Show Your Snubbie

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
H_Talon
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Show Your Snubbie

Post by H_Talon »

here is mine ... 45lc redhawk, cut to 3" with a rounded grip ..
with a full moon conversion //

Talon
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Buckeye wrote:Image

this ole 45acp. ...The 45acp is a great Snubbie round ,non- magnum = less muzzel flash

It's a customized S&W DA 45 from the 1937 Brazilian contract run. the barrel is cut down to 3.5", bobbed the hammer, installed a patridge front sight, did an action / trigger job and refinished matte blue.
H_Talon wrote:here is mine ... 45lc redhawk, cut to 3" with a rounded grip ..

Talon
These 2 that catch my eye that have obviously had work done to them. Curious to know who did the work or if you di the work yourself. Both are NICE and definately not going to be duplicated frequently.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

My guess is the Redhawk is a Reeder custom.
Old Law Dawg
71fan
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 71fan »

Talon
First off, that is a beautiful gun. I like every aspect of it, especially the sights and rounded butt. I too would like to know know did it.

Next...nice butterfly knife. I haven't seen one of those in probably 20 years. I used to flip one around when I was in high school and got pretty good at it, and never lost any skin either. I'd be a bit nervous these days. I'm happy with my Benchmade assist - it's much less intimidating than your butterfly, but it probaly gets to the "point" quicker.

Thanks for the pic.
Chad
ab4ka
Levergunner 1.0

Post by ab4ka »

Here's my model 36 with the original, matching stocks:

and with the Firestone on it:
H_Talon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by H_Talon »

71fan wrote:

Talon
First off, that is a beautiful gun. I like every aspect of it, especially the sights and rounded butt. I too would like to know know did it.

Next...nice butterfly knife. I haven't seen one of those in probably 20 years. I used to flip one around when I was in high school and got pretty good at it, and never lost any skin either. I'd be a bit nervous these days. I'm happy with my Benchmade assist - it's much less intimidating than your butterfly, but it probaly gets to the "point" quicker.

Thanks for the pic.
as noted the Redhawk is a " Alaskan Survivalist " by Gary Reeder I had him add the black widows spiders and my initials :-) the butterfly is a benchmade with titanium handles,
and last the skinning knife is a Randall # 11, 5" blade and coolie cap. the moon clip conversion was done by Pinnacle High Performance ..

I'm glad ya'll like it, it's my hunting back up, while I don't think it would stop a bear I think the 300grn grizzly loads will make it pay for it's meal :-) :-) ( those are the rounds in the clips )

Czzzzz-Ya ....

Talon
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Wasn't this the first 6-shot airweight revolver?

My Smith & Wesson Model 12 2-inch 6-shot Airweight (actually with a 1 7/8 inch barrel) only weighs 19 ounces - that's 1 lb., 3 oz.! It is the aluminum frame version of a Model 10. The parts are interchangeable, except this has a slimmer frame than the other model.

Although it should only be asked to digest moderate loads with a SAAMI rating of around 17,000 or a little less, it has special meaning to me. Purchased in approximately 1974, it kept me company as a hideout gun, usually in my boot, for about 20 years when I was a deputy sheriff and then frequently as a backup gun when I was a State investigator. [Some boring stuff was edited out - JdeF]

The gun was in production since 1953, and it was discontinued in 1986. It is still my minimum carry gun, loaded with 110 grain Winchester Silvertip Hollowpoints and fed by HKS speedloaders - a reasonably good defense solution for this great old lightweight and concealable companion.
Last edited by JohndeFresno on Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jayhawker
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Jayhawker »

Here are mine. First, a Rossi Model 68 in 38 Special

and a Taurus Model 441 in 44 Special. With a 3" barrel, I guess it still qualifies as a snubbie.
Well done is better than well said.
txpete
Departed Friend

Post by txpete »

gotta throw in a east german snubbie :lol:
DAV life member.
scarville
Levergunner 2.0

Post by scarville »

txpete wrote:gotta throw in a east german snubbie :lol:
It only counts as a snubbie if you can fire the gun from inside a pant or jacket pocket without it jamming.
What most people call a "right" is the equivalent of a dog walking on a leash. Just because your leash is a little longer than the other dogs' does not mean you don't have a master.
txpete
Departed Friend

Post by txpete »

wow I need a test dummy before I delete the pic :lol:
DAV life member.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
Old Ironsights wrote:
Nate Kiowa Jones wrote:Ok,
...The 44 Bulldog
Dang dude, that's one of the guns on my "someday" list...
+1 - that is just awesome!!!
I always liked those and then I saw "The Wind and the Lion" and the Walter Mitty in me had to have one. Unfortunately, I've never run across one that I would shoot. All I've seen were, ummm, WELL used.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
H_Talon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by H_Talon »

mind if I add a couple of more ...

a 3" L frame S&W, with a Skinner made by Alan Gerber ..

This one I built (parted and put together)

A essex frame (detonics size) with an officer top end on it, paired with
a De Leon sub hilt fighter (wife bought for me :-)

Enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!

Talon
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

My "Doomsday" Snubbie in 460 S&W! Best darn handgun I own!!!! :twisted: :lol:

-Tutt

"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

What happens when you are a LEO from before autos.
Top Left a 3in Model 629 in 44 Mag. Top Right a 3in Model 60 .357 Mag.
Middle Left 3in Model 66 in .357 Mag. Middle Right a 2in Model 60 .38SPL.
Lower Left 2 ½ in Model 686 in .357. Lower Right a Model 351 .22Mag.
My wife carries the .38 and I carry the 7 shot .22 Mag when I don’t think I will need a gun.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It is not the critic who counts
win7094M1
Levergunner 2.0

Post by win7094M1 »

Paladin, you were smart enough to keep yours - when my agency switched to Glocks in 1988, we lost approval to carry revolvers. I sold my Colt Commando Special (1983) and my S&W Bodyguard Airweight (1987). I don't know where the Colt is now, but the Bodyguard still serves as a backup/plainclothes gun for my nephew who is a Sheriff in a SW Va county. I'm glad he still has it and uses it even though the finish is quite worn. He expressed interest in one of the new Ruger .38 snubs and I told him to give me first refusal on the Bodyguard if he was going to trade it. He gave me a puzzled look and said "I'll never sell it - it was yours and I will keep it - even if I buy the Ruger." He must still like it!
Winchester M94 30-30 (1980)
Winchester M70 Westerner 30-06 (1982)
Winchester M1 Garand (1942)
Too many others to list - hope to add more levers soon.
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

I got lucky and we were broke. We carried revolvers until the mid 90s when we switched from S&W L-Frames to S&W .40s. Only a few of us in BCI were allowed to carry just about anything the department approved. On the military side it depended on the mission, on a few we were authorized any military/civilian weapon we wanted on any military/civilian transportation.
It is not the critic who counts
Rifleman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rifleman »

I haven't shot it yet, probably never will. Need to cut down some 38 special cases or just find 38 cases; and get the barrel crowned, (it's a little bent.) :shock:

It is a cool little gun though, very strange.