Blade Front Sight ???

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
44/40
Levergunner 2.0

Blade Front Sight ???

Post by 44/40 »

I seem to do much better work with a six o'clock hold using a square topped blade front with a tang or receiver aperture rear sight. I usually end up filing the bead front to try to square it up.
Does anyone have a source for a "proper" blade that would look correct in the dovetail on my octagon barreled cowboys and also ones for the dovetailed ramp on my other leverguns ? Thanks for any help.
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

On my Marlin Cowboy, I've got a front sight blade that came off a Winchester 94 Trapper as well as a Win 94 rear sight assembly.

They both look really good on the Cowboy. (at least I think so)

I'm just so use to them, and never really liked the Marlin's flip up rear sight or a front bead sight anyway.

There are a few sizes you can order directly from Browning.

This is the one I ordered, it's the .472"

As far as the ramped fronts go, I put scopes on those.

old goat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by old goat »

...Why not use the Marbles Sourdough from Brownells?

...old goat
k8bor
Levergunner 2.0

Post by k8bor »

Or, order one from Tim Skinner custom made out of steel or brass. Any size blade, any width, and any height. Very very reasonable prices too, I may add.
de k8bor

Dave
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

Look up the Allan Foundry front blade at Brownell's. You have to file it to the final contour you want.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Here's the link to the Allen Foundry sight:
http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ ... RONT+SIGHT

Looks interesting. And it's fairly cheep. You could get several and it wouldn't hurt the pocket too much.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

Thanks Joe; I should have done that for him.

I'll be moving to Peoria this summer. In what county are you?
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

KWK,

Moving to Peoria huh, well I'm about 60 or 70 miles due south in Springfield.
That's in Sangamon County.
We'll be neighbors, YAYYYYY
Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

I'm returning there. Any particularly good gun shows down that way? Peoria's are pretty so-so, at least they had been when we moved away 4 years ago.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

The only gun shows in this area is the one in New Berlin, that ones OK for a small town gun show. And at one of the big hotels in Spfld. But the last time I was at that one they had no powder, no primers, no guns to speak of. Just a lot of miscellaneous "stuff".

I'm going to hit the one in New Berlin weekend of the 16th and 17th. Try to pick up some primers and stuff.

Joe