HOLY SMOKES, KICKED OFF AGAIN, THIS TIME FOR NOTHING !!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Terry Murbach
Shootist

HOLY SMOKES, KICKED OFF AGAIN, THIS TIME FOR NOTHING !!!

Post by Terry Murbach »

GOT AN EMULE THIS MORNING FROM A PAL IN COLO WHO NOTED THE SAME YAHOO--IOWEGAN [ SAME GUY ]-- AT RUGERFORUM.NET WHO BADMOUTHED TAFFIN BACK WHEN WITH LIES IS AT IT AGAIN. HE FORWARDED ME THE POSTING AND WHEN I CLICKED ON IT I HAD BEEN BANNED FOR BASHING THAT FORUM AGAIN. NOT SO, I HAVE NEVER BEEN BACK TO IT SINCE MY REINSTATEMENT THERE EXCEPT TO SEE IF HE'D APOLOGIZED TO TAFFIN. HE HAD NOT AND I NEVER WENT BACK. NOW I AM OFF AGAIN AND CANNOT ANSWER ANY OF HIS SCURRILOUS BALOGNA. THIS BLOWHARD IS ONE PUNY PUSILANIMOUS PIZZANT AND I WOULD BE MORE THAN PLEASED IF SOME OF YOU FELLOWS WOULD SEE YOUR WAY OVER THERE TO SUPPORT JOHN TAFFIN FROM THIS NINNIE'S LIES. SHUCKS, I CANNOT EVEN SEE WHAT THEY ARE; PHOOOEEY !!! LET ME THANK YOU UP FRONT HERE FOR INDULGING ME IN THIS MATTER.
Last edited by Terry Murbach on Fri May 21, 2010 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Re: HOLY SMOKES, KICKED OFF AGAIN, THIS TIME FOR NOTHING !!!

Post by Mike D. »

Terry, forums that "entertain" such fools and blowhards aren't worth your time. I "skulked" there, and on a few others, a few times but quickly realized that they weren't my "cup-a-tea". Too much whining and backstabbing. :(
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

Mike D. wrote:Terry, forums that "entertain" such fools and blowhards aren't worth your time. I "skulked" there, and on a few others, a few times but quickly realized that they weren't my "cup-a-tea". Too much whining and backstabbing. :(
I AGREE WITH YOU WHOLE HEARTEDLY, MIKE. I NEVER DID GO BACK AFTER THE FIRST BLOWUP EXCEPT TO SEE IF THIS JERK WOULD MANUP AND APOLOGIZE TO TAFFIN AND LINEBAUGH. NOW HE RIPS ON TAFFIN AGAIN BUT IS TOO COWARDLY TO TAKE THE CONSEQUENCES AND KICKS ME OFF TO PLAY CYA FROM THE SOON-TO-ARRIVE-INCOMING.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

I wouldnt waste your energy with any Forum.(if thats how you are treated ) If anyone is spreading lies/slanderous statements about John and his professionalism then John/(Family) should sue the pants off any yahoos(doing it) since those lies affects his buissness and family.

Normally,I am not for suing people but when people are proven to be purposely spreading falsehoods just because they want to trash someone on a public forum to be viewed by anyone and it affects thier bussiness not cool. This might fix it(or at least have them warned by his/families attorney to stop it "or else"

Myself,I have not read the postings so I cannot say what's what,(and its only one mans opinion)
I am just saying that if someone purposely set out to ruin a mans buissness reputation "by falsehoods" I would get it stopped quickly. JMO
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I looked for the topic and can't find it.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

I guess you complained about that site here or at another forum, and one of the participants (or Iowegan himself) is a reader at this site as well - and saw your posting. You know how most of us are subscribed to several sites.

So perhaps that is why you are persona non grata.

I haven't seen any slanderous stuff about Mr. Taffin, nor did I even know about the existence of RugerForum.net. I see that it is a very busy site. It is a shame that their moderator(s) encourages flaming of anybody who has done so much for the industry - whether or not they agree with them. And that speaks to their credibility, as well.

In my 65 years' experience on this orb, those who constantly flame others ALWAYS have considerable flaws in their character and/or work product. I don't put my trust in them nor do I give them any of my attention - unless I have a chance to witness to them.
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

EVERY one of these forums (fora????) are a private party. They can allow you in, even invite you, put ya on a list, engrave it in gold, then decide it's your time to go for any reason or with no reason given. Their participants are the only jury..... If you want a forum that will ALWAYS be yours and can never be host to views you don't like, or lies about those you respect, it's simply a matter of (rimshot please) money. Get ya yer own forum OR failing that, hang with those who are of like mind or at least like temperment.

Meanwhile, complaining here only serves to blow off steam.....
Certified gun nut
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

adirondakjack wrote:EVERY one of these forums (fora????) are a private party. They can allow you in, even invite you, put ya on a list, engrave it in gold, then decide it's your time to go for any reason or with no reason given. Their participants are the only jury..... If you want a forum that will ALWAYS be yours and can never be host to views you don't like, or lies about those you respect, it's simply a matter of (rimshot please) money. Get ya yer own forum OR failing that, hang with those who are of like mind or at least like temperment.

Meanwhile, complaining here only serves to blow off steam.....
YOU ARE T-TOTALLY RIGHT, JACK, BUT IT FELT SO GOOD TO BLOW OFF THAT STEAM !!!
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Blowing off steam is good for the soul :D :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Terry,

i know just how ya feel. There's a coupla folks over at the SASS forum that seem to have made it their life's work to bad-mouth a coupla public personalities EVERY time their name appears there. I had a moderator delete my responding postsuntil I cried foul to the Administrator (a good friend, so obviously very fair-minded) intervened. And then a few others started in on this jasper's unfettered bias before I can get my posts up.

On the other hand, there's a gunscribe who can remain nameless until you specifically ask, whom I hold in the highest disdain imagineable. Mind you, he's very knowledgeable in his subject & is quite the showman in his entertaining, but his character... let's just say if if I were guaranteed a national championship AND a million dollars to team up with him... I'd refuse. I could go on in a similar vein and cite specifics; but then I'd just be ranting. (Fortunatedly I can cite incidents & name witnesses, otherwise it'd just be lies).

I totally understand the desire, nay... almost NEED to defend a friend. But truly, at some point his characterations will be seen thru, and your resonses would be akin to wrestling with a pig. You get dirty and the pig loves the attention! As for a forum administrator that would ban a person BEFORE a comment was made or over a complaint on another site AFTER re-instating you... well, such cowardice could almost be considered amusing... if it weren't so very, very sad.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

Don't think I have ever been on that Ruger forum. Probably never will with what Terry says goes on there. Prefer respectable forums like this one and Castboolits.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

[ HAVE NEVER BEEN BACK TO IT SINCE MY REINSTATEMENT THERE EXCEPT TO SEE IF HE'D APOLOGIZED TO TAFFIN. HE HAD NOT AND I NEVER WENT BACK. NOW I AM OFF AGAIN]

Yeah, Terry - but there's a few things you gotta realize.

1) They're so smart, over there, that they must be mind readers. :o

2) They're smart/mind readers because they must be intellectuals - you know, the types that need an instruction manual to be able to put their shoes on properly. ;) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

There's a certain breed of egoistic little men that cannot stand for any other man to do exceptionally well. Thankfully in the shooting community it is a small group that acts this way. Wisdom is always proved right by her actions, as they say. That dude over on that forum won't last, and in the next world, he's got some splainin to do.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

MURBACH ----- You gotta quit bein' so thin-skinned, young feller!!! Ya can't let a passel of airheads get you so riled, Pard. It ain't good for your health, Brother! :shock:

They're like magpies... They'll foul their own nest 'til they can't stay there no more, then move on to spread their "stuff" somewheres else... It's a law of Nature, my Friend... :?
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

So Terry give us a hint, in what section was this posting? I'm a member there, I joined when I was looking for grips for my Redhawk. No one there could help me BTW. They all said Houge. I have Houge and don't like them which is why I was looking for something else.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Relax Terry,
I was banned from two AR-15 (Colt AR15.com)forums for telling the truth. While their long time members were using the f word on a regular basis, I just straightened out a few of them on their knowledge of these fine weapons.----Boooooooooooot

They did not like a newcomer making them look like the idiots that most of them are. :lol:

There's nothing like Leverguns--To me, its the only game in town :D -----------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

I just joined up over there... Can't wait until I get the boot too... At least, I'll be in good company when I do....

And you thought COLT or S&W fans were crazy...?!?
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Buck Elliott wrote:I just joined up over there... Can't wait until I get the boot too... At least, I'll be in good company when I do...
Buck, I just joined too---Lets have some fun!-----------------------------Sixgun

Hankster
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Hankster »

If the site is RUN by an IDIOT, it sets the tone for the site in general.... you want to really hang out there??? Or, like Emmett said to Paden in Silverado (in a questioning/disgusted voice) "You used to RIDE with that guy"???
Why waste your time??? Company is much better, and SMARTER here!! Leave to dopes to themselves.....
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I may have to sign up at Rugerforum.net and see if I can create some mischief. While I don't know Mr. Taffin personally, I have read much of his work, and he is respected by the people I respect. That makes him respectable in my book. Creating mischief sounds fun, and I will want to see for myself what goes on. I like Leverguns.com because we have some true experts here, and most of the time everyone is respected. Good moderators help.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Chas.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Chas. »

So many opinions, so few facts. This has all the makings for a quilting bee.
Mitch1352
Levergunner

Post by Mitch1352 »

I have never met Mr. Taffin, but I have "spoken" with him here and on Sixguns.com (and it's offspring, Single-Actions.com). I have all of his books and love his magazine articles. I am jealous of those of you that know him personally because I think what you see is what you get, meaning he is just like he comes across. I do know that he has cost me $1000's in custom sixguns, ivory and leather, along with SSK barrels and reloading stuff for my T/C's. Made me put away all of my hunting rifles (except my Sharps) and take up handgun hunting exclusively. Anyone who trash-talks someone on a sterile medium like the Web is a chump. Man up and take your gripes to the person and work it out. But we all know that this idiot won't do that. Mr. Taffin may look like an old guy, but I would be verrry careful trifling with someone like that. Something about "old age and treachery beating youth and enthusiasm".
I am on here daily, but don't write much because I don't have much to contribute to such an august gathering as this, and I say that seriously. I do know that this is the most congenial forum I have found. The disagreements are not done disagreeably, but respectfully and in some cases, passionately!!! That's what men do. Mr. Murbach, I am sorry that you got booted, but to the devil with them...they aren't fit to clean your boots or one of JT's hats.
Sorry for the long post, but stuff like this ticks me off. I recall an response that Chesty Puller sent to one of his detractors: the guy questioned whether or not Chesty had the experience to back up his claim of being a combat Marine and did so in quite an insulting manner. Chesty "called him out", choosing sawed-off shotguns at 10 feet. Chesty never heard another word.
I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'...
Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

thought about switching case?
if you want to stick to a single case, lower is better
AkRay
Levergunner 2.0

Post by AkRay »

bulldog1935 wrote:thought about switching case?
I don't know about that. I know that all caps is how one yells on the internet, but I found Murbach's post much easier to read than any of the others. I'm at the point where I have to take my glasses off to read close up print. And besides, Murbach WAS yelling when he typed that post.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

That is a matter of opinion. When the US military made the choice on typewriters they chose all caps. It works. Of course, neither Terry nor Taffin type, they talk. Apparently the program works pretty well but changing case is unnecessarily disturbing to the chain of thought. Fine by me. I'm adaptable enough to get over it.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Markbo

Post by Markbo »

I have mentioned this to Terry in the past. It is simply the correct etiquite in this format to not use all caps. I don't scream on the phone, I don't scream in restaurants and I would not use all caps in a personal letter whether hand written or typed and I think it just as inconsiderate to do it here.

But he cannot or will not change. While it should be noted that JT HAS altered his all caps presentation so it is certainly doable. Therefore, it is a conscious choice by TM whom I don't know personally, but have had the pleasure of speaking with.

A fine man, an expert without many peers, a walking talking encyclopedic knowledge of guns and gun history, but one who by now doesn't embrace change easily. Pretty close Terry? :wink:
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

But if you know he's not yellin', he's not yellin'.
I like it.

P
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

pharmseller wrote:But if you know he's not yellin', he's not yellin'.
I agree and we all know that Terry & Taffin ain't yellin'. I just don't understand the meaning behind using caps. Is it an ego thing? :D ---------Sixgun

Hobie

Post by Hobie »

The all caps thing is pretty much nothing unless you have to build mountains from nothing. With all the stuff going on in the world there's no reason to get wrapped around the axle about this.
Sincerely,

Hobie

cowboykell
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cowboykell »

Who in the world is Terry Murbach and should I really care? :lol:
Behind every sucessful rancher is a wife with a job in town.
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

Been booted off a few boards and bailed from others... I generally smile at my good fortune and just shake the dust off.
People were smarter before the Internet, or imbeciles were harder to notice.
Markbo

Post by Markbo »

Hobie wrote:
....That is a matter of opinion. When the US military made the choice on typewriters they chose all caps.....
I didn't think this was a military site. :D
Hobie wrote: The all caps thing is pretty much nothing unless you have to build mountains from nothing. With all the stuff going on in the world there's no reason to get wrapped around the axle about this.....
I agree! No reason to be civil or polite or follow any other customary rules. Sounds to me like you just like giving Terry gets a pass from standard rules of etiquite.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Since I know that Mr. Murbach has a great deal more knowledge than I do on any topic related to firearms, yes I do give him a free pass. I do not take it to mean yelling. That goes for me and only me, but if others feel the same way, then they have the right. Besides, I find the all caps easier to read.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

[ I have mentioned this to Terry in the past. It is simply the correct etiquite in this format to not use all caps. I don't scream on the phone, I don't scream in restaurants and I would not use all caps in a personal letter whether hand written or typed and I think it just as inconsiderate to do it here.]

