OT Major sacrifices!!!!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

OT Major sacrifices!!!!!

Post by Nath »

Well I'm getting over it now but on Saturday I made a major sacrifice! The currant Mrs Nath and I have been wed for 20 yrs soon and I need a new scope for my 22 to replace the cheapie on it now! I looked in my savings jar :roll: To you guys $400, just enough for a small Nikon like the one on my 94. But I spent 200 on a pendent locket instead for the currant mrs Nath :D
My wife asked "what made you think of a pendent". I replied so she can keep a picture of the two most important people in her life- Our daughter and me :D
Have you guys ever had to make serious sacrifices like the above example?
(She has been all over me like a rash ever since :wink: )
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Yep been there and done that, but never considered it a sacrifice looking back, although it may have felt like it at the time. You made the right decission! A good woman is worth more than a safe full of Levers!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

A safe full of levers :shock: Steady on now lets not get out of proportion now :wink: :lol:
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

You did well there Sir. I can't wait to see which scope she surprises you with..,

Grizz
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Just sacrificed the price of 4 or 5 good rifles for a computerized sewing machine for her quilting. Oh, well.................... :wink:
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

jnyork wrote:Just sacrificed the price of 4 or 5 good rifles for a computerized sewing machine for her quilting. Oh, well.................... :wink:
Just think of all the cozy snuggling you're going to have under that next quilt!!!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Ahr but jnyork that can earn a few dollars so thats a smart move :wink:
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Women are self-maintaining. If they want baubles, they can find their own way to the store.

My guns though...

I'm all they've got.

If I don't buy them nice things, who will?

:wink:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

FWiedner wrote:Women are self-maintaining. If they want baubles, they can find their own way to the store.

My guns though...

I'm all they've got.

:lol: You never disappoint me, Bubba :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Sacrifice? I'd give my life for my wife, what's $200?
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Now now H don't get all heated up on me, I was being light hearted with this here post :wink:
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

FWiedner wrote:Women are self-maintaining. If they want baubles, they can find their own way to the store.

My guns though...

I'm all they've got.

Wiedner, you always give my belly muscles too much exercise! :D :D :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Sound like a good move to me. :wink:
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

crawdaddyjim
Levergunner 2.0

Post by crawdaddyjim »

jnyork wrote:Just sacrificed the price of 4 or 5 good rifles for a computerized sewing machine for her quilting. Oh, well.................... :wink:
Man, I feel your pain. :cry:

I wonder if there is a support group for husbands of quilters?!??

The wardens just went in the shop for annual checkup. MINIMUM charge of 150 dollars. Yes it is a Bernina....

I got more in that thing than in her diamond rings. :shock:
ImageImageImage
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Oh sure your life, BUT, would you spend scope money :?: :lol: :wink:
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Sold a Dakota to buy my wife a car that came along. Kept the scope :D .

It is on the 25-35 that Jeff Quinn sold me. :D

LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

Sometimes there are more important things to invest in. The snuggles will definitely be worth it. A beautiful lady snuggling on a cold winter night? Now that is more than worth it. :wink:

You're quite the rogue now...aren't you!!

LeverBob
bogus bill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bogus bill »

Yeah, all my life. Right now I am fighting a major battle in that area. Years ago when I was single my thing was flying and airplanes. I own free and clear a old citaberia. A friends daughter ground looped it badley about 10 years ago. It has been sitting tore down in his hanger. He finaly is restoreing it. Should be done in a few months close to new. I dont know I can even pass the physical. My wife wont fly with me and I really, really would like to fly another year or two. Besides the plane isnt legal to haul both our fat butt,s. It would be nice to take gas along.
So it would be selfish and not fair to my wife to keep it. I dont want to sell it, but belive I must!
Ysabel Kid

Re: OT Major sacrifices!!!!!

