OT - Macrostamping

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

OT - Macrostamping

Post by Scott64A »

I have a new idea to make baseball bats safer and less prone to being used for crimes.

Macrostamping.

That's right, we'll stamp an indentifying series of numbers in the business end of the bat, and if someone tries to use this new bat, sales records will easily and quickly reveal who smacked who in the head with a bat. As an added benfit, those "lost" balls in division-winning homeruns and series ending- at bats will be easily identified.

This could revolutionize hate-crime investigation and sports memorabilia.

Just thought I'd offer a chuckle.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

We need to do the same thing with rolling pins, cast iron skillets, steak knives, and other objects of domestic violence. That would totally identify the weapons used against unsuspecting husbands.

J :roll: e
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

Remember the numbers will have to be printed in reverse on the bat, so the marks on the victim's head will be readable.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

You think you're making a joke.

:(
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

Wouldn't it just be allot safer to ban:

baseball bats
steak knives
cars
rolling pins
hammers
and anything else anyone could imagine....

Actually we could just ban "hard solid" materials.

I think the people could be trusted with Jello....maybe :shock:
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
donw
Levergunner 3.0

microstamping

Post by donw »

if it weren't so serious, it would be a joke, unfortunately, the state legislature of kaliphorniastan is very serious. :(

when arnie signed it he reportedly commented: "i hope the techonology will be better by the time this goes into effect". :shock:

keep in mind...the california state legislature is living in the dark ages as far as gun legislation goes. :cry:
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Post by don Tomás »

Rocks, don't forget rocks...
Tom
(FYI - the Romans used to "microstamp" some of their lead projectiles for their slings by casting unit ID symbols on them.)

Tom

'A Man's got to have a code...
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

-John Bernard Books. Jan. 22, 1901
S.B.
Levergunner 2.0

Post by S.B. »

Microstamping technology isn't even available, yet? Ask Schwatzenager, he tryed it in Kalifornia.
"The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."
Life member of NRA, USPSA, ISRA, AF&AM Pontiac #294
LIUNA #996 for the last 32 years, retired after 34 years.
Wrangler John
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Wrangler John »

According to State Senator Tom McClintock in an interview with a local radio station, Schwarzenegger asked his staff for twelve bills, six to sign and six to veto, he didn't care what they involved, it was just a numbers game toward the deadline for signing. So they picked the bills that suited them, he did the rest. Don't forget, Schwarzenegger picked rabid Liberals as his environmental advisers. He wrote that he wanted to give the police another tool - he should have given them a Craftsman 9/16" combination wrench, at least they work.

Never vote for a "Moderate" Republican . . . never, never, never. They turn out to be Democrats in Reagan masks.

Lead bullet bans and micro stamping are the least of our worries, the entire state is completely unlivable, thanks to the Stupid Generation now serving as electorate and elected.

But it's all meaningless anyway, because when the Supreme Court rules the Second Amendment doesn't mean anything, we won't have any guns to fire anything in anyway.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

But it's all meaningless anyway, because when the Supreme Court rules the Second Amendment doesn't mean anything, we won't have any guns to fire anything in anyway.
And that is what I'm worried about.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
S.B.
Levergunner 2.0

Post by S.B. »

J Miller, what makes you think the Supreme Court is going to decide against us?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Wrangler John wrote:... thanks to the Stupid Generation now serving as electorate and elected.
Which would be the generation following the oft-labeled 'Greatest Generation'? I love it. Sad but true.

I'm ashamed to be part of the 'boomer' generation - generally the most spoiled, clueless, and selfish yet.

I can't help but believe the 'seething masses' in the middle ages were'nt any worse. Only thing is, the boomers think that because they learned the structure of DNA, and watched the moon landing, they know it ALL, and should be allowed to totally re-write our Constitution, and re-define history.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
guido4198
Senior Levergunner

My Bad...

Post by guido4198 »

when I saw the title on this thread...I was hoping someone had decided to put a permanent stamp on the forehead of every person convicted of a violent felony so we could sorta "see-em coming"...
:lol: :lol:
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott64A »

If you think the boomers are bad, wait until you get a load of today's kids...
I don't know how poorly my own generation, (GenX,) will fare, but it could be worse than the hippies.

Ugh.
Kruschev was on to something by chewing the US out through it's kids.

It's working so far.
donw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by donw »

SB,

the technology is available, but...testing by UC Davis, found it to be highly unreliable. the legislature and arnie both are aware the technology is flawed and admit it.

another reason they should be voted out of office.

remember, the state legislature of kaliphornia is living in the 14th century.
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers
S.B.
Levergunner 2.0

Post by S.B. »

Ohhhh, that's what I had wrong. I thought they were living in about the 65th century.
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

I'm afraid it will get worse, and on a national level this time. There are those that were awaiting this bill, and when one of the three Hilliary's gets elected (yea three, they all have the same agenda) they will sign it into law on a national level.

Like my wife says, the constitution protects our rights to guns, NOT AMMO.

The national level bill is said to also require ALL handguns to microstamp, but (here's the kicker) NO firearm shall be sold that does not do this reliably. The fact is the morons that came up with this idea, have yet to make it reliable. So the easy out is that if they "test" a firearm and it doesn't stamp properly 1 out of 10 times it will be unreliable, and thus cannot be sold.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

handirifle wrote:Like my wife says, the constitution protects our rights to guns, NOT AMMO.
Only a woman or a democrat could make such a leap of false logic. But I truly feel that the fault lies with whomever listens to and affirms such tripe, because they have failed to think beyond the stricture of a catchy phrase.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Being denied the ability to keep and or bear an effective arm is the same as being denied the ability to keep and or bear an arm at all.

The issue is precisely the same as that currently going before the Supreme Court, wherein citizens are "allowed" to keep arms, but the arms are regulated in such a manner as to make them unusable.

:?
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.