Need help with 1895 scope mount screws- finding them

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
a1bigtuna
Levergunner

Need help with 1895 scope mount screws- finding them

Post by a1bigtuna »

I am completely new to this forum, just found it, seems a great source of info. I have a new Marlin 1895CB 45-70 and bought (on the web) a weaver mount with screws for a scope. The issue is the screws don't seem to fit and I do not want to force them and have a larger problem on my hands. I have looked around and can only find screws to fill the holes in the receiver, but not the kind of screws that will hold the mount in place. Have been to hardware stores and they only have 4mm screws which are not right, and do not hat the top cap to hold anything down, they are just set screws. Does anyone out there know a source of these? Thanks.
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Re: Need help with 1895 scope mount screws- finding them

Post by bsaride »

My first thought would be to contact Marlin.

Second thought would be Numrich Arms.
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

a1bigtuna,

Welcome to the forum.

I would call Weaver. After all they made the mount, they should have the proper screws for a Marlin.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

The screws should be # 8 X40. Midway USA or Brownells sell them. Look online. :D
bgmkithaca
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bgmkithaca »

A good gun shop will likely have the screws or a gunsmith if you have one in the area. If it comes down to ordering them from midway or brownell's you will find it more cost effective to just buy another base at wally world or some such, a new base will have the screws included.Shipping costs from some places will often eat you up unless you have more to order than 4 screws.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

What bgmkithaca said is true except for Brownells. They will send them by USPS Priority for around $6 and they have no minimum order.
If ya need em "ya need em" !! :lol: :lol: :lol: