Eagles Winchester 1895 .405 WCF is ready

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Eagles Winchester 1895 .405 WCF is ready

Post by crs »

and I got to examine it today and hear all that Doc's Gun Shop had done with it. I sent Eagles a PM on this first. It is a beautiful rifle with above average wood and nice checkering. The receiver is blue, but nicely engraved. Even the "climbing Lyman" has matching engraving. This may be a special version with which I am unfamiliar, but it is an impressive rifle.

Doc has reamed out the chamber to handle the 400 grain bullets provided by Eagles and did some fun work inside the front of the magazine to better handle the longer bullets.

I look forward to a post by Eagles with pictures and a range report.

BTW, Doc has on the rack, a most unusual M94 30WCF with much engraving and gold and nice wood (Winchester 5 or 6 ?), short button magazine, tang sight, etc. Not NIB, but it looks like it has never been fired or hunted, all for less than $2,000. It has been a safe queen and will likely make its way to another collector before long.

He also had a clean 1894 for $500, but I do not need it right now. We picked up some reloading supplies and left, still drooling over the slick old 94 safe queen.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Eagles Winchester 1895 .405 WCF is ready

Post by COSteve »

Picks as soon as possible are requested!!
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Pathfinder09
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Pathfinder09 »

WE NEED PICS!!!!!!!

Here is mine to tide us over.

8)
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

While I ain't got the requisite clobber... I like to drool over nice guns as much as the next guy... Doc's Gun Shop? Not one I'm familiar with. Hint, hint.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Griff,
It is actually one of those "my kind of place" shops with a bit of this that and everything and run by the same folks for 40+ years. It is NOT a Cabelas or Bass Pro and is mainly built around the gunsmithing business, not gun sales. In fact, there are more used guns than new, though he can order just about anything for you, including Class III stuff.

It is located ==> here ==
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sour ... =&gs_rfai=

Just off I35 E and Whitlock Lane. One of those places that you drop by if in the neighborhood, but rarely a destination trip unless for a special purpose such as gunsmithing or picking up a rifle you had shipped to their FFL.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/