Hate to Hear This - Let's up the noise on need for safety!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hobie

Hate to Hear This - Let's up the noise on need for safety!

Post by Hobie »

Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Hate to Hear This - Let's up the noise on need for safety!

Post by .45colt »

Very Sad. These are always the worst. would have been easy to prevent. My Prayers Go out to the Family.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Pennsylvania Boy, 6, Fatally Shot While Playing With Gun

Sunday, September 06, 2009

* Print
* ShareThis

NEW HOLLAND, Pa. — A 6-year-old boy has been fatally shot after neighbors said he and a friend were playing with a gun in central Pennsylvania.

New Holland police say it happened shortly before 5 p.m. Saturday on a farm in Earl Township.

Authorities are not releasing the boy's name, or saying who fired the gun. The Lancaster County coroner says an autopsy will be performed Tuesday.

Police Chief John Yost says that because of the circumstances of the death he can't release any specific details.

District Attorney Craig Stedman also says he can't comment.
OK, the neighbors saw the boys playing with the gun, why didn't they do something about it? Oh yeah, they thought it was a toy gun. Sure they did. Most likely they stuck their heads up their behinds and hoped it would go away.

Safety is great, but 99% of boys that age have no concept of safety or even reality for that matter. There's not enough info in that tiny article to really know what happened, but I think the neighbors that did nothing should share the blame.

JMHO

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Gun safety is ALL of our job - ALL of the time. As responsible gun owners we should never tolerate any poor gun handling practices. We protect life, we protect our own and others, and we protect the image of our right...
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Ysabel Kid wrote::cry: :cry: :cry:

Gun safety is ALL of our job - ALL of the time. As responsible gun owners we should never tolerate any poor gun handling practices. We protect life, we protect our own and others, and we protect the image of our right...

+1 :(
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

My boy is 8 years old. We practice gun safety regularly.

The rules:

1. If you see a gun don't touch it AND DON'T LET ANYONE ELSE TOUCH IT EITHER.
2. Find a grownup.
3. If someone else touches the gun GET OUT OF THERE! and find a grownup.

From what I've read most kids get killed by the other kid, hence the all caps part of rule #1 and #3.

P
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
Brian in FL
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Brian in FL »

How sad. This just points to the fact that the Eddie Eagle program needs to be taught far more often than it is now to far more children than it already reaches.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

pharmseller wrote:My boy is 8 years old. We practice gun safety regularly.

The rules:

1. If you see a gun don't touch it AND DON'T LET ANYONE ELSE TOUCH IT EITHER.
2. Find a grownup.
3. If someone else touches the gun GET OUT OF THERE! and find a grownup.

From what I've read most kids get killed by the other kid, hence the all caps part of rule #1 and #3.

P
Brian in FL wrote:How sad. This just points to the fact that the Eddie Eagle program needs to be taught far more often than it is now to far more children than it already reaches.

Quinn, you are pretty much following the "Eddie Eagle" program. We do the same here at home.

Brian - right on the money. This should be REQUIRED early on in school and repeated every year.
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

Both of my children were taught from an early age that firearms are nothing to play with. While my son has no real interest in firearms and hunting, he has been raised with a respect for such. My daughter at 7 years has more experience than many adults in firearms. I have no problem leaving an unloaded firearm in the open with them around, but their friends are another story. My high school senior son was asked by a teacher last week how many firearms are in your household. He responded that there were well over 20...and I educated him later that day on the problems with giving information to the public...especially teachers, LEO's and others who cannot be trusted. Once again we are faced with an "Us vs Them" mentality and I'm certainly not happy about it. Facts will be twisted to implicate negligence on the part of anyone who doesn't buy into the liberal BS that is currently being spread. Watch your backs fella's cause it's getting tough. They are invading our school systems, our health systems and our neighborhoods.

Ed