Remington 760 Rebuild

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Remington 760 Rebuild

Post by Swampman »

This fellow had been hunting with this .30-06 760 for 30+ years and wanted me to do some work on it. It had never been cleaned or lubed. I cleaned it, did a trigger job on it, and installed this stock set from Cabela's. It's different.....He bought a $600.00 Meopta scope for it too..

"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Remington 760 Rebuild

Post by madman4570 »

Love those 760's
That looks Sharp! :mrgreen:
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

I like thumb hole laminates. They look cool and they feel really stable in the hand.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I've been mulling over an idea of building me a sporter No4 Mk1 with a thumb hole stock. But I've never seen one for sale.

That 760 looks really different with that stock on it. I wonder how it feels to shoot compared to the original set up?

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Mac in Mo
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mac in Mo »

I like the look of that laminate wood, however, that thumbhole doesn't look very comfortable or handy for a gun to be packed around in the woods. That's purely my opinion, based on the photo. I have no hands-on experience with those type of stocks. Kevin
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

Looks good,that stock makes it look really different don't it ?? Nice job on it.
JOHNNY WACKO
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzevezzx/john ... dproducts/
Bridger
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bridger »

I think that stock is ugly as homemade sin. But, that's just my unimportant two cents.
"The best argument against democracy
is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

- Winston Churchill
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Bridger wrote:I think that stock is ugly as homemade sin. But, that's just my unimportant two cents.
I like the stock . . . . . . . . not so much.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
n2t
Levergunner 2.0

Post by n2t »

Love those guns. I keep going back and forth on looking for one in 308 as my dream hunt african game rifle. And hoping they will make one in 338 federal someday. But in the end I have my 35rem 336 and I'm unsure how much improvement I would get with one of those on plains game. Great guns though, they keep tempting me. Love that stock.
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

I'll be totally honest here, I like the laminated wood, but don't care for the thumb hole stock. As long as the owner likes it, nothing else matters. More important, how does it shoot and does that rifle deserve a $600 dollar scope? :wink:
Looks like you did good work just like in your previous posts.