O.T. Shoulder scabbards for a lever gun

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Cliff
Levergunner 3.0

O.T. Shoulder scabbards for a lever gun

Post by Cliff »

I recently purchased several M.O.L.L.E. Shoulder Shotgun Scabbards from Sportsman's Guide. They are listing them as for a shotgun, but they work very well for me on my leveractions. Price was right about $25. Not leather has all kinds of straps for carrying on pack racks, or over your shoulder. Holds my M-94, M-92's, M-336's and M-94 Marlins great. Flat and out of the way. They do carry a short (18 inch) barreled shotgun very well, tried an 870 and my Stevens 331R. They come in three colors, black, coyote tan, and olive drab. I just figured I would mention them for someone who isn't looking for a nice built leather scabbard. I got mine :-). Sportsmansguide shows Part number of LX9X-144035C. Anyway I like mine. Figured someone may want some for a stocking stuffer or something. Cheaper Than Dirt had the same things but were $36 bucks. If I am out of line, forgive me. Have a good weekend.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Re: O.T. Shoulder scabbards for a lever gun

Post by JReed »

cool I will have to check it out.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Thanks for the idea. Recently, my Uncle mentioned making a leather shoulder scabbard for a 30-30 taken on a cougar hunt.
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

JReed:"cool I will have to check it out"
OK, now I have a mental image of Gunny in his Ghillie suit with two of those -- one strapped on to each thigh -- shotgun on the right, rifle on the left, as he heads out to blast some coyotes!!!

Aw, he11, buy 4 so your two boys can have one each too...

:lol: :D :wink:

Happy huntin'!

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
76/444

Post by 76/444 »

I like shoulder scabbards. Works real good if designed right, for riding if you like to keep your rifle with you in certain situations, rather than tying down a scabbard to the saddle.

Scabbard making ain't rocket science,.... anyone who can stitch/repair leather can put one together.

p.s. I think a scabbard should afford some protection from scratches and such,.... unless it isn't used in the back country. 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 76/444 on Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Very good idea!!! 8)
model55
Levergunner 3.0

Post by model55 »

http://www.legacysports.com/products/pu ... ather.html the bottom scabbard is for a levergun-bit spendy.
Rexster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Rexster »

The rig on Legacy's site looks interesting. I may have to contact Bob Mernickle directly about such a rig for a Marlin 1894C or BLR.
Have Colts, will travel.

The avatar is the menuki of my Rob Douglas Wakisashi.
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

I had one made out of leather for a '94 trapper I had years ago. Very handy when dragging out a deer, on a four-wheeler, or anytime you needed both hands free. I parted company with it and the rifle during the first divorce :( .

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

On the legacy one ,I'm not sure how you would get your gun out without it catching the front sight. I've been using a leather quiver that I got at a garage sale for $5 when I'm out snow shoeing. But I think I will be ordering that scabbard from sportsmans guide to keep on the ATV . Thanks for the info.
graham1
Levergunner

Post by graham1 »

model55 wrote:http://www.legacysports.com/products/pu ... ather.html the bottom scabbard is for a levergun-bit spendy.

That looks cool!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

firefuzz wrote:I had one made out of leather for a '94 trapper I had years ago. Very handy when dragging out a deer, on a four-wheeler, or anytime you needed both hands free. I parted company with it and the rifle during the first divorce :( .

Rob
Those are NOT good words to use together...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Lever over at Levergun Leather Works makes one. http://www.levergunleather.com/p_scabbards.htm Not my cup of tea, but his appear to be very well made. Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad