Tightening a wobbly Marble's peep sight ?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
CaptainFinn
Levergunner 2.0

Tightening a wobbly Marble's peep sight ?

Post by CaptainFinn »

I remember seeing a topic on this a year or so ago...I have a Rossi 92 in .45 Colt, and have had a Marble's peep sight on it for five or six years now. Took it out to prepare for deer season and there is a little bit of for-and-aft play on the tang post...like the detent on the bottom of the sight had too much play. I remember reading a post about taking apart the sight to snug up the spring to eliminate the wobble.

Anyone ever done this or have some tips or suggestions ?
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Re: Tightening a wobbly Marble's peep sight ?

Post by Shasta »

This is a common problem that is fairly easy to remedy. Click on this link and follow the instructions for the first four pictures:

http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... f=1&t=4102

You can tweak the spring by pinching it carefully in a vice, or by tapping it with a small hammer to increase the height of the peak. An even easier fix is to place a thin shim (brass, plastic, etc.) underneath the spring. Just be sure the shim is made of a waterproof/oilproof material and bridges both legs of the spring. Don't use too thick a shim material as the spring legs must remain in the base pocket for the spring to stay in place.

SHASTA
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

One of mine is quite wobbly but it works just fine. I guess it wouldn't if I touched it but it's exact when it's not being touched, so I haven't bothered with it.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
CaptainFinn
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CaptainFinn »

Thanks, Shasta...gonna give it a try. Got a new batch of 300-gr LFNGC's loaded up that I am dying to get sighted in.