Winchester 1895 question

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
CaliRN
Levergunner

Winchester 1895 question

Post by CaliRN »

Question for those who been there, done that...
Winchester 1895 has a damaged carrier screw, tried Buckinghams, Winchester Bobs, Sarco, Homestead, etc
with no luck.

Is there another screw from a Winchester rifle that is the same or is this screw specifically made for the
1895? Somewhere down the line someone lost the original screw and made one fit by filing down the
screw with no threads. Found this when tore the rifle down for a detail cleaning. It was retained by
friction and the head is buggered up.

Any help greatly appreciated, this is the only part I have not found. All other parts that were
missing or broken have been replaced and I can't wait to start reloading for it.

Thanks for all your help.

Art
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Winchester 1895 question

Post by Sixgun »

Art,
Funny that Buckinghams don't have it. I just received a couple of dozen screws of all kinds from him. Try www.tapaderaswinchesters.com -------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

CaliRN
Levergunner

Post by CaliRN »

Sir,

Thanks for the link to Tapaderos. Last time I called Buckinhams I spoke to a charming lady, and
tried to call again today and the phone number I have rings then beeps. Number is 731-559-4367.
Do you have an alternate number. There are several numbers listed in the internet for them,
and had no luck today.

Will try them again if possible.

Thanks for you help,
Art
Pathfinder09
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Pathfinder09 »

Try mid-west gun Works

http://www.midwestgunworks.com