OT - Rangers vs Rays

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

OT - Rangers vs Rays

Post by awp101 »

Gooooooooooo Rangers! :mrgreen:

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - Rangers vs Rays

Post by Rusty »

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

awp101 wrote:Gooooooooooo Rangers! :mrgreen:

+1

(boooooooo Rusty :D Why ya hatin'?)
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

GO RED SOX!!! :o

In 2011 :D

Yes...OK, OK...I'd like to see the Rangers in the World Series, too!
Cimarron
Levergunner 2.0
Location: North of the Cimarron River in Indian Territory (Oklahoma)

Post by Cimarron »

Somebody has to beat the Yankees!!! :lol:
HOLY BLACK? YOU MUST MEAN PENNSYLVANIA ANTHRACITE!

"Get your guns boys! They are robbing the bank!" J.S.Allen, Sept. 7, 1876
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Rusty wrote::evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Eh, cut me some slack. This is only their third or fourth trip to the post season in 40 years. With today's win they've doubled their post season win total. To two.

I will agree the ump blew the call on Pena in the first inning though...
-Mark Twain

Jones for that
Just ain't where it's at
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Cimarron wrote:Somebody has to beat the Yankees!!! :lol:
Can I get an Amen? :lol:

Most of the guys I work with are baseball geeks. With the blessings of The Big Boss, The Middle Boss set us up a little cookout and the warehouse guys brought out a big screen (headed back to one of our stores after being serviced) so we could watch the game during and after lunch. Not much work was done between 1230 and 1600 CST... :lol:
-Mark Twain

Jones for that
Just ain't where it's at
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Andy I'm just messin with ya bud. To tell you the truth I could care less. I'd rather watch paint dry that watch a baseball game.

Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

I do not watch a single regular season game, but there is just something about the Hunting season, and Baseball playoffs! I love it. I do not have a favorite team, but Love watching the games!
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Rusty wrote:Andy I'm just messin with ya bud. To tell you the truth I could care less. I'd rather watch paint dry that watch a baseball game.
Oh, I know. Just funnin here too. :lol:

Hockey and football ('Merican football thank you very much) are my thing when it comes to non-motorsport sports but I do follow my local teams. More often than not, I don't turn a Rangers game on until my wife goes to bed and then it's just something in the background. One of the few exceptions was when the Rangers shelled the Orioles for 30 (yes 30) a few years ago. That wasn't a game, it was batting practice in prime time... :lol:

On a side note, I'm mad as an old wet hen with Dish Network and Fox right now. They can't come to terms money-wise so I can't get Fox Sports Southwest for the Stars or Mavs now and on 01NOV they may pull the local Fox affiliate which means no Sunday football on Fox either. :evil:
-Mark Twain

Jones for that
Just ain't where it's at
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

awp101,
I was once a Rangers fan, watching them on TV and taking the kids to the games.
Then they went on strike! I have not attended or watched a professional baseball game since. I do not wish them ill, but just do not want to support a bunch of spoiled jocks playing games. I do still have my game program from Kenny Rogers perfect game though.

Good news is that it has given me much more time for hunting and shooting sports.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
redlevel42
Levergunner 2.0

Post by redlevel42 »

Long time Braves fan here. I don't see how anyone can beat the Hateful Phillies. I would love to see my Bravos and Texas in the WS. I am afraid it's going to be my two least favorite teams, though; the dern Yankees and the Hateful Phillies. Almost as bad as the Mets in the WS.
Georgia On My Mind
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I was born in Baltimore and as a kid we used to get season tickets to the Colts games. To me when Johnny Unitas retired the game ceased to be a game. I never have been much into baseball even though I had a God father that was a pitcher for the Indians at one time.

rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Go O's!!!!!!!!!! oops :oops:
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Go Rangers. . . again. :D

3rd time is a charm. 8)
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

WOOT! WOOT! :mrgreen:
-Mark Twain

Jones for that
Just ain't where it's at
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Does that mean the Rangers finally won?

66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

redlevel42 wrote:Long time Braves fan here. I don't see how anyone can beat the Hateful Phillies. I would love to see my Bravos and Texas in the WS. I am afraid it's going to be my two least favorite teams, though; the dern Yankees and the Hateful Phillies. Almost as bad as the Mets in the WS.
As a Braves fan since they moved to Atlanta in 1966, it was painful to watch them lose all of those one run games to San Francisco (and all of the unearned runs).

I'll be pulling for the Giants now, not only because I hope they beat the hated Phillies, but because I am a Florida State alumnus and baseball season ticket holder for the past 26 years. Buster Posey is one of the three best players I've seen play for FSU in the past 30 years. And besides being a great player, he is a good Christian kid.

This was not one of the better Braves teams, but it was one of the gutsiest. I read today that when the season ended yesterday that they had only two position players in the lineup all year that were projected starters going into spring training (McCann and Heyward). All of the rest have been on the DL for part of the season, sent back to the minors, or have been traded.

I saw TV footage and read reports of Bobby Cox's reaction after the game and it finally hit him that this was his last game. He became emotional in the locker room and at the post game press conference. Sad to see him go. He was a great manager and loved by his players.

And to get back on topic, good luck to the Rangers against the Yankees! (Yes, they beat the Rays tonight)
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Rusty wrote:Does that mean the Rangers finally won?
Yes it does... :lol:

I knew they'd never won a post-season series since coming to Arlington in '72 but I didn't know the losing/no post-season went all the way back to the Senators.
-Mark Twain

Jones for that
Just ain't where it's at
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Congratulations to the Rangers!!