Winchester model 12

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Paul Jenkins
Levergunner 2.0

Winchester model 12

Post by Paul Jenkins »

I have been offered a model 12 Winc. plain barrel, 30" full ck. neglected and pitted a little as described for $250 I haven't seen it yet, but thought a 12 would be worth that in nearly any cond.? It is fully functional. What is your off the wall thought?
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Winchester model 12

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

Like you stated any m-12 is worth that and more for parts.... :D
JOHNNY WACKO
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzevezzx/john ... dproducts/
Paul Jenkins
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Paul Jenkins »

Thanks Johnny,
The same person also has 2 99 Savage .308's for sale. Neglected outside , but, perfect bores and function. He wants to try to sell locally to avoid shipping. If there is interest here I will post pictures. Probably low prices. If there is interest, I will get him here for me to take pics.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

[model 12 Winc. plain barrel, 30" full ck]

FWIW, Paul - That sounds like a Model 12 Heavy Duck Gun (if the barrel's marked for 3" chamber), worth more than a run-of-the-mill M12 in certain circles.

It would make a nice centerpiece for a Chesapeake Bay duck/goose hunting display, along with a decoy or two, etc, etc.

http://www.cabelas.com/gun-inventory--- ... -lav.shtml

IIRC, there should be some lead in the buttstock, to add weight/dampen recoil.

Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I picked up a 99% 1959 Heavy Duck last year for $500. Shoots just fine with #3 and 4 Steel. :)
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Boreman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Boreman »

Paul,
I would have some interest in a M-99 in 308 for the right price.Provided they are not beat up beyond some down home repair and refinishing work. Could you have some pics and provide your own evaluation of the rifles.
Thanks ,Ron
PM me with any details,if you wish.
Model-71's forever !!!!
NRA Patriot Life Member
Endowment level
FOPA #5
GOA,Inc
WVCDL,INC
Paul Jenkins
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Paul Jenkins »

Gentlemen,
I have to back off this post for a while The widow the guns are being sold for is a bit confused. Nothing is settled yet.