.30 Rem brass and RCBS No. 19 shellholder

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

.30 Rem brass and RCBS No. 19 shellholder

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Just got a batch of R-P .30 Remington brass from Huntingtons, and it won't quite fit in the RCBS No. 19 shellholder. Anyone else have this problem with any of the Remington auto rifle cartridges, or with the new 6.8 SPC, which is based on the .30 Rem. case?
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: .30 Rem brass and RCBS No. 19 shellholder

Post by J Miller »

Bill,

I haven't had that problem exactly, but I do have a number of duplicate shell holders. They run the gamut from loose to tight tolerances. If the brass is factory new, then I'd suggest calling RCBS and talk their customer service dept. They'll help figure out the situation. I'll bet you just have a very tight shell holder.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

This is where having a selection of shell-holders pays off. One simply tries the brass in the various shell holders until you find one that fits!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Guys, I found another shellholder that will work. It's just not as tight a fit as I would prefer. I will call RCBS, though.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

The .30 Remington has its own size shellholder, wont fit anything else and nothing else will fit in its place. Cant remember the # right now, your local sporting goods will have the chart.

PS: googled the chart, you need a #19. The one you have is defective or your brass is out of spec. Might get out the micrometer and measure the diameter of the case rims.