[ I just don't understand the meaning behind using caps.]

[ thought about switching case? ]

Hasn't everyone heard of Voice Recognition Software ?

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/usin ... ber23.mspx

It will type in caps at the sound of a voice, unless special steps are taken in situ - a PITA.

Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Hang in there Terry. I'm working on getting kicked off of RimfireCentral myself.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
gimdandy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gimdandy »

I like the all caps TM
DON'T EVER CHANGE
when you talk I listen..............................A WEALTH OF KNOWLEDGE AND THE MOST ENTERTAINING OF EM ALL
never ceases to amaze me some of the things that are gripped about.................like spending too much time in camp because of blizzard conditions and the grumblers start in w/ complaining that the coffee isn't as good if it's side boiled verses over the center of the fire ..................LMfannyO
like I said DON'T EVER CHANGE
Tom Richardson
Shootist

Post by Tom Richardson »

Markbo wrote:I have mentioned this to Terry in the past. It is simply the correct etiquite in this format to not use all caps. I don't scream on the phone, I don't scream in restaurants and I would not use all caps in a personal letter whether hand written or typed and I think it just as inconsiderate to do it here.

But he cannot or will not change. While it should be noted that JT HAS altered his all caps presentation so it is certainly doable. Therefore, it is a conscious choice by TM whom I don't know personally, but have had the pleasure of speaking with.

A fine man, an expert without many peers, a walking talking encyclopedic knowledge of guns and gun history, but one who by now doesn't embrace change easily. Pretty close Terry? :wink:
A very indulgent man.
As long as everyone conforms to his concepts and preferences.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

Hobie wrote:The all caps thing is pretty much nothing unless you have to build mountains from nothing. With all the stuff going on in the world there's no reason to get wrapped around the axle about this.
that is absolutely correct.
But if you find yourself getting kicked off forums at a seemingly inordinate rate, and it bothers you enough to post it on another forum, it's time to evaluate what's going on.
With all the stuff going on in the world, there is no reason to get wrapped around getting kicked off an internet forum.
But if you find yourself asking why, at least consider the obvious.
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

Hell's bells and Oriental Smells! It's a Preventative Ban Terry and you know it.

Once the Mods saw what that son of a biscuit-eater posted, they knew it would draw your irate response which would get you banned again.

They Mods just saved time for both of you and banned you for what we all knew you'd say.

BTW, if you invite that ignorant son of a biscuit-eater to meet you some brisk morning with pistols for two and breakfast for one, I'll be more than happy to hold your coat while you teach him manners, written in all caps on the point of a 255 grain slug.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Hobie wrote:The all caps thing is pretty much nothing unless you have to build mountains from nothing. With all the stuff going on in the world there's no reason to get wrapped around the axle about this.
Evidence to the contrary, it is NOT a Capital Offense.... :P
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
slimster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by slimster »

BlaineG wrote:
Evidence to the contrary, it is NOT a Capital Offense.... :P
Following the Letter of the law, what is the maximum Sentence?.....In all seriousness I must say, while louder volume can hurt my ears, I've never noticed all caps to hurt my eyes any. Some people would gripe if ya hung 'em with a new rope. Keep on keepin' on Mr. Murbach!!! :roll: :lol:
Joel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Joel »

I like his CAPSLOCK style. I just picture him as guy who talks really loud.

"Hi Terry, how'ya doing today friend?"

"I'M OK PARDNER HOW THE HECK YOU DOING THIS FINE DAY?"

"Fine and dandy, buy you a beer?"

"YESSIR, YOU CAN BUY ME A BEER."

"Bartender, two beers please."
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

Joel wrote:I like his CAPSLOCK style. I just picture him as guy who talks really loud.

"Hi Terry, how'ya doing today friend?"

"I'M OK PARDNER HOW THE HECK YOU DOING THIS FINE DAY?"

"Fine and dandy, buy you a beer?"

"YESSIR, YOU CAN BUY ME A BEER."

"Bartender, two beers please."
The conversation seems about right, but in all honesty, Terry does not talk all that loud.

At least it doesn't sound all that loud tome me. But then again i am about half deaf.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Mitch1352 wrote:...Anyone who trash-talks someone on a sterile medium like the Web is a chump. Man up and take your gripes to the person and work it out. But we all know that this idiot won't do that....
:!:
Doc Hudson wrote:The conversation seems about right, but in all honesty, Terry does not talk all that loud.
At least it doesn't sound all that loud tome me. But then again i am about half deaf.
:shock:
BlaineG wrote:Evidence to the contrary, it is NOT a Capital Offense.... :P
:lol:
HERE'S LOOKIN' AT YOU, MR. MURBACH!