POLITICS - Hillary vs McCain

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
SR James
Levergunner

POLITICS - Hillary vs McCain

Post by SR James »

So if it comes down to Hillary vs McCain in the general election, whatcha gonna do? I can't stand Hillary but I don't know if I can vote for McCain, for a whole bunch of reasons...including the bill he introduced a few years ago that would have effectively made gunshows impossible.
Talk about a lesser of two evils kind of choice....
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

sometimes lifes a bit*%
I,m not voting for one!
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott64A »

I'll still vote for Ron Paul.

You CAN write in, you know. It's never this or that.

The belief that "If I vote for someone who doesn't have as good a chance of winning, so it's just throwing away a vote..." is BS!

-BS!

Vote your conscience.
cma g21
Levergunner

Post by cma g21 »

I've given this much thought. IMHO, this country is headed for some very bad times. There are problems that have been building for decades that are coming to a head.

A President in the mold of Ronald Regan might be able to postpone the reckoning for a few years (or more).

Unfortunately, no Regan is running. If the choice is between Hillary/Obama and Rudy/McCain, then I’ll vote for the most conservative third party candidate. Yes, I realize this is essentially a vote for Hillary/Obama, but it may help stop the GOP’s slide to the left. Even if it doesn’t, maybe having the Democrats in charge when the economic bad times will do for them what the Great Depression did for the Republican Party.

In any event I don’t think having either Rudy or McCain in power would be all that much better than Hillary/Obama, and it would allow the Democrats to blame anything bad on the Republicans.

As to the remaining GOP candidates: I don’t really trust Romney or Huckabee, but they would probably be enough better than Hillary/Obama to risk voting for them. As for Paul I consider him a libertarian, not a conservative, and unelectable (popular as he may be on gun boards).
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

The difference between Clinton and McCain is only whether you choose to grovel and say "Yes, Mistress", or whether you choose to shout "Sieg Heil" from behind barbed-wire.

A write-in for Paul would be the only right thing to do.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I'm with cma g21,
We need to send the Republicans a message. We might as well suffer for 4 years so as to let the rest of the country know how dangerous Billary is. As to my own experience and from what I have read about history, the Dems in 1940 were more rightwing than todays Republicans.-------------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

H_Talon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by H_Talon »

I hate to say this but this year will be a vote against not a vote for year ..

and I think the Obomma's and billerys are the one to vote against ...
voting for someone not on the ballet will get them in office faster ..

I just hope the republicans will get a better choice than McCain ...

but what do I know :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Talon
Slick
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Slick »

Scott64A wrote:I'll still vote for Ron Paul.

You CAN write in, you know.
I will be doing the same..
Politicians and diapers both require frequent changing for the EXACT same reason!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

FWiedner wrote:The difference between Clinton and McCain is only whether you choose to grovel and say "Yes, Mistress", or whether you choose to shout "Sieg Heil" from behind barbed-wire.

A write-in for Paul would be the only right thing to do.

:)
Not a correct assertion......
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
FALPhil
Levergunner 1.0

Post by FALPhil »

It won't come down to Hillary vs McCain. McCain cannot sustain much longer. He has even less of a chance as Bob Dole did, for many of the same reasons and some new ones.

The biggest issue that McCain sucks on is immigration. Once his Republican competitors point out that he is basically promoting amnesty and that as soon as it takes effect, over a million (current) illegals are immediately eligible for social security benefits from an already statistically bankrupt system, it is all over but the crying.

But there are other flaws. For instance, he wants to give civil rights to enemy combatants so they can clog up our court systems and use up our tax dollars with public defenders. Another example is that he has drunk the anthropogenic global warming kool-aid. He has come out against the pharma industry in a manner reminiscent of John Edwards' "two Americas", which would lead one to the conclusion that he would not stop socialized medicine. He opposes the Bush tax cuts and will let them expire, which is, in effect, a de facto tax increase (and as shaky as our economy is right now,it would precipitate a disaster).

So, in effect, McCain is a candidate who will put the pro-welfare-state, pro-regulation left in the driver's seat of American politics: the Republicans would be voting for a president who will rule as a Democrat. As dumb as some Republicans can be, I don't think the collective pool of Republican voters are that stupid.

Sorry, I try not to get this political on gun boards.
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

I'll vote for McCain in the end. I'll probably vote for him Tuesday.
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Here are the opinions of two well spoken, very conservative ladies. Both are worth reading to remind us that McCain is a liberal in Republican clothing.

Come on Ann, tell us how you really feel !

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=24635
You too, Michelle, speak up!
http://michellemalkin.com/2008/01/23/jo ... epublican/

Maybe Mitt is the only sane answer if we are to have a hope of defeating Hil or Obie.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

For the life of me I can't remember the name of this congressional watchdog, but they rated McCain's voting record for 23 years as conservative as Thompson's....... :? Someone has to be wrong..... :?
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
bunklocoempire
Senior Levergunner

Post by bunklocoempire »

I'll be voting Ron Paul as well, writing in if I have to, I like the odds! :wink: And I like our Constitution! It truly will be Ron Paul or Bust.

Bunkloco
“We, as a group, now have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance, once you become knowledgeable you have an obligation to do something about it.” Ron Paul
guido4198
Senior Levergunner

This is gonna be a tough one for sure....

Post by guido4198 »

With Fred Thompson out of the race, I'm at a loss as to who I'll be supporting in the upcoming Florida primary. In the general election however...I will evaluate the options, and should Hillary Clinton appear on the Democrat ballot..I'll cast my vote for whatever choice mkes it the LEAST LIKELY she will win. That's NOT a vote against a woman for President...that's not an issue with me AT ALL. I simply cannot allow THAT woman to become President without doing everything I can to try and prevent it. If that pair wins...( yes folks..it's the pair of them...) I want to feel like I did everything realistically possible to prevent it. I'd rather do that, than "send a message" to the Republican party and stay home, or write in someone else. That's just me...
FALPhil
Levergunner 1.0

Post by FALPhil »

BlaineG wrote:For the life of me I can't remember the name of this congressional watchdog, but they rated McCain's voting record for 23 years as conservative as Thompson's....... :? Someone has to be wrong..... :?
I can believe that. Fred wasn't as conservative as I would like. BUT you have to remember that watchdog groups have their own agenda, and they rate legislators based on what matters to them.

Like Ann Coulter says:
John McCain is Bob Dole minus the charm, conservatism and youth. Like McCain, pollsters assured us that Dole was the most "electable" Republican. Unlike McCain, Dole didn't lie all the time while claiming to engage in Straight Talk.
gary rice
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gary rice »

a sinister thought has recently run through my mind. mccain has suddenly come out of no where as his campaign was deemed almost doomed just a month ago, now he is the darling of the gop elite. what if the democrats are funneling money into his campaign knowing he will be easy for obama or clittion to defeat rather than thompson or romney who would pose more of a threat? lets face it, the only way the gop can defeat the left is by running someone who is clearly the opposite of them like a thompson etc. wouldnt surprise me.
g rice
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

The democrats are funneling money into Ron Paul's campaign according to a google search I just ran. That make's perfect sense. But then again so are the Neo-Nazis.
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

Well I just wish Colin Powell would have run. He would would be the choice candidate for a LOT of reasons in my book. The main one being, he's the ONLY one with any brains.

As for the other candidates, HillObama are the same record with different faces. John edwards is an "also ran" McCain is too deep in ted kennedy 's pockets to suit me, ron paul is running around with his head in the clouds or in the sand.

I'm not sure who romney really is and huckabee is strong on faith, but strong on higher taxes and big government too.

I'll most likely write in Colin Powell, running or not. The others are useless.

