New Model 94 article

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Marc
Levergunner 3.0

New Model 94 article

Post by Marc »

According to John Taffin the new 94 is made by Miroku. It shoots good too. Read the article here:
http://fmgpublications.ipaperus.com/FMG ... 0/?page=36
My "HB" (Hunting Buddy) She's a good cook too!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: New Model 94 article

Post by J Miller »

Hey Marc,

This might be a record. 99 look sees at your thread and only my response so far.
Could be because Taffin's report was really lackluster, almost nothing really, or could be because there isn't many folks here that care about the overblown, price bloated, Miroku 94 pseudo commemoratives.

Could be ..... yawn, more fun to pick a fight with ScottT and Big Nose Kate. :lol: :lol:

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

I made a comment about this article in another post someone else started a few days ago. If it came without the tang safety/rebounding hammer and had top eject, I'd consider buying one. It is otherwise a nice looking rifle. But why Winchester didn't change any of the above items is beyond me. Kind of like what Einstein said: Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results....Maybe we will only see an original style 94 is if someone like Bighorn, Rossi or Uberti/Pedersoli/Chiappa make one.
Marc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marc »

Yes, Joe,, it is a non event. I missed the reference to the article in the kaschi's post. I am also underwhelmed by this new "Winchester".
My "HB" (Hunting Buddy) She's a good cook too!
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

After seeing the post about the new Pedersoli 71/86 it looks like there are people listening to what is wanted in the marketplace. I sure don't want a fancy 94 with a rebounding hammer. :x .
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Looks good to me but I will need a plainer version and a plainer price.

I looked a checkered Mossberg today and it worked very smoothly and looked very good. I would also guess the receiver is stronger with that top bridge.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

mohavesam
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mohavesam »

Actually, this is a significant event. It signals the first production (semi-production?) models of a Winchester-branded 1894 rifle since the failure of the New Haven factory. Yeah, I said failure.

It may just signal the beginning of a decrease in the inflated pricing of re-sold New Haven guns. Think it over. Of course, many will not be happy unless/until they can buy new-production Winchester-branded 1894 guns for $350 off the shelf.

Wait - isn't that what killed the 94 in the first place? They didn't exactly fly off the shelf - not in the quantities that could keep the model afloat anyway. :?

I welcome more guns on the market, not fewer.
:!:
I'm positive God created the universe... I'm just not convinced He had any choice in the matter.
-A. Einstein
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

talkin' about setting yourself up for failure! make it like a pre64 src without all the glamour. maybe a couple of different chamberings. something like a 356wcf or a 338 marlin. some oldtimers like the .38-55, 348. sell it for under $700. ford motors made a mustang and listened to the consumers. chrysler got a 4 door charger :lol: pontiac made a euro trash gto. ford's in the black, pontiac exstinct and chryslers almost history. japs screwed up on this one :?
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

J Miller wrote:Hey Marc,

This might be a record. 99 look sees at your thread and only my response so far.
Could be because Taffin's report was really lackluster, almost nothing really, or could be because there isn't many folks here that care about the overblown, price bloated, Miroku 94 pseudo commemoratives.

Could be ..... yawn, more fun to pick a fight with ScottT and Big Nose Kate. :lol: :lol:

Joe
Ha! :lol: I'm in agreement, especially with the big nose kate thing :D ----------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

I for one will not buy a 94 japchester.....especially not at those prices
I think it is time we all went over to the winchester site
and tell them exactly what we want....

A winchester model 94 exactly the way they came off
the production line in 1894...with no lawyered up safetys....
in standard grade & delux models, with the correct sites, butt stocks
in all the traditional calibers, .... 30-30, 32-40, 38-55, 25-35, etc..
Forget the odd ball calibers....356, 307, etc
and sell them at a decent price...that the average joe can afford...

AND MADE IN THE USA

and bring back the 9422 and 9422M
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
DPris
Levergunner 3.0

Post by DPris »

I argued for a workingman's 94 with one of the Winchester guys involved in the product development phase of the re-introduction.

Their lawyers require the unwanted safety features, and the development team wanted to make a splash with the re-intro. Hence the result.

There's a strong probability of a non-comm version on the horizon, but it'll have those features, it'll certainly be a relatively low-numbered edition, and almost certainly a high-gloss high-priced prettygun like the other Miroku-made replicas. Quality will be high, but it won't be what made the 94 what it was.

The factory has limited production capability for the gun & can't crank them out in high volume. The two comms also demonstrate to me a clear statement that the Winchester/Browning/FNH combine now views the 94 as a nostalgia piece, not a working gun.

Denis
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Nother words they are a limited production item that's made just to appease those who have deep pockets. No doubt that like the other lever guns put out by Miroku it will sell out each time they make a run. But in the big picture the Winchester 94 has not returned at all.

Well guys I think we should all contact Uberti and let them know what we want. I do believe we'd have a better chance of success with them.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
DPris
Levergunner 3.0

Post by DPris »

Joe,
I told Winchester that if this is what they're gonna be, the 94 is still gone.

Nobody can reasonably expect a new $400 94 these days, unless it's Chinese & you wouldn't want that. No matter where it's sourced otherwise, prices will be higher than they were out of New Haven, it's just a fact of life. But....put a utility-grade finish & utility-grade wood on it, lose the rebounding hammer, safety, and angle eject, and price it near $600, and it has a chance.

The reality is that it will probably end up being a shiny $900 nostalgia replica.

Denis
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

RIHMFIRE wrote:I for one will not buy a 94 japchester.....especially not at those prices
I think it is time we all went over to the winchester site
and tell them exactly what we want....

A winchester model 94 exactly the way they came off
the production line in 1894...with no lawyered up safetys....
in standard grade & delux models, with the correct sites, butt stocks
in all the traditional calibers, .... 30-30, 32-40, 38-55, 25-35, etc..
Forget the odd ball calibers....356, 307, etc
and sell them at a decent price...that the average joe can afford...

AND MADE IN THE USA

and bring back the 9422 and 9422M
with 8+ million 94s out there not counting the mossbergs you need a selling point. pre 64's for under $700 aint hard to find. the odd ball calibers ARE the only reason to buy one.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

DPris,

I understand about the pricing. If it was done right, such as Uberti does the 1860, 1866, 1873 and the other rifles they make, with out the idiot safeties and rebounding hammers, I'd be willing to pay for the quality.
To be bluntly honest I'm more than willing to pay the freight for their current replicas. And someday I will when I have it.
Considering that Uberti and the other import companies sell all the lever guns they import, I don't think they'd have any trouble selling all the 1894s they could import.

Joe
Hankster
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Hankster »

Thats what happens when you let LAWYERS get involved..... would have been easier to just have a disclaimer form to sign at purchase saying "I state i'm not a dumb *** and know how the halfcock safety works. If I shoot myself in the foot it's MY fault for being stupid and careless!"
But then they couldn't sue.. so....
DPris
Levergunner 3.0

Post by DPris »

Unfortunately, their views don't match ours.
Denis
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Yep, a beautiful rifle but the tang safety... hope and change in a rifle...
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!