Charter Target Bulldog vs. Hog

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
reflex264
Levergunner 1.0

Charter Target Bulldog vs. Hog

Post by reflex264 »

Howdy fellers. I am posting this for all but especialy for ML Mc Pherson since I know he also loves the little Charters. I already had two of the early model Target bulldogs and started hounding Charter to bring the gun back on the new style frame. As soon as they became availible I grabbed one. It is SS and has a polymer grip frame. The fit and finish aren't as good as the old ones but it is a shooter. Here is the short version of our recent hog hunt in East TN.

Well boyz, we had a great time. Had some unwanted excitement with a couple of the hogs. I will have to type up the story tomorrow. Matt didn't get one. He was being picky and stuck by his guns (NPI) to use a revolver. I did get a hog, that was trying to get me. Of all the guns we carried it was the little Charter Arms .44 Special New Model Target Bulldog that took out the biggest hog killed this weekend. I was using a 240gr Magnus BBSWC at 842fps. We walked around 15 miles in 3 days. Mad Dog knows what kind of country it is. We went all the way from the mountain on the east end to the west boundary and everywhere in between. Had a great time and we are already planning the return trip for this fall. More tomarrow, I am tired. I have tons of pics to shrink and post of this beautiful place. reflex264

336A
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Charter Target Bulldog vs. Hog

Post by 336A »

That is a nice looking hog reflex. can't wait to here more about the hunt and see more pictures.
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Post by DixieBoy »

Nice field report Reflex. Where'd you hit that hog ? Impressions on how your bullet worked ? - DixieBoy
When the People Fear Their Government There is Tyranny; When the Government Fears the People There is Liberty.
reflex264
Levergunner 1.0

Post by reflex264 »

I will type up the story and post it later. It got pretty exciting.

The first shot was right behing the the shoulder about 1/3 up the body. The hog whipped around about the second I pulled the trigger and the bullet exited about 10" back from the offside shoulder. The second shot was fired with the hog running around the end of the ditch to get to me. It double lunged her. The bullets work great. I have been shooting them for years. I have used them on deer with good results. They are very accurate out of my Charters. reflex264
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Cool. I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures. Beautiful country down there... 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "