OT - Mourning and being mourned.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

OT - Mourning and being mourned.

Post by J Miller »

I just read iceman's post about loosing his FIL, and then of course 45-70's wife, and thought about all the forum members who've lost friends and family and the friends and family I've lost in the recent years, when a thought came into my tired mind.

The only thing we can hope is that when we die, there will be someone who mourns us as much as we mourned those of ours who preceded us.

I found that a bittersweet thought.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

Joe...someone like you won't be mourned, like the others...but, celebrated. Like 45-70's lovely wife, like Ji's Mom & Pop & the others.

We all suffer losses...that is the nature of life. The time to tell someone you love them is NOW...not later. Elmer Keith (G-D bless his soul) said just that as his final written words in "Hell I was there".

I agree.

LeverBob
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

Amen.
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Anyone who mournes my passing will get a ghostly wet willy :wink: I want lot's of laughter, liquid refreshment, music (maybe I'll have enough band buddies around to put on a couple hours of good Military and Circus marches........)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

Now after these things it came about that the [true] God put Abraham to the test. Accordingly he said to him: “Abraham!â€
45-70
Levergunner

Post by 45-70 »

After the 2 weeks since my wife passed on, what I feel is great relief that her sufferings over 8 years, and especially over the last 3+ years, are over...

When I begin to feel loneliness or self-pity, that relief that her sufferings are over sweeps over me and I have great peace, what a blessing!

That's now...maybe in a few more weeks these feelings will change, or not, but either way, her cancer provided me with time to prepare, time to ponder and contemplate the future without her, especially the last few weeks when she wasn't really there anyway.

Funny thing is, I'm finding it difficult to define the term "normal"...what is normal for me? Today, normal is getting up, going to work and remembering all the good times and that I still have a son to father.

And that son will hopefully outlive me and do for me what I was able to do for my wife. That's why I didn't go for the 2-in-1 grave marker for our plots, just bought hers. I want my son to have that experience of buying mine when I pass on, might seem strange, but that's how I feel, keeping him involved in the process of taking care of family.

Joe, I don't really care how many "mourn" my passing, but would prefer that they celebrate my life with memories of the good times! Toast to my life, not my death...just like we have done for my precious mate, Tamara.

That's my thoughts and I'm sticking with 'em... :)
"I came into the world to do the will of my Father, because my Father sent me..." Jesus Christ.
bunklocoempire
Senior Levergunner

Post by bunklocoempire »

"Earths but a desert drear, Heaven is my home..."
As far as myself I told my wife I want my ashes scattered in Kailua Bay and the most direct route is down the toilet so I told her to flush me away while playing "Taps". She thinks i'm kidding.
I'd like to be spread on our vegatables, hear ashes are good for them!

Be sad for our loss, be glad for our loved ones who go home.

Bunkloco
“We, as a group, now have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance, once you become knowledgeable you have an obligation to do something about it.” Ron Paul
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Excellent observation Joe!
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

We may die laying in a nursing home in a pee soaked diaper. We may only have 1 or 2 people by that time that truly miss us, because for the rest we offer nothing for their ego or pocketbook by that time. But that's not the end, only the beginning. What God values and what men value are two different things. The first will be last and the last will be first in the Kingdom that is to come. :)
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I hope there is not much mourning, but celebration knowing that I go to be with my Father. I hope I go before my only son. I will cherish the memories of my parents who are in the winter of their lives. I hope I am not left to mourn my brother. For those left behind, I hope and pray they know they were loved. I try to show that every day
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

Great thoughts and very helpful for me right now. All I can say is amen.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

I wish each and everyone of you and the one's you love a full and satisfying life. Then it's on to the next adventure.
Old Law Dawg
Marlin .35
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Marlin .35 »

Being cremated and ashes dumped in the Gulf of Mexico. No notices given, no newspaper, no mourning!!!! Art
Dead Calm is alive and well!!!!!!!
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Art,

Just wanted to say a word here. Your attitude and good will that you have show to all here , after what life has dealt you, has been inspiring to me and I am sure to many others here. Same goes for Ganjiro, Homefront, Chuck Smith and others who have been through the fire. Just one of those things I always wanted to say, but haven't. You guys still aren't getting my beer though! :wink: :)
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
cvarcher
Levergunner 2.0

I cant imagine the suffering the Native american people

Post by cvarcher »

went through just simply trying to live on their own land when another government of foreign people invaded their home and systematically destroyed their lives.I bet the people of Iraq will fair better when that war is over than our own first Americans. There just was no excuse at all for it.