OT Hunting Draws?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
brno602
Levergunner 2.0

OT Hunting Draws?

Post by brno602 »

What draws did you all put in for this year?
Elk for me are open Season just need to be 3 or 6 piont depending in the zone,cow Elk are draw and so is Moose (Bull & cow) in most of southern AB I am at level 3 for Moose so should get it or at least wait one more year. I am Sure I will get a mule Deer Draw for buck I am at level 2 for that one did not get it last year so took a WT Buck and a Mule Doe.
I have to be honest Elk Come easy, Moose come hard I find A Big Moose a more Crafty animal than Even Elk they play WT ''Whitetail'' games on me all the time. Just so sneaky for such a big critter and tasty critter too.
So I have put in for Mule Buck and Bull Moose and non trophy Sheep. Yet I buy tags for Everything I can Just in Case lol.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT Hunting Draws?

Post by 86er »

I did not get the following:
Maine Moose Permit - 18 yrs of trying,
CO mule deer for 105 late season - 8 yrs of trying
New Brunswick Mooser Permit - 3 yrs of trying
NM Elk in the county I wanted - 1st year
Texas land public draw hunts I put in for, various
There are a few others still pending.
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

I didnt draw my moose tag and am waiting to see if I draw a cow elk tag I have a bull tag good for most of the state and a buck tag thats good for mulie or wt in most zones. danny
Last edited by BigSky56 on Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I'm going to see what's available both time & money wise once I can apply for Resident Licenses... in September. :roll:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

all mine are pending.....all public land...WMAs
The only reason I applied is because i lost my lease..
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

I put in for a New Mexico Mulie hunt, and I drew out. I didn't get my first choice, but my second isn't too bad. The only bad part is I drew a different week from my dad, and half the reason I'm going out there was to hunt with him.

Joe, just curious, what county did you put for your first choice for the NM elk hunt? Was it unit 34?
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
samb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by samb »

Brno,
I put in for the following;

12 Trophy Antelope
13 Antlered Mule Deer
14 Antlerless Mule Deer
15 Antlered White-Tailed Deer
16 Antlerless White-Tailed Deer
17 Camp Wainwright Deer
18 Antlered Elk
27 Antlerless Moose
29 Non-Trophy Sheep
32 Merriam's Turkey
35 Mountain Goat
37 WMU 444/446 Trophy Sheep
39 Bison
40 WMU 212 Antlerless Elk

Win loose or draw you and I need to grab a cup of joe at Tim Horton's this summer.

Cheers, Sam
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

Put in for multiple species in 9 states, got drawn for Eastern Oregon mule deer. Oregon was the sons idea so he is the one putting the hunt togather. I was REALLY hoping for another deer tag in Montana. My son was also drawn for a mule deer tag in Idaho.

2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

I've never ived or hunted in a state with a lottery system of hunting licenses.

In Alabama and misssissippi, you walk into a sporting goods store lay down your money and walk out with a license entitling you to hunt any game animal in the state, with handgun, long gun, bow or muzzle-loader and to fish all freshwater in the state.

BTW, y'all ought to check out the bag limits for deer in Alabama. Last year in about 2/3 of the state, hunters could take a buck AND a doe each day of the season from November 15 until January 30. The rest of the state could take a buck and a doe each day for periods ranging from 45 days down to 15 days. Even in the areas without the buck and doe limit, one could take a buck each day of the season.

We might not have those towering mountains and hundreds of thousands of acres of wilderness in Alabama, but we sue ans heck got lots of deer.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Wes
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Wes »

Doc, in WY we can buy our deer and elk over the counter (and black bear, small game, etc.). There are limited quota areas for these as well.
You guys can sure shoot a pile of deer down there. Personally I can only eat a deer and an elk in one year with my family of six. There is a lot of meat on an elk though.
Now that the kids are hunting I don't shoot so much as tend horses, tend camp, and pack. I haven't shot a deer in quite a while. Elk still get my heart pumping though and I can't seem to not shoot them when I see one. Maybe I'll get over that some day too.
The only limited quota I put in for this year was antelope. I bought preference points for big horn sheep though. Can't do anything on moose as I drew one a couple years ago. I guess we'll find out on the antelope close to the 1st. It's a 50/50 draw odds area around my ranch. Could have put in for landowner permits which guarantee you two tags but I keep forgetting to get them in early (have to apply during calving and my brain don't work on that little sleep!).
Bruce
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bruce »

RIHMFIRE,

Or any others looking for a lease. The clubs here in north Florida are seeing the effects of the economy and many have not filled up their membership needs. In Lafayette County, I am not aware of any club that does not have openings. We just had to turn back in a portion of the club land that I am a member of, due to not being able to pay for all of it. The only down side around here is the large landowners will not let you camp on the hunt leases, so you have to camp at one of the private pay sites.

As a rule, the deer hunting is fair to good, the hog and turkey hunting is very good to fantastic and nobody really small game hunts anymore so there are plenty of squirrels, quail etc. The average yearly cost runs around $1,000 to about $1,400. If I can help you, let me know.

Bruce
http://www.pumprifle.org/
Bruce Hamlin's Pump Rifle Forum
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Hunting draws ?

I typically use Fruit of the Looms in a boxer-brief or some Under Armour cold gear under-draws if its really cold. Top layer is usually some Carhartts or some old BDU's (but never in brown or gray)
pretty basic draws, 'cept for the Under armor's , but they work well enough to justify the price
----- Doug
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

Already have my non-resident Wyoming General Elk Tag. It's good for a bull, cow or calf just about anywhere in Wyoming except the special draw areas. Can't wait.
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

Streetstar wrote:Hunting draws ?

I typically use Fruit of the Looms in a boxer-brief or some Under Armour cold gear under-draws if its really cold. Top layer is usually some Carhartts or some old BDU's (but never in brown or gray)
pretty basic draws, 'cept for the Under armor's , but they work well enough to justify the price
I resisted the temptation to post in the same vein.

But I'm glad to see that someone didn't resist temptation!! LOL
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Streetstar wrote:Hunting draws ?

So, yer sayin you've never Kilt nuthin while huntin?
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!