Snow in L.A. (Lower Alabama)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bridger
Levergunner 3.0

Snow in L.A. (Lower Alabama)

Post by Bridger »

I just flat don't know how to deal with this lol. Mud and rain i can handle but this mess......
"The best argument against democracy
is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

- Winston Churchill
Hobie

Re: Snow in L.A. (Lower Alabama)

Post by Hobie »

I bet that closed the airport at Atmore (my wife's brother-in-law runs it)! :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Bridger
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bridger »

Everything round here is closed lol. Bet the yanks on here wouldn't think twice about our 4-6 inches.

- Winston Churchill
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Bridger wrote:Everything round here is closed lol. Bet the yanks on here wouldn't think twice about our 4-6 inches.

4" to 6" = what snow, when's winter gonna get here?

Joe

My wife's sick of it already 2 months ago.
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

I really feel for you folks. If you are not used to or equiped for snow it can be VERY dangerous. I learned to drive in snow. I think it makes you a better drive in that you know how to react when the back end of the car decides to pull out and pass you. Our Saturday night entertainment was to go practice wipe outs in the snowy/icy shopping centers parking lots. The local cops would visit and make sure no booze and sometimes even join in if they had time.
Nothing like a little snow to let you know that you don't have that much contact surface with the road.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

First snowfall after I got my first car, a '68 Ford Fairlane with a 289, I hit a couple of local parking lots and cut donuts and skidded around like crazy. It was fun and I quickly learned what I could and could not do. Haven't had trouble driving in any conditions since then. It's similar to driving in mud, but most folks don't even seem to know how to do that anymore. It's always entertaining to see folks out there without a clue, as long as they aren't pointed in your direction. MAN I miss the snow...
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

We were waiting for the snow today in Pensacola Fla. Schools are out, but no snow except for a few flurries.

My 17 year old son hasn't seen snow since he was 3 years old so I drove him and a buddy up to Atmore. Al. to see the snow. They played in it like a couple of 1st graders and had a good time. I checked my game cameras in the north part of the county (Escambia County Fla) on the way up and had to walk through the snow to get to them. Now that's a first!
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
Bridger
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bridger »

AmBraCol wrote:First snowfall after I got my first car, a '68 Ford Fairlane with a 289, I hit a couple of local parking lots and cut donuts and skidded around like crazy. It was fun and I quickly learned what I could and could not do. Haven't had trouble driving in any conditions since then. It's similar to driving in mud, but most folks don't even seem to know how to do that anymore. It's always entertaining to see folks out there without a clue, as long as they aren't pointed in your direction. MAN I miss the snow...
There were a fair amount of accidents, my thoughts were similar to yours. I love driving down nasty muddy roads after a rain, and a lot of the same rules for driving in mud certainly seem to apply in this. In fact, a lot of folks around here are like me and live to go ridin dirt roads on Friday night.

- Winston Churchill
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

They said on the news that today is the first time in history that we've had snow in all 50 states at the same time.

Global warming???

The Bible says "He that sits in the heavens shall laugh..."
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Just got some photos of the snow including the niece with a snowman in her front yard in Atmore. I wonder if my boy went up there from Cantonment to show them how to shovel snow? No, I guess not, that's why he's down there!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Bridger,

Yeah, 4-6 inches of snow isn't much when we can get 8-12 inches from lake effect snow off of Lake Erie (in 4 to six hours) up on Ohio's north coast.

But, you do have my sympathy since you'all don't have the equipment to deal with it. Remember to just take it nice n' slow (something some of the buttholes up here have to relearn EVERY YEAR after the first snow fall of the season).:x :x

PLUS, what the hell, its just another example of GLOBAL WARMING :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

We got 3-4 inches here, plus a thin layer of ice underneath it all. Saw today on the news that 49 states have some amount of snow. They didn't say which one doesn't, but I'd bet on Hawaii. Not sure how much more of this global warming we all can take!