That said, Not liking Hillary at all, tonight she said she'd get 50Billion$ in funding for alternate energy research money by cutting out tax incentives to oil companies. It almost makes sense, and that's scary!
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

hillary

Post by brucew44guns »

Maybe we worry too much!!! Heard something on the radio today that Hillary is quoted as saying "If Im the next president, big changes are coming---AND, the Federal Govt will become much more involved in the National Economy". (paraphrase). Oh goodie!, think how much that will help us, as we try to recover the loss of many, if not all our guns in the next few years. Im relieved. (puke, gaghh me)
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
FALPhil
Levergunner 1.0

Post by FALPhil »

handirifle wrote:Well I just wish Colin Powell would have run. He would would be the choice candidate for a LOT of reasons in my book. The main one being, he's the ONLY one with any brains.
Hahaha! That's funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll bet you cannot tell me how Powell stands on one single issue of import. If he has brains, you would never know it, because he never says anything of substance or commits to a position.

They are ALL smart people; you don't get to where they are otherwise (OK, Kucinich is the exception). The big trick is (a) understanding how stupid they think you are, and (b) figuring out what motivates them.
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Gun Smith »

The major problem we have in this country is that over the last 70 years there have been so many entitlement programs put in place that only a small part of our taxes are actually under the yearly control of our representatives. So, in reality it doesn't matter much who is elected to any branch of government because they can't make much of a difference. We've got to do something NOW about Social Security, Medicare, the drug plan, and many other entitlement programs. Our elected officials are so worried they won't be reelected that they keep dodging these very serious problems. You do understand that their JOB is running and being reelected. They are stuck with not making any tough changes that that would affect their JOB. If we don't make some big changes very soon we are in danger of bankrupting many of these programs.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I'll pinch my nose and vote for whoever has the best chance of defeating Hillary, even if it is the devil himself!

As much as I like Ron Paul, anyone who ignores the imminent threat of Islamofascism does not warrant my vote, no matter how good he is on everything else. None of our other issues will matter if the crazies re-group and re-arm and get a bomb. Thinking they won't continue their all-out war on American and the rest of the west is simply dillusional. Besides, any write-in candidate, as much as it sends a message, simply helps get Hillary elected. It stinks - it's not fair - but it is how the system works.

Up until last week I thought that if McCain was the GOP nominee, the Dem's would slaughter us. Now I think he probably has the best change of beating her. Why? - because he is not a conservative, and attracts a lot of independents, moderates, and blue-dog Democrats. With Hillary's huge negatives, McCain would steal enough of her votes to win. With his age, we'd probably only have to put up with him for one term.

Now, if it is Hillary versus Huckabee (not likely), we are back to getting creamed. McCain versus Obama also poses a problem, as Obama doesn't have the baggage the queen B does, and will take away many of McCain's natural supporters.

Too early to call on any of this now anyway. Good thing is that after this weekend, at least that ambulance-chasing shyster Edwards should be out of the race!
Last edited by Ysabel Kid on Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

If that's the case I'll just save my gas and stay home.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

"We've got to do something NOW about Social Security, Medicare, the drug plan, and many other entitlement programs."

I'd vote to elimante them so Americans have to get jobs. With less spare time maybe they'd stop whinning.

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Rusty wrote:If that's the case I'll just save my gas and stay home.

Rusty <><
Rusty - as satisfying as that would be - and as much as neither would deserve your vote, staying home will also get Hillary elected. This is why the press loves McCain and Huckabee so much. They know that for the latter many fiscal conservatives will stay home, and for the former many conservatives period will stay home. Just like her worthless husband, she's win without getting a true majority of the popular vote - just the majority of the votes cast for any candidate (especially if a 3rd party actually makes a strong showing). The press wants Hillary in so bad they will do anything to help her... :evil:
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Ysabel Kid wrote:I'll pinch my nose and vote for whoever has the best chance of defeating Hillary, even if it is the devil himself!

As much as I like Ron Paul, anyone who ignores the imminent threat of Islamofascism does not warrant my vote, no matter how good he is on everything else. None of our other issues will matter if the crazies re-group and re-arm and get a bomb. Thinking they won't continue their all-out war on American and the rest of the west is simply dillusional. Besides, any write-in candidate, as much as it sends a message, simply helps get Hillary elected. It stinks - it's not fair - but it is how the system works.

Up until last week I thought that if McCain was the GOP nominee, the Dem's would slaughter us. Now I think he probably has the best change of beating her. Why? - because he is not a conservative, and attracts a lot of independents, moderates, and blue-dog Democrats. With Hillary's huge negatives, McCain would steal enough of her votes to win. With his age, we'd probably only have to put up with him for one term.

Now, if it is Hillary versus Huckabee (not likely), we are back to getting creamed. McCain versus Obama also poses a problem, as Obama doesn't have the baggage the queen B does, and will take away many of McCain's natural supporters.

Too early to call on any of this now anyway. Good thing is that after this weekend, at least that ambulance-chasing shyster Edwards should be out of the race!
+1 About where I'm at too Ysabel, all around.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
SR James
Levergunner

Post by SR James »

McCain is actively opposed to many of the things I deeply believe in. Not only that, its not like he's just a run of the mill senator who passively voted for things I oppose, he INTRODUCED AND WROTE most of those bills, McCain-Feingold being a major one. The list is a long one. Based on this, I don't expect McCain, should he become president, to sit back and do nothing. He WILL hurt conservative causes. Maybe not quite as much as Hillary, but he will hurt us nonetheless.

And I'm sick of spinless Republican RINOs stabbing us in the back. It's probably true that not voting or voting for a write-in will guarantee the Dimocrat gets elected. But the Republicans will never have any incentive to change their ways if we keep meekly accepting whatever spinless, backstabbing, Liberal Lite snake the GOP sticks us with.

I'm ready for a VIABLE third party. Or for Oklahoma and Texas to secede.
Blackhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Blackhawk »

C. Cash wrote:
Ysabel Kid wrote:I'll pinch my nose and vote for whoever has the best chance of defeating Hillary, even if it is the devil himself!

+1 About where I'm at too Ysabel, all around.
Same here.

Swampman,

You have a source for Ron Paul being in league with Neo-Nazi's?

Johnny

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

SR James wrote:McCain is actively opposed to many of the things I deeply believe in. Not only that, its not like he's just a run of the mill senator who passively voted for things I oppose, he INTRODUCED AND WROTE most of those bills, McCain-Feingold being a major one. The list is a long one. Based on this, I don't expect McCain, should he become president, to sit back and do nothing. He WILL hurt conservative causes. Maybe not quite as much as Hillary, but he will hurt us nonetheless.

And I'm sick of spinless Republican RINOs stabbing us in the back. It's probably true that not voting or voting for a write-in will guarantee the Dimocrat gets elected. But the Republicans will never have any incentive to change their ways if we keep meekly accepting whatever spinless, backstabbing, Liberal Lite snake the GOP sticks us with.

I'm ready for a VIABLE third party. Or for Oklahoma and Texas to secede.
SR James,

I am not the most studied man politically(I have a passion for History but politics in general have never held my interest), but let me ask a question nontheless. Tell me, why was McCain-Feingold a bad thing to us Conservatives? It seems it should effect both parties equally in what it did. Was there something attached to it that I'm not seeing other than revamping the campaign finance process for all Parties? Just wondering out loud why this example was so bad. Pardon my ignorance on the matter.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
SR James
Levergunner

Post by SR James »

McCain-Feingold was bad, period, not just to conservatives. It prohibits negative ads that specifically mention a candidate by name, within a certain time period before the election (I believe it is something like 60 days). For example, I contribute money to the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action (ILA). M-F prohibits such groups from running ads mentioning a specific candidate, such as "don't vote for Hillary because she'll take your guns" to use a simple example. In my oppion, that is an infringement on freedom of speech.

