REDUCING THE HERD

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

REDUCING THE HERD

Post by rjohns94 »

I am going through another paradigm shift in my firearms collection and I am going to post up all my firearms that I want to get rid of. Basically, I'm going down to one lever gun as a truck and deer lever, and one pistol to match it. I will also have my double rifle/20 gauge combo and a .22lr rifle. I will be keeping a hunting pistol also, my FA .475 Linebaugh. Almost every other firearm is going: Here is the list that I will be posting on the classifieds, gunbroker, or other forums. I want to give you a heads up as family. Speak quick if your interested. I haven't posted prices yet, so I have room to wiggle, but ballpark # is listed below.

Springfield 1873 45-70 (posted on this forums classified) ($600 shipped to you)

Winchester 1886 - 45-70 this one has an octagon barrel, was not originally a 45-70 and has received a very nice brown job. I think it dates to 1888. Is one of my favorite rifles, but is going to go. ($2200 shipped to you, no ffl)

Marlin 1893 - 30-30 circa 1920 Trapper length barrel. Probably cut but I can't be sure. would make a nice truck gun. ($550 shipped to ffl)

Smith k-22 - posted here ($600 shipped to ffl)

Colt SAA 4 3/4 .44 sp unfired ($1300 shipped to ffl)

MAS 45 .22lr bolt action rifle with 5 extra mags ($400 shipped to ffl)

Parker 12 gauge with 20 gauge briley tubes, redone case color ($600 shipped to ffl)

Smith model 19, .357 (marked .38 special) with stag grips.($400 shipped to ffl)

Colt Carbine with adjustable stock, 9mm, with nexstar scope and scope mount, several mags. ($1200 shipped to ffl)

Walther PP, .22lr with stag grips. ($600)

With the sale of these, I will be looking to get a 470 NE to go with the FA :lol:
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Re: REDUCING THE HERD

Post by bsaride »

send me pics of the K-22
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mich Hunter »

Sent you an IM. I would be interested in the Parker
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

BSARIDE - the Smith is posted on our classified section: http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... =2&t=21427

Mich Hunter:
PM and emails sent.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I'm not in 'buying' mode, but I'm interested in what you decided to KEEP and why. It is always interesting to see what people like as their basic 'battery'.

For me, it would be something like a .22LR handgun/rifle combo, and the same in .357 or .44 Mag (levergun of course for the rife), and then a 12 gauge shotgun and something like a .308 maybe M1A or bolt gun.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Thanks for the question. I am currently keeping:

NKJ worked '92 in .357, and a S&W 60-3 and Bond Derringer in the same caliber.
I'm keeping a 12 ga side by side until such time as my barrel set comes for my sxs rifle, then I will shift to 20gauge on the Chapuis.
I'm keeping the 9,3x74R double rifle as my Med Heavy rifle.
I'm keeping my .475 Linebaugh Freedom Arms Primere
I will have a .22 lr, either a pistol or rifle.
I also have my .54 Blackpowder rifle
and two pellet guns: a .20 cal rifle and a .177 pistol with rifle stock.

I still have a Sig 226 Combat in 9 mm with 20 round capacity that I will probably let go at some time too.
Mike Johnson,

awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

rjohns94 wrote:I will have a .22 lr, either a pistol or rifle.
Personally I would (and do) have one of each. Sometimes you might just have to reach out a little further than a pistol can on a consistent basis.

And I'm glad to see I'm not the only one in reduction/simplifying mode. :wink:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

model 19Image
Mike Johnson,

rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Mike Johnson,

rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

walther .22lr two mags.

Mike Johnson,

mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

PM sent but for some reason it didn't get sent. Hope it goes this time!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Victor, I got it and responded. let me know.
Mike Johnson,

Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I dearly miss my old Colt 44 spl. I'm just not in a position to do anything about it. Work has been slow, and I've been selling stuff also so I can keep the bills paid. If you still have the Colt when I sell a cabin, or things pick up, I'd be interested.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?