winchester commeritive rifles ????

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

winchester commeritive rifles ????

Post by .45colt »

Hello All, does anyone know of a site that lists the Winnie 94 special commeritive rifles? like the years when made and how many?
One of my co-workers thinks he has a fortune as he has been given several His Dad bought sometime in the '70's. Thanks in advance.Jim.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

This is the most comprehensive list of official Winchester issued Commemoratives.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Thank You Griff. :) . thats just what I was hopeing to find.Jim.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

You're welcome, Sir. Someone else on Leverguns turned me onto that site, so I figured to pass along the favor.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

Wow! Some of those, I had never heard of.

I have a Legendary lawman, unfired and I guess I have the box, I bought it off of a friend and he couldn't find the box, but now says he has it for me, I guess I need to go get it one of these days.

I also have a Antlered Game, but it's been shot some, so it's a shooter for sure and it has some oil ex.'s initials engraved on the receiver, underneath. I was told it was given to him when he retired. I would probably imagine he has passed on now.

I have been tempted to shoot the Lawman, but so far I have not, since I have plenty of 30/30's.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I have a US BiCentennial, new and unfired. Bought it last year and have so far resisted the need to shoot the "new" gun. But, then I also bought a new, 1972 Model 64A Winchester from another forum member and resisted shooting that for just about a full 24 hours. 24 hours spent cleaning, fondling, and just sitting holding the new toy. Then took it hunting 10 days later and brought home venison.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Ravenman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ravenman »

45 Colt
See www.waffenzimmermann.ch Link Commemoratives there you find the models with pictures.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Thanks Ravenman,thee pictures are neat!!.Jim.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

I have a Legendary Frontiersman and I've got to say it has the slickest action of any out of the box Winchester lever I've ever felt. It's really smooth. It usually takes one quite some time to feel like. And, it's not sloppy or loose and it locks up tight.
Old Law Dawg
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

If you'll compare the price of a Comemorative, to a like-new condition original that some of them are patterned after, you'll find out that they'e relatively inexpensive way to get a new gun of an older, hard-to-find model - with some embellishments, to boot (like upgraded wood, nicer blue/polish, engraving. etc).

I bought a Model 94 Canadian Pacific Railway Commemorative - because I wanted a 24" barreled .32 Special - and it was about half the cost of a 24" barreled .32 Special Model 64.