M-F also has provisions which financially favor incumbants and has led to the rise of "527" groups who funnel money to candidates in various ways designed to get around the law. For a good summary of the effects of M-F see this website:

http://www.reason.com/news/show/34642.html

I'm no expert on M-F but I do object to the effect it has had in abridging political freedom of speech by setting up the Federal Election Commission as the arbiter of what you can and cannot say; i.e. its just one more federal control of our lives.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Thank you for the clarification SR James. Food for thought and I am going to look a bit deeper at McCain on this and other issues.
donw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by donw »

it's not a very good choice but between the two i'd HAVE to go mccain.

i think he's not as anti-gun as billery.
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

"You have a source for Ron Paul being in league with Neo-Nazi's?"

http://lonestartimes.com/2007/10/25/rpb1/

FALPhil
Levergunner 1.0

Post by FALPhil »

Swampman wrote:"You have a source for Ron Paul being in league with Neo-Nazi's?"

http://lonestartimes.com/2007/10/25/rpb1/
"Being in league" and accepting donations are not the same thing.

Now, let me state, I f*cking hate Stormfront. I think they are a bunch of neanderthal, goose-stepping morons. BUT, I am not going to stand up and say that they have neither the right of free speech, free religion, or free association. The reason that they donated to the Paul campaign is that Paul has said that they have these rights as well, especially the latter, which the federal government has encroached upon mightily in the last 4 decades.

Another issue with Paul is that there was a newsletter published under his name that had some marginally racialist overtones, which Paul said that he didn't know anything about because he was not in the habit of reading the stuff published in his newsletter. I find that a little disingenuous, but I don't see anything unconstitutional in Ron Paul's behavior, while I see a whole lot that is unconstitutional in the other candidates' behaviors. Is one worse than the other?

The Paul campaign has said that they will keep the money.
bunklocoempire
Senior Levergunner

Post by bunklocoempire »

Swampman wrote:
The democrats are funneling money into Ron Paul's campaign according to a google search I just ran. That make's perfect sense. But then again so are the Neo-Nazis.
Uh.... Ron Paul is also receiving money from The US Army, The US Navy and The US Airforce. http://opensecrets.org/pres08/contrib.a ... cycle=2008 Feel free to dig around on that site and see who contributes what to whom.
“We, as a group, now have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance, once you become knowledgeable you have an obligation to do something about it.” Ron Paul
bunklocoempire
Senior Levergunner

Post by bunklocoempire »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
As much as I like Ron Paul, anyone who ignores the imminent threat of Islamofascism does not warrant my vote, no matter how good he is on everything else.
Ignores Islamofascism? http://www.ronpaul2008.com/articles/112 ... -measures/ Please notice the date written, October 15 2001.

Arm Pilots: It is unthinkable to leave pilots defenseless in the cockpit after the events of September 11th.

Immigration Restrictions: Common sense tells us that we should not currently be admitting aliens from nations that sponsor or harbor terrorists.

Better intelligence gathering: Burdensome regulations and bureaucratic turf wars hamper the ability of federal law enforcement personnel to share information about terrorists.

Harsher criminal penalties for terrorists: The federal statute of limitations for terrorist offenses should be eliminated, so that suspects can never breathe easy even 10 or 20 years from now.

Letters of marque and reprisal: This constitutional tool can be used to give President Bush another weapon in the war on terrorism.

End legal preferences for terrorist suspects: Congress should clarify all federal criminal statutes to insure that so-called "extralegal" preferences for criminal terrorist suspects are eliminated.

And now again, January 20, 2008. It has been over 6 years since the atrocities of September 11 were committed and there are still some very basic measures that need to be taken to bring the perpetrators to justice and make America safer.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/articles/901 ... terrorism/

So I don't believe Ron Paul is ignoring Islamofascism. It is a matter of strategy. Spread our forces thin and police the whole world where ever Islamofascits might pop up, or, win some friends by taking out only the terrorists. Not occupying a country which breeds resentment. Not to mention the cost of American soldiers, the real reason I'll keep arguing points for a Constitutional strategy that makes the most sense.

Know the enemy. Lotsa good reading around the rest of the site as well. http://www.history.navy.mil/library/onl ... .htm#intro

Thanks, Bunkloco
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

I THINK I WILL BE VOTING FOR MITT!

Post by horsesoldier03 »

I think Mitt is going to get my vote. I am kind of on the outspoken side, but maybe I can explain this right. If you cast a vote for a canidate that basically has little or no chance to be elected your not throwing your vote away. However, you are taking votes from a good canidate that may not be 100% of what you agree with, but IMO if it prevents someone from taking office that is 80% of what I DONT agree with then I am only hurting myself in the long run.

LIFE IS FULL OF COMPROMISES!!!
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

So you guys are willing to overlook anything, and still support Ron Paul.

bj94
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bj94 »

I'll vote for whoever is running against Hillary Obama, no matter who they are. I can't think of how they could possibly be worse than H O.
FALPhil
Levergunner 1.0

Post by FALPhil »

bj94 wrote:I'll vote for whoever is running against Hillary Obama, no matter who they are. I can't think of how they could possibly be worse than H O.
I imagine that there will 2, maybe even 4 candidates opposing the Democrat nominee on the final ballot in November. You need to think about which one, because yo can't vote for all of the opponents.

This thread has taken an interesting and scenic path. One can see that the consensus is that we are not happy with our choices. I heard a rumor yesterday that after Super Tuesday, a third party may announce a candidate. The ticket may include the former boll-weevil Democrat Sam Nunn. I might find that interesting, but only if Michael Bloomberg is not involved.

SR James makes an excellent point: If the Republicans nominate a RINO and we elect him, we are just reinforcing bad behavior, and we will get more of the same. At that point, one must ask, does it really matter who we vote for? This is consistent with the historical record of cultures and civilizations failing when the people sacrifice principle in favor of pragmatism. With the demographic trend swinging the wrong way in Europe and Canada, and moneyed interests tripping all over themselves to move our economy to China, we cannot afford to sacrifice our principles for a short term "win".
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Scott64A wrote:I'll still vote for Ron Paul.

You CAN write in, you know. It's never this or that.

The belief that "If I vote for someone who doesn't have as good a chance of winning, so it's just throwing away a vote..." is BS!

-BS!

Vote your conscience.
I agree. The only time I've ever felt I "wasted" my vote was when I voted for a "moderate" Republican who turned out to be a socialist. I'll ONLY vote Republican if Huckabee or Paul is the nominee; otherwise I'll either write in Paul or Huckabee, or stay home and save gasoline to avoid wasting my vote. If those weren't somehow viable options, I'd rather vote for a Democrat than an 'almost-as-bad' Republican - because I don't want to 'waste my vote' on the lesser of two evils.

The way I see it, if you vote for 90% Evil because you don't think 10% Evil has a chance of beating 95% Evil, THAT is a wasted vote for two reasons:

1. You still voted for a rather 'evil' candidate.

...and more importantly, if you value your freedom, think of this...

2. Our mostly spineless Republicans would at least throw up some opposition to a Democrat's socialist and statist agenda, because it would be coming from a Democrat. On the other hand, they'd nearly ALL 'go along to get along' when a liberal Republican president had the same agenda, or a 'not quite as bad' agenda.

Thus, voting for a Romney, McCain, or Guliani vs. a Hiliary or Obama might very well result in losing MORE freedom, and losing it FASTER. That is why I think the only way to WASTE a vote would be to vote for those Republicans as the 'lesser of two evils' - you not only sell your soul to Evil and rationalize it as the 'lesser' evil, but you ALSO wind up with less freedom in the end than you would have if the obviously evil, who would at least spark some opposition, had won.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Nate Kiowa Jones
Site Sponsor

Post by Nate Kiowa Jones »

"KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE PRIZE"

Like most of you here, I don't like any of the front runners. But I will do my duty and vote. I won't get mad and not go. I won't vote for someone that can't possibly win as a protest, either. That is exactly what the Clintons are counting on. That’s how Bill won.

If you need a reason to vote for any of the poor choices we will have with the Republicans, and if you believe the 2nd amend. is the foundation for all of our rights like I do then remember this. For the long haul, it doesn’t matter what laws the congress passes or what president signs them in to law, it aint law until the Supreme Court says it is.

