Missed a too good to be true deal on a 41

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
onegoodshot
Levergunner

Missed a too good to be true deal on a 41

Post by onegoodshot »

Marlin 18 94FG Cal 41. 99% new. 20in rifle lever action. $250. Buyer pays dealer.......

I called the guy about this and he said he had a lady offer him $200 for it and had an appointment to see it in an hour. He had bought it new. I informed him that it was worth much more than $200 and gave him a little education on a Marlin 41.

Called him back an hour later and it was gone.

Really nice ol' guy, but sometimes..........................
Hobie

Re: Missed a too good to be true deal on a 41

Post by Hobie »

I once offered an acquaintance what turned out to be twice what the buyer paid. He turned me down and went to see this guy he didn't know and sold it to him. The guy wasn't even kin. No explaining some things.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

You have to know how to use leverage..... :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

I know what i'd say about a fellow who agreed to a price and then made a drastic increase in the price when I arrived to take possession.

i'd tell you what I'd have to say but Hobie or Pauls would zaap it and then fuss at me.

The mans sounds as if he is an honorable man who stands by his word. i respect him for it.

Better luck next time.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
onegoodshot
Levergunner

Post by onegoodshot »

What I found even more admirable was that he was committed to giving the other first refusal even though they hadn't given him a firm "I'll take it".

IF the buyer knew the true value of the gun, then that other hand is another story. Why try to make a fantastic deal even better by trying to take advantage of an unknowing seller by low balling them any more?

When I did call the man back and had another conversation with him, he was friendly and appreciated the info I had given him on the first call. At least he did get the whole $250 asking price.
onegoodshot
Levergunner

Post by onegoodshot »

I know what i'd say about a fellow who agreed to a price and then made a drastic increase in the price when I arrived to take possession.

In THIS particular case, the man was educated a little more as to what he had and I would have just bit my tongue and forked over the extra cash with a big smile.
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Man, that WAS a deal!

Next time......

-Stretch
76/444

Post by 76/444 »

Doc Hudson wrote:I know what i'd say about a fellow who agreed to a price and then made a drastic increase in the price when I arrived to take possession.

i'd tell you what I'd have to say but Hobie or Pauls would zaap it and then fuss at me.

The mans sounds as if he is an honorable man who stands by his word. i respect him for it.

Better luck next time.

Exactly what I was thinking!

8)