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Nath wrote: (She has been all over me like a rash ever since :wink: )
And what exactly are you complaining about?!? :wink:

My wife likes jewelry - diamonds and yellow gold. Her collection is equal if not more to my gun collection in value (probably more). For a happy marriage, that is always a good balance to strike. They make a nice investment - and she never asks for anything - I just insist. She puts up with me after all - so she is well worth any bauble times 10!!! :D
El Mac
Levergunner 2.0

Post by El Mac »

You done the right thing, no doubt about it. Good decisions are like money in the bank...

Don't think twice about it.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

El Mac wrote:You done the right thing, no doubt about it. Good decisions are like money in the bank...
Don't think twice about it.
Ditto.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

One Christmas when funds were very low I sold a very accurate BSA rifle to raise enough cash for a present for my wife. Why she dain't want the rifle instead I'll never know!! :wink:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

She's got horses, I have guns. I leave it at that. Sacrificed enough raising my kids---gave 'em a good life---sent 'em to good Catholic schools---bought 'em new cars----Its now "my time"-----------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Very wise move, Nath. You can't go wrong giving a nice gift to your wife. I've done similar just this year (except I'm still paying for it). My wife spends an awful lot of time in the kitchen and it was looking a little shabby. The first thing I figured she should have is new countertops .... then we realized the taps were in need of replacement ..... then we realized the cupboard doors needed to be redone ..... then it occurred to us that the stove was shot and not working on half its functions ..... then we needed new pulls to match the doors.

Bottom Line: My beloved bride of 27 years's kitchen reno has completely cleaned me right out ... big time:shock:. I will think long and hard before ever embarking on another kitchen reno. I can't even afford an inexpensive Lee sizing die right now, but I wouldn't have it any other way. She is thrilled with her kitchen.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

The "new" British math: 1 new pendant + 3 kind words = 1 new scope (come Eastertide) :mrgreen:
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Pete44ru, You found me out you little rascal :lol:
Thanks for every ones replys, it's good to know that we are still in love with our brides. Mines a real good'n too :wink: (Err Kirk, how do you get'm to spend alot of time in the kitchen :D )
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Tristan
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Tristan »

horsesoldier03 wrote:Yep been there and done that, but never considered it a sacrifice looking back, although it may have felt like it at the time. You made the right decission! A good woman is worth more than a safe full of Levers!
Wisdom, indeed.

- Tristan
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

Nath wrote:Pete44ru, You found me out you little rascal :lol:
Thanks for every ones replys, it's good to know that we are still in love with our brides. Mines a real good'n too :wink: (Err Kirk, how do you get'm to spend alot of time in the kitchen :D )
Simple pard! Take an interest in cooking! Good wine, good food, great companionship with the one you love...reaps major dividends. Heh!

I love to cook, so does my wife. We have had some major meetings in the kitchen! :shock:

Great meals & super fun. It does pay dividends for me...and for her!

I have my guns, hunts & fishing trips, she has her horses (which I use for pack trips in the mountains). Good wife, good guns, good horses, good food...egad!...I'm a blessed man!

LeverBob
Last edited by LeverBob on Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT Major sacrifices!!!!!

Post by Andrew »

Nath wrote: (She has been all over me like a rash ever since :wink: )

Sounds like money well spent. 8)
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Nath wrote: (Err Kirk, how do you get'm to spend alot of time in the kitchen :D )
I'm not sure you want that, Nath. The result of my wife spending a lot of time in the kitchen is that I have a constant battle on my hands to keep my belt at the same notch. :D
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

KirkD wrote:
Nath wrote: (Err Kirk, how do you get'm to spend alot of time in the kitchen :D )
I'm not sure you want that, Nath. The result of my wife spending a lot of time in the kitchen is that I have a constant battle on my hands to keep my belt at the same notch. :D
I feel your pain Kirk - my wife is an excellent cook, and it is a constant battle!!! :shock:

Back a couple houses ago we decided to remodel the kitchen. The guy told us it would take 2 weeks. We tripled the estimate and decided we could live without a kitchen for 6 weeks (this was before kids). Well, it took 18 weeks!!! :evil: Then, a week before it was completed, the company moved us - which we wanted a lot, but we never even got to enjoy the new kitchen!