Justice John Paul Stevens is 87 years old and Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is 74 years old.

The party that wins the Whitehouse will appoint at least one new Supreme Court Justice and just maybe two. The winning new president will get the credit but make no mistake about it, the party will guide his decision. Do you want Chuck Shumer, Diana Fienstein, Barbara boxer, and the far left loons the supply the money like George Sorros, Alex Baldwin, and Rosie O’Donnell making that decision? Because that is exactly what you will be doing if you don’t vote the republican candidate in.

This is what I plan to do. I will go down there, hold my nose and vote. I’ll then come home, throw up, get drunk, take a shower and go to bed. I just hope I can get all that in the right order.
Steve Young aka Nate Kiowa Jones Sass# 6765

Steve's Guns aka "Rossi 92 Specialists"
205 Antler lane
Lampasas, Texas 76550

http://www.stevesgunz.com

Email; steve@stevesgunz.com

Tel: 512-564-1015

FALPhil
Levergunner 1.0

Post by FALPhil »

Nate Kiowa Jones wrote:"KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE PRIZE"

<snip>

Justice John Paul Stevens is 87 years old and Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is 74 years old.
That's a great strategy, Steve! :roll:

Remember, the Republicans gave us Justice David "Empty" Souter...
ohio hunter
Levergunner 1.0

Post by ohio hunter »

And McLame is going to apoint a conservative judge?
J
You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel.
Nate Kiowa Jones
Site Sponsor

Post by Nate Kiowa Jones »

ohio hunter wrote:And McLame is going to apoint a conservative judge?
J
Mclame will appoint a more conservative judge than the hilderbeast will for sure.
But that's because the party base will see to that. Any appointment will have to have the party support to be confirmed. It will be like a tug-of-war. Each side will try to influence the appointment as much as they can. That's how it works. If the Dems control the legislature and the hilderbeast is pres. who do you think will have the most influence?
Steve Young aka Nate Kiowa Jones Sass# 6765

Steve's Guns aka "Rossi 92 Specialists"
205 Antler lane
Lampasas, Texas 76550

http://www.stevesgunz.com

Email; steve@stevesgunz.com

Tel: 512-564-1015

BAGTIC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by BAGTIC »

handirifle wrote:Well I just wish Colin Powell would have run. He would would be the choice candidate for a LOT of reasons in my book. The main one being, he's the ONLY one with any brains.
Condaleeza Rice, YES!. Powell, NO!

Powell is a weak kneed internationalist in the mould of George Bush, Sr.
BAGTIC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by BAGTIC »

With Thompson out of the race I'll probably go with Huckabee. I think he would be the least anti-2nd Amendment or gun rights.

For those who worry about his spendng make sure you keep fiscal conservatives in the Congress to balance his inclinations. Congress matters more than the President on spending.
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

Swampman wrote:"We've got to do something NOW about Social Security, Medicare, the drug plan, and many other entitlement programs."

I'd vote to elimante them so Americans have to get jobs. With less spare time maybe they'd stop whinning.
& McCains going to do that? :lol:
C'mon, you wont even support RP in the primary & he's the only one that even remotely takes an anti huge Govt stance.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

I think our own "Nate" aka Steve has the most accurate view of the "big picture" here. Personally, I think McCain is the most dangerous of all, as he seems to not care what his party is doing. He's too much of a wild card. Romney will at least tow the party line, as he is a political creature. He also seems to have a good grasp of financial stuff, and history has shown that the most popular presidents have been those in times of financial prosperity (whether they were responsible for it or not). NOT voting only proves your totally apathy, not your disastifaction with the Republican party. A big mistake, as it throws your vote to the opposition party, most likely (this year).

There are still those in the Republican party who will pressure for our gun rights. There are none, or virtually none, in the Democratic party, although I prefer Obama over Clinton any day. To let them take power, with a Democratic congress, will be our undoing.

Feel free to disagree.

-Tutt