Humor - "Tiger" in the news...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Humor - "Tiger" in the news...

Post by Old No7 »

OK, I'll admit it's not our job to pass judgment on anyone, especially someone as generally respected and well-liked as Tiger Woods. But as my late father used to say "If you step in it, then you'd better be prepared to walk it off in those shoes..."

With that said, it was only a matter of time before Tiger found himself in the humor spotlight...

Old No7

* Tiger Woods is so rich that he owns lots of expensive cars... And now he has a hole in one!

* What's the difference between a car and a golf ball? Tiger can drive a ball 400 yards...

* Tiger Woods wasn't seriously injured in the crash, but he's still below par...

* What were Tiger Woods and his wife doing out at 2:30 in the morning? They went clubbing!

* Tiger Woods crashed into a fire hydrant and a tree. Why? He couldn’t decide between a wood or an iron...

* Perhaps Tiger should have used a driver?

* This is the first time Tiger’s ever failed to drive 300 yards...

* Apparently, the only person who can beat Tiger Woods with a golf club... is his wife!

* Tiger admitted this crash was the closest shave he’s ever had. So Gillette has now dropped his contract...

:D :lol: :wink:
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Humor - "Tiger" in the news...

Post by awp101 »

I heard he was going to blame it on his Caddy...

Whatever brand club she used, this could be a great marketing tool for them. They can tout is as "The only club that can beat Tiger!"
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

:lol: :lol:
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I've missed most (ok, almost all) of the coverage on this, but putting 2 and 2 together, this doesn't sound good for Tiger. What a shame - so few positive role models, and I understand he is very, VERY pro-military...
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

Personally this is a heartbreak...he had the world by the tail... :oops:

Seriously, this is a another example of a young man who has been given way too much too soon. Most young people today have not been properly prepared to handle such riches & renown. Perhaps, a failure by his own parents...yet, how could they have known how successful this young man would be. I would suggest that concerted prayers in his behalf are in order.

This is the very reason I preach Christ...and Him crucified.

LB
NonPCnraRN
Levergunner 2.0

Post by NonPCnraRN »

I think his wife found out he had a few bogeys off the golf course.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Buncha tabloid crrap, IMO.

A man's life and his supposed problems are his business and no one else's.

Why is it that people can't wait to tear someone down?

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Post by deerwhacker444 »

FWiedner wrote:Buncha tabloid crrap, IMO.

It was "his" business. But he totaled his car on a fire hydrant and a tree at 2:30 in the morning on a public road and the Highway Patrol got involved it ceased to be only his business. If he had taken care of business and not let it get this far, maybe it would have stayed "his" business.

It also appears that the hood-rats are crawling out of the woodwork to claim they've spent some "personal" time with Tiger. They're not exactly trying to keep quiet. And even if you don't believe all of them, he's admitted to sinking putts on someone else's turf.
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
NonPCnraRN
Levergunner 2.0

Post by NonPCnraRN »

FWiedner wrote:Buncha tabloid crrap, IMO.

With the 100s of millions of dollars Tiger makes off of endorsements he has to know that many sponsors have conduct clauses in the contracts that voids the contract if he has negative publicity that can adversely affect the company's/product's image. With all that at stake I would think he would behave himself accordingly. I honestly don't care what he does in his personal life but if his actions aren't guided by moral considerations they should at least be guided by economic considerations, unless he has sooooo much money he doesn't care. I hope he has a prenuptual agreement.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

He could have been sinking putts with Michelle O on the capitol steps at noon in front of the Washington press corps and I still don't see why anyone would care to know more.

To me, the publicity just shows how seedy the press is, and how low the public will sink to feed their hunger for sniffing someone else's dirty laundry.

It's a sickness IMO.

:(
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I don't care about the story, but the jokes are funny.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

He started out as a professional Gentleman Pro, but in the end, he's just another pubic figure :oops:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

A role model he's not.
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
NonPCnraRN
Levergunner 2.0

Post by NonPCnraRN »

I do have to give him credit for using his own money and not charging taxpayers like politicians do. With his money he can define economic stimulus any way he wants.
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

Congress, POTUS and SCOTUS are subverting the Constitution and our freedoms...

... and Americans are focusing on this? :(
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

DBW wrote:Congress, POTUS and SCOTUS are subverting the Constitution and our freedoms...

... and Americans are focusing on this? :(
Just click right on by, Sir :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

Tiger's business, maybe, but ...

He has actively exploited his good-guy, family man image with photos of his wedding, press releases, including photos, of the birth of his child, etc., etc., for the purpose of boosting his image and income. That game is a two-edged sword, as Mr. Woods now learns to his sorrow and chagrin.

Contrast that to some other celebs who strictly segregate their public and private lives. Some are barely even known to have spouses or kids, because they don't exploit their existence and instead value them more highly than the money that flaunting them would bring in. With those people, family business is no one else's.

Our SC Governor is an excellent example of the Tiger Woods type. He has built his entire career on preaching fiscal responsibility and conservative family values. He has trotted out his family (and spent his wife's considerable money) to further his political career for years. When it comes out that he is a philanderer and a looter of public funds, he deserves to be pilloried, because he has based a good bit of his success, deliberately, on a pack of lies.