Old photo of hunter with 86 and large muley.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Old photo of hunter with 86 and large muley.

Post by rangerider7 »

It looks to be a 1886 Winchester but that is as clear as I could make the photo. Nice Deer.

"That'll Be The Day"
gimdandy
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Old photo of hunter with 86 and large muley.

Post by gimdandy »

Makes you wonder if it was proper to wear bow tie for photo's ? Can't imagine hunting w/ it or everyday wear but you sure see lots of tie's on old photo's . Nice buck , thanks
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Looks like an 86 from here, too. Wonder where the shot was taken. Man, that's a big-bodied buck.
76/444

Post by 76/444 »

Nice big deer. I believe wearing a dress shirt, tie and coat was considered the mark of a successful gentleman through the 1800's to the mid 1900's. On or off a horse,... outlaw, sheriff, or store keeper, by one and all. 8)
bogus bill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bogus bill »

I dont want to be deragatory here, but still wish to tell the story. I was from wisconsin and had a job treating old utility poles for groundline decay. A dirty job. The company sent me to southern louisianna in 1962. It was my first time down south and 1st day on the job there. I was in a field working on a pole when this very old man came out of the woods hunting. He looked to be 85 to 90 years old. He was dressed up in very old fine woolen hunting togs with even a tie etc. Looked like something out of a 1900 sporting magazine ad for abercombie & finch! Long white eyebrows about over a inch long! He stood a few feet from me watching me intensely and didnt say a word. Finaly, to warm things up I said good morning sir, say thats a fine looking shotgun ya got there! He beemed and held up a fine very old double barrel probley a old parker, and said, yes it tis! Why, hit`s killed three, fo, N----rs that ah know of! I had arrived in the south!
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Nice picture.
ED
Yer never too old