OT- Snowstorm blues....sizing brass

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

OT- Snowstorm blues....sizing brass

Post by firefuzz »

As most of you know Okla, as well as about half the county, just got zapped with a major winter storm. Now 12" of the white stuff may not seem like much to some of you, in Okla it'a a major event. So I decided to catch up on my loading duties while I'm cooped up.

During the storm yesterday I sized about 2,000 rounds of .223 brass that's be put back for a bad times situation for about 15 years. Primer pockets and trimming are next. Still have about 2,000 rounds to go but I'm tired of looking at .223 anything. Working on my .45-70 and limited supply of .45-60 today then will move on to a couple of ammo cans of .30-06.

What are the rest of you doing while the weather holds us captive?

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: OT- Snowstorm blues....sizing brass

Post by J Miller »

Wife and I ran some errands cos her place of work is closed. 18" to 24" of snow (drifts) didn't even slow my Pathfinder down. Had a fun morning. Now after a nice lunch of breakfast burritos we're gonna curl up and watch some movies.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

The Sun is shining here. Not cooped up but haven't gotten dressed yet. I have a Schrade LB 7 that has been in the Leather case for about 30 + years. I have had it out a couple times to discover that it was turning Green. So it caught My Eye this morning. That is what I have been doing this morning. Also discovered that the blade wasn't locking back like it should. Found out that U don't use these as a hammer. The lock had been peened a little and wasn't going all the way home. So a little filing and some 0000 steel wool it is shined up and working Proper. Also a little Old West snake and it looks reasonably New except for the hammer marks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I haven't been doing anything but running a shovel all day. This is too much like work! Looks like we ended up with about 20".
NRA Life Member
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Perry,

I got one of them Schrade LB 7s too. Had it for a couple years. Great knife but I can't sharpen it to save my life. Gotta have my friend do it for me.

Shovel ...... ewwww yuck, not me. I left my wife do that. :twisted:

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Working and then going home and finishing the "clearing" then I am in the midst of 600 rounds 30-30 empties( the thought is I will never have to do 30-30s again.....EVER!Tom
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

We have sunshine and 60°. Snow from last week is melting, ground saturated. However, when we did have bad weather I started loading my .223 brass with my 64 gr. Winchester SP load. I process the brass in batches of 100-200 cases so I don't go ape crazy. I don't have the tolerance for repetition I once had. Need to load about 500 rounds of .30-06 after that, then some .45 Colt, .44 Special, .45 Auto Rim, .45 ACP, .32 WCF, ...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I'm about done with my snow removal. After I get rested up a bit I'm going to process a new bag of Winchester 308 brass. Size, trim, debur flasholes, ect. If I get that done I'll start loading them with Varget and Nosler Match bullets.
NRA Life Member
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Been shoveling all day just finished up about 30min ago. Now its time for a nap.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

All plowed out except the back porch, it is under an 8' drift. The dogs are going to have to really raise their legs to clear the bank :lol: :lol: :lol: . Looking over at my loading bench...hmm, a bunch(maybe fifty) of .444 cases, about 25 .375's, and about a hundred 8 X 56R's. Debating on 240 JSP's with 47 grains of H4198 on the .444's...or maybe load'n some 270 cast RD with gas checks in front of about 38-40 grains of the H4198...never tried that before. Half the 8 X 56R's are getting Lee Cast for .338 squeezed down to .331 with gas checks in front of 23 grains of 2400, the other half got an experimental mould for 8mm, drops a hard cast around 240 grains with the gas check it almost has a flat nose like a .30-30...wierd look'n thing. Try'n that one with 16 grains of Unique. The .375's are just going to get my standard 36.3 grains of AA 1680 behind a 220 HDY JSP.
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

All plowed out except the back porch, it is under an 8' drift. The dogs are going to have to really raise their legs to clear the bank :lol: :lol: :lol: . Looking over at my loading bench...hmm, a bunch(maybe fifty) of .444 cases, about 25 .375's, and about a hundred 8 X 56R's. Debating on 240 JSP's with 47 grains of H4198 on the .444's...or maybe load'n some 270 cast RD with gas checks in front of about 38-40 grains of the H4198...never tried that before. Half the 8 X 56R's are getting Lee Cast for .338 squeezed down to .331 with gas checks in front of 23 grains of 2400, the other half got an experimental mould for 8mm, drops a hard cast around 240 grains and sized at .332 with the gas check, it almost has a flat nose like a .30-30...wierd look'n thing. Try'n that one with 16 grains of Unique. The .375's are just going to get my standard 36.3 grains of AA 1680 behind a 220 HDY JSP.
Scharms
Levergunner

Post by Scharms »

I was out shoveling for a couple hours just so I could get the Kubota out. After 5 hours on the tractor I'm half done with the driveway... Had to stop, the wind chill got to me... We got 16" last night, we had a grader come through to open up the road, he was going through drifts that were 6-8' tall. A friend of mine sent me a picture of his front door, he had to tunnel his way out! Man, I'm ready for spring!
"I prefer the company of peasants because they have not been educated sufficiently to reason incorrectly" -Michel de Montaigne