OT-Savage 99m--284win worth?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

OT-Savage 99m--284win worth?

Post by Thunder50 »

Local gun shop just got in a 99M. Metal is probably 95% and the wood is prbably 90% except for a spot on the top of stock near the butt (about the size of a quarter) that has had the finish damaged/scraped off. It also has an older Redfield 2x-7x scope with fine crosshairs. Has a reciol pad on it, but don't know if it came that way from the factory or not.

Curious what the thing is worth. He is asking $650
flhroy
Levergunner

Post by flhroy »

RUN. I mean RUN back and get that 99. If you dont let me know where its at and I'll try to get it. That's a great price if the rifle is in as good a shape as you say it is.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

That rifle is worth a minimum of twice what he's asking. One seldom sees one but even 99s in "standard" chamberings are bringing better than $900...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

Re: OT-Savage 99m--284win worth?

Post by cubrock »

Thunder50 wrote:Local gun shop just got in a 99M. Metal is probably 95% and the wood is prbably 90% except for a spot on the top of stock near the butt (about the size of a quarter) that has had the finish damaged/scraped off. It also has an older Redfield 2x-7x scope with fine crosshairs. Has a reciol pad on it, but don't know if it came that way from the factory or not.

Curious what the thing is worth. He is asking $650

If you get it and don't want the scope, I'd like a shot at it. I have a .22 I'd like to put it on, if it is the scope I'm thinking of.
.........THE TWINS..........

Jayhawker
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Jayhawker »

It's definitely worth more than he's asking. Like the others have said, jump on it. Otherwise, let us know where this "local shop" is.
Well done is better than well said.
oldgerboy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oldgerboy »

That is the exact description of the one I have, even the scope. Before I cleaned it up an owner of another shop offered me 600 in cash when he layed eyes on it so I figure it is worth more.
Marlin .35
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Marlin .35 »

Well, have you got it in your hands yet?????? If not, WHY!!!!! :D Art
Dead Calm is alive and well!!!!!!!
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

Picked it up this morning. Once the anasthetic wears off from the 2 hours in the dentist chair and I am not so shaky, pics will follow. He dropped the price $50 for me-- $600.
flhroy
Levergunner

Post by flhroy »

Way to go
Take Care
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cubrock »

Thunder50 wrote:Picked it up this morning. Once the anasthetic wears off from the 2 hours in the dentist chair and I am not so shaky, pics will follow. He dropped the price $50 for me-- $600.

Oh, yeah! Great score!

Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

Not too good with pics. Here are a few. You might be able to see the blems on the top rear of the buttstock. Cleaned the bore--pristine. Supposedly, guy brought it into the shop and said it was his dad's and he didn't shoot so had no use for it. Just sitting in a closet.
Now to get some dies!!
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cubrock »

If you want to sell that scope, I'd love to hear a price. :D Nice gun!

oldgerboy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oldgerboy »

Is that a Savage recoil pad or an aftermarket one?
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Thank goodness. I can't stand the thought of a good buy getting away from one of the family.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
flhroy
Levergunner

Post by flhroy »

ogb, pretty sure that's a factory recoil pad
Take Care