POLITICS - Hope this is not too political!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

POLITICS - Hope this is not too political!!

Post by jnyork »

jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

OK, got the link right that time.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Yep that is FRED PHELPS and his crew. We have had to deal with his churches BS long enough. They also protest funerals of Soldiers that have died in Iraq. Recently (not sure which state) they protested a funeral and the family successfully sued them and received a multi million dollar judgement against them. However, the BS continues. Its unfortunate that these ***(*&(s get to protest the individuals that are defending their Freedom of Speach!
shdwlkr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by shdwlkr »

I don't care what branch of service you pick you are going to find jerks, morons and just plain stupid individuals that smear the rest of the good and loyal military members.
In a free society the government doesn't fear its citizens
NRA Endowment member
DAV
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

Jesus tells us in Luke 6:37, "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."

Why do so many "so-called" Christians ignore the red letters in the Bible? From what I read, Jesus had a lot more disdain for people who condemn others than he did for fags, dikes and Marines.

As for the Marines, Jesus tells us in John 15:13 that "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."

People like that turn more people away from God than the devil himself! And they call themselves Christians? :cry:

Humbly,
bogie
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

It makes me sad too Bogie :cry: , and I tell people the same every time the moment arises.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

It is only a matter of time before some distraught father, grieving the loss of a son or daughter who honorably served their country, turns around and shoots one of these idiots.

I, for one, would pin a medal on the man if/when it happens...
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

These idiots were supposed to protest a soldier's funeral here in Roswell a couple weeks back. A couple of them showed up with their signs but when they saw the Honor Guard, which is a group of Veteran bikers that show up to protest these guys, they got back in their cars and left. Proud to report that the funeral went on undisturbed and a group of church members and the Honor Guard were there to salute the family with American flags and not "God hates fags" signs. These people really make my blood boil, claiming that God hates people, and this country. I don't agree with a lot of things that are going on right now, but if they think it sucks so bad, I'll pack their bags for them and take them to the airport for the first flight to (pick a destination). I even saw the leader of that group the other day on tv say that if Jesus were here he would be leading their rallies and holding their signs. Rediculous!
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Ysabel Kid wrote:It is only a matter of time before some distraught father, grieving the loss of a son or daughter who honorably served their country, turns around and shoots one of these idiots.

I, for one, would pin a medal on the man if/when it happens...

WHEN IT DOES HAPPEN, I SURE HOPE I AM ON THE JURY!