Auction finds

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wsmrto
Levergunner

Auction finds

Post by wsmrto »

I just won a Marlin still new and can't find any info on this little carbine with 16 1/2 in barrel. It has the 1894 S with"The Marlin Limited" rollmarked on the barrel. Blue Book says says there were 1500 made in 1996 only and only in 44 Mag, but this is in 45 Colt. I also can't find any information as to it by the SN-030539xx. Any info on the year and possible limited production of this will be appreciated. This will go nice with my 1895 GS in 45/70, when and why did they stop porting the barrels (mine is Ported)?? thanks.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Auction finds

Post by olyinaz »

It's a .45 Colt and it's ported??

Oly
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

I dunno. Sounds like one of those runs made for davidsons or some other distributor. I have heard of a 16" .45 Colt run that was made, I thought 500 of em is all, but not ported. I would hazard to guess the porting is aftermarket?
Certified gun nut
wsmrto
Levergunner

Post by wsmrto »

Actually, I am trying to find info about my new 1894 S in 45 colt with 16 in barrel and the SN all uncatalogued and marked as indicated above. I also am stating that it will go nicely with the 1895 GS 45/70 Guide Gun I also have had since 2000 I got new. Which IS PORTED, and I am curious as to when Marlin stopped porting them. So two rifles two questions. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

A guy at work had one of those "Limited" marked 45 Colt Marlins with a 16" barrel. He asked me to sell it for him and someone on the board bought it. I think someone in TX. It was a nice little gun. I can't remember what it went for. You don't see one often. When we were trying to figure out what to ask for it we could not find a single one on the internet.
wsmrto
Levergunner

Auction finds Marlin ??s

Post by wsmrto »

Maybe some more info on this out there
wsmrto
Levergunner

Auction finds Marlin ??s

Post by wsmrto »

Still hoping for some ideas on what is this 16 inch barrel new "The Marlin Limited" in 45 colt is and when , for what distributor, how many and how much they cost and any collectible value if any. Or what is it worth now in new unfired (except factory test) condition.
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

Here is an article that mentions them about half way down.

http://www.leverguns.com/articles/1894trapper.htm
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Does it have OGCA in the SN? If so it was mad for the Ohio Gun Collectors Assoc.

I had one and foolishly let it go. One of the the most accurate carbines I ever had.

There were several 1894s models. Saw one(only one) in .41 Mag. Didn't know what it was
at the time. Will forever kick myself foe not buying it!!!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
wsmrto
Levergunner

Post by wsmrto »

No pre or suffix just the 3080xxxx sn It is a recent make as it has the cross-bolt safety. sure is a light sweet little thing. I will take it out to range soon as we get a slight cool off. Was 103 today and humid for NM.