If Only!...Guns You Really Wish They Made

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Henry McCann
Levergunner 2.0

Re: If Only!...Guns You Really Wish They Made

Post by Henry McCann »

Buck, just like the rest, if I was rich I'd be happy to back you. As you said, "We can dream can't we?"

I know not many like the BLR, but my dad and I have used two BLR's, a .308 and a .358, for 30 years and really like them.

What I would like, and it would be easy to do, is longer barrels. I love my Browning 71 with a 24" barrel, and my 336A's with 24" barrels, so give me a BLR with at least a 22" barrel in the non-magnum short action calibers. 24" would be even more fun. And add the .338 Federal and .260 Remington.

How about bringing back the 336A's with the 24" barrel?
"Be kind and polite to everyone you meet; but have a plan on how to kill them." General Mattis
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Deleted
Last edited by COSteve on Thu May 01, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
scarville
Levergunner 2.0

Post by scarville »

Doc Hudson wrote:
scarville wrote:A

Something like the 270 Herron Staggercyl would be pretty cool:

http://www.bigheadpress.com/lneilsmith/?p=233
Oddly enough, such a revolver was made back in the 1880's. IIRC it ws a 12 or 16 shot revolver and I think it was chambered for a .32 caliber round of some sort.

I'll dig out my copy of Firearm Curiosa and see if i can scan a photo of the thing.
Please do. I really had no idea such a thing has already been made. That is uber kewl.
What most people call a "right" is the equivalent of a dog walking on a leash. Just because your leash is a little longer than the other dogs' does not mean you don't have a master.
revolvergeek
Levergunner

Post by revolvergeek »

If I ever win the lottery I am going to have Hamilton Bowen make me a pair of S&W 45-2s, one round butt 4 inch and one square butt 5 inch, both with spare 22 mag cylinders. A Model 15 2 inch in .22 LR would be fun also.

I would love it if somebody would re-engineer a Broomhandle Mauser in .38 Super and an M1 Carbine in 10mm.

A Colt Lightening in 9mmP/.38S&W and a Thunderer in .45 acp might be fun also.

And maybe a Webley / Enfield top break, in 9mmP with moon clips.