilot for about 20 years...... it ain't like it used to be.

God Bless the pilots who live a little closer than the earthbound

Grizz

well, they don't really, but it sounds sentimental enough